Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Peter Joseph on TED?

Tags: The Zeitgeist Movement [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to The Zeitgeist Movement | Reply to Topic ]
Global Elite InternPosted: Dec 06, 2010 - 15:27
(0)

Level: 0
CS Original

So TZM is in full climax over the news that PJ will be on TED.

"I can't wait for people's faces in the audience when Peter throws his ultra brain out there. I am so glad he can talk dimensions better than any politician who does nothing else all day long." neverquit

But I thought this was odd since he is not an expert on anything (except maybe the xylophone) and he actively promotes pseudoscience. However, it turns out that he is going to be at TEDx, not TED.

http://www.tedxoporto.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=97:peter-joseph&catid=34:oradores&Itemid=60

TEDx is independent from TED and is a way for anyone to put together a conference on any subject (TED just shows you how to organize the event). Not only is it not TED, it is in Portugal. It is kinda like me saying I play Major League Baseball when all I am doing is playing a pick-up game with my friends using the MLB rulebook.

My question is does anyone have info on this? And does anyone want to put on a counter TEDx conference that just debunks everything PJ says at his TEDx event?

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Dec 06, 2010 - 15:35
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

Who is eligible for a license?

Anyone, anywhere in the world, is eligible for a license to organize a TEDx event. However, TED holds the following exceptions:

* Organizers under age 18 must be supervised by an adult.
* TED does not grant licenses to those associated with controversial or extremist organizations.
* TEDx events may not be used to promote spiritual or religious beliefs, commercial products or political agendas.
* Organizers may not affiliate the TEDx or TED brand with other conferences, or with commercial endeavors.

http://www.ted.com/pages/organize_tedx_event</p>

-----

I think someone should email TED and let them know what's going on, because TZM clearly violates their terms of use.

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Sil the ShillPosted: Dec 06, 2010 - 15:38
(0)

Level: 9
CS Original

Man, that would be awesome if we managed to shut down all those TZM'ers with an email. I nominate Muertos as he most definitely has a way with words.

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Dec 06, 2010 - 15:40
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

I don't think it would be very hard. TZM is in clear violation of bullet points 2, 3 and 4.

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
MuertosPosted: Dec 06, 2010 - 15:46
(0)

Paid Disinformation Blogger

Level: 14
CS Original

Someone provide me a run-down on how to complain to TEDx, or an email address to send it to, and I'll be happy to draft the complaint.

#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Dec 06, 2010 - 15:53
(0)

Level: 6
CS Original

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1hLzQPio_8

TEDx seems to have pretty loose restrictions. And with that comes a loss of credibility, so I'd just let them air their eye-opening speech and watch it vanish without any impact.

#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Dec 06, 2010 - 15:54
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

No.

#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Senor DingdongPosted: Dec 06, 2010 - 15:56
(0)

Level: 1
CS Original

They really are their own satire.

#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: Dec 06, 2010 - 16:03
(0)

Ordo Ab Chao.

Level: 8
CS Original

Richard Dawkins had one on militant atheism...

Does that violate the terms of use?

If it does, then maybe TED isn't so hot about restrictions.

#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
duncanlecombrePosted: Dec 08, 2010 - 02:00
(0)

Level: 2
CS Original

If TED shuts him down, PJ will just claim that TED is part of a corrupt system of mentally handicapped shills, he will then use it as "evidence" of a bigger conspiracy. But go ahead it sounds fun.

#10 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]