Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Why is Peter Joseph/TZM against Open Source?

Tags: zeitgeist, The Zeitgeist Movement, TZM, Jared Lee Loughner, OSS, IRS [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to The Zeitgeist Movement | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 08:26
(0)

There ARE more sluts in public schools. Shut up and let me explain.

Level: 8
CS Original

I've seen a few times here and there where people mention PJ being against Open Source Software. Is something this stupid really true? If so, when did he say he was against it, and what was the context? Furthermore, was it before or after they installed Joomla, which itself is OSS.

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 08:36
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original

Can't be yet another example of hypocrisy by PJ, however small.

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 08:37
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

Because he can't control it then, duh.

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AKBastardPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 08:40
(0)

Level: 5
CS Original

Open source software is a tool of the monetary system and aberrant behavior.

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 08:58
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original

@NWO Florist

Excellent point.

#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 11:51
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

CS Original

I think I can answer this pretty well. Once upon a time their was a TZM development team that wasn't getting bad (everybody except a guy called tanktop who wasn't doing anything yet was under contract by PJ that is also the guy is a total idiot). Anyways long story short Peter said move from mumble to teamspeak 3 the dev team said no and said mumble is open source TS3 is not. Peter goes and announces on his radio show that their is a group the believes open source is the answer or what did you say exactly something of the nature of "open source if the over arching answer" then he precedes that statement with basically saying "no".

So basically they in affect fired the whole TZM developers team (a lot were not Zeitgeist movement members to start with) and starting paying developers money (the thing their against) . As of now all of the TZm developers on staff are getting paid money. So is Zeitgeist Movement forward or moving ten steps back?

Just about everybody (would be 70 some active developers not counting inactive developers) within RBOSE is connected in with a open source project I imagine word spreads basically. As well as Richard Stallman didn't have cult supporting sentiments for the Zeitgeist Movement and venus project. I imagine he responded because he was being hit up 24/7 by conspiracy theorist cult Zeitgeist members.

I just find it funny that a guy who plays the marimba is going to to somehow over shadow a computer science developer at that a guy that has developed and is preserving a working concept like open source. Yet somehow robots will tell us what to do and people who are experts in this particular field must be wrong and in fact robots can do everything because a marimba marketing salesman says so.

What Stallman said below. RBOSE does have a few members in contact with Stallman so I can imagine their first hand opinions had some weight on his. I feel like RBOSE is like the Illuminati now... Only we have developers in our ranks, and maybe Illuminati and some NWO LOL ...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
http://stallman.org/articles/zeitgeist.html</p>

The Zeitgeist Movement

I recently read the statement of principles of the Zeitgeist Movement.
(http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/The%20Zeitgeist%20Movement.pdf the website where Stallman got his information from which is of course the companion guide.)

The first half, which criticizes the current economic system, seems to be valid more or less (there are points I don't know enough to be certain of). However, the recommendations in the second half seem to have basic flaws.

It proposes that we should entrust a computer system to decide how much to make of every sort of product. Given a well-formulated problem, with a choice between a limited set of products, and a clear idea of what they are useful for and who wants what, it might be feasible for a program to calculate an optimal solution. But real life is far more complicated than that. It might be feasible to calculate how much resources to put into "growing chocolate", but how could any centralized system decide how much to produce of the thousands of different kinds of chocolate candies, chocolate pastries, chocolate puddings. Each person might like one of these more than another because of subtle differences in taste and texture, which that person would be hard put to describe.

The article also points out that societies can change values. That is true, but we don't know how to predict how they will change, let alone how to change them to order. Meanwhile, there are tremendous actual differences in values. Some value systems, such as the ones that motivate "honor killings", deserve to be morally condemned and rejected. But there are many other variations in values within the bounds of decency.

Also, I saw no solution for dealing with one aspect of human nature: the tendency to compete to for the admiration or envy of the neighbors. This drives competitive consumption, which is a major cause of waste. Wise people opt out of this, but if we want to lead everyone to opt out, I don't think exhortations to wisdom will suffice. We would need a method that works. I don't know of one, but I don't see that the Zeitgeist Movement does either.

copyright (c) 2009 Richard Stallman
Verbatim copying and redistribution of this entire page are permitted provided this notice is preserved.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Also here are some interesting things to review on this topic as well for interest sake.

RBOSE letter to Peter Joseph Merola in pdf:

http://www.4shared.com/document/eOt2Mebf/Letter_To_Peter.html</p>

here is a link to peters reply to RBOSE letter:

http://www.4shared.com/document/P4NaQPdw/Peters_Reply_to_the_Letter.html</p>

I can't seem to see Peter's antiopen source rhetoric but I found it on the anonymous channel. Listen to the last 1/3 of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgpwRufAZCA

The blog I will be posting eventually should cover this in more detail I think.

#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 11:53
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Hm, are they paying taxes on this salary?

#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 12:03
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

CS Original

@NWO Florist not sure to be honest. Check up above I added some stuff to it. Richard Stallman the originator of the of open source concept say the Zeitgeist Movement and Venus Project is bologna hook line and sinker garbage.

#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 12:11
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Maybe its time I made good on my threats to report TZM to the IRS.

TIME FOR AN AUDIT MOFAKAS

TROLLING BY IRS YEAH BITCHES

#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]