Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - TZM tackles tough philosophical and economic questions

Tags: The Zeitgeist Movement, The Conspiracy Movement, The Idiot Movement [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to The Zeitgeist Movement | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Mar 25, 2011 - 16:33
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

Today is laundry day at my place. I was just folding my shirts, several of which are falling apart to some degree, and I noticed something - every single one of them is starting to rip around the inside of the collar, where the little tag used to be (before I ripped it off because little tags on the back of my neck bug the hell out of me, of course).

Any other tag-rippers out there? Sure there are.

So anyway, I got to thinking, this is a perfect example of Planned Obsolescence. They KNOW a lot of people are gonna rip those tags off there. And they also know that's gonna loosen the threads. And of course they know that's going to greatly reduce the lifespan of the item.

Not to mention, I can't think of a single valid reason for the tag to be there. Anyone else? Anyone maybe work in the clothing industry and give some insight here? If so - WTF is up with the tags? Are they designed to irritate the neck? Seems they must be.

Grrrrrr.

http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=99999&func=view&catid=5&id=327932#327932

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Mar 25, 2011 - 16:35
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original

Deep, man. *Takes a drag on the pot cigarette.*

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
domokatoPosted: Mar 25, 2011 - 20:18
(0)

Level: 4
CS Original

Poe? I can only hope

This is like, abysmally dumb. WHAT IS THIS TAG I WILL RIP IT OFF NAO WHY IS MY SHIRT BROKE IT'S A CONSPIRACY PEOPLE

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EzPosted: Mar 25, 2011 - 23:47
(0)

Level: 3
CS Original

I notice CT'ers often say 'I cant think of any reason why <insert whatever here> is <insert something here>' and take that as proof it being there is part of a conspiracy.

Like 'I dont see any reason why the all seeing eye would appear on the back of a dollar bill, So it MUST be a conspiracy!'

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Olek_LPosted: Mar 26, 2011 - 16:44
(0)

Level: 0
CS Original

A tip for this zeitard - cut the tags off with scissors, instead of ripping them off.

#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]