Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Being vegan is not The Movement, or is it?

Tags: meat is tasty [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to The Zeitgeist Movement | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: May 18, 2011 - 09:15
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

As another vegan, I can honestly say that if most members of TZM were totally disinterested or even actively opposed to veganism, I certainly wouldn't be here. What good is a global movement for social change when it can't even show compassion for those who are clearly the most abused and most ignored - namely, non-human animals?

Now, I can't imagine that a RBE as we envision it - a society with far greater public understanding of many issues - would naturally gravitate to a meat-eating society; quite the opposite, I think. Imagine what would happen if movies like Earthlings were aired on mainstream television, or if live cams of slaughterhouses are readily available on the internet. Even the macho-alpha-male types would surely feel something when they watch this stuff alone, unless they've somehow lost all shreds of their humanity.

If people have any bloody compassion left in them, they'll at least consider moving to a non-meat diet, once they've seen what is really done to billions of their fellow animals on a routine basis, mostly for the purpose of making fat people fatter.

All that said, the fact that there are already a large number of vegans and vegetarians in TZM, is a sign of hope, I believe.

http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=231&id=335341&Itemid=100114&lang=en#340169

I would argue that subsidies for corn growers increases our collective girth more than anything, but I guess ranting against consuming corn doesn't have that extra zest that ranting against consuming meat does.

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: May 18, 2011 - 09:19
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original

I would say what happens to animals in farms is no less cruel than what other animals do to each other to eat. Also, hey, veganism, you're killing a plant! When you eat, something dies, live with it.

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: May 18, 2011 - 09:27
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Level: 5
CS Original

This person needs to watch the movie "Fat Head" before they preach about being a vegan. I eat meat because it tastes good. Being a vegan is in fact not very healthy and on top of it all you vegans are mass murders of plants and won't even admit it! :( Plants have feelings to.

I'm trying to do my part by eating more meat to save the plants. I'm what you call a environmentalist but I only practice my activism at home or at a restaurant over a plate of meat with little to no veg's or fruit as possible.

*Raises a fork and knife into the air* Save the plants, by eating more meat!

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: May 18, 2011 - 09:34
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original

"Being vegan is in fact not very healthy"

This. I've met a few vegans/raw foodists who claim that meat is terrible for you, humans are the only primates who eat meat, and that eating meat is unnatural. The raw foodist tried to claim that cooking food made it poisonous. Most of these people complained of frequent gas, and one was grossly overweight. The idea of 'balance' is lost on these people.

Except of course for balancing your energy fields, which the raw foodist said eating only raw food does. Lolwut?

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: May 18, 2011 - 09:39
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

A vegan diet will make you lose weight, this is true. Unfortunately it will all be from muscle loss.

#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
alexastormPosted: May 18, 2011 - 09:55
(0)

Hybrid

Level: 2

Why do vegans constantly insist on telling everyone about what they eat? No one cares, no one wants to hear it yet they're constantly pre-occupied with food. They must be hungry. And anyone that won't wear silk because it's cruel to worms is a bit strange in my book. And some of them are such hypocrites. I once heard one blast someone for buying a new leather jacket, he pointed out that she had a leather sofa. Her response: That's from the 50's, that's different. WTF?

#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: May 18, 2011 - 10:19
(0)

There ARE more sluts in public schools. Shut up and let me explain.

Level: 8
CS Original

Because it's a religion like conspiracy theories, instead of fighting and the NWO you're fighting for the poor, defenseless animals. The claim that no other primates eat meat is a total lie, they do, though not at all. Fucking chimps and bonobos go on hunts in social groups, and they're our closest living relatives.

It's the same as the claim that testing on animals is unscientific, it basically ignores actual science in favor of an ideology. It has less to do with actually giving a shit about animals, than lording over everyone else how great you are for saving the stupid animals and acting all sanctimonious.

I'm surprised when I run into a vegan that isn't a total moron, and all raw foodists are morons, so there's no chance of finding a smart one.

#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
alexastormPosted: May 18, 2011 - 10:55
(0)

Hybrid

I was being slightly facetious there but I really had not thought about it in those terms. I don't know too many vegans and generally avoid them simply because I find them so damn annoying. And comments like "everyone that eats meat should be killed" makes me want to beat the living shit out of the person that makes it. I was also very disgusted by the aforementioned couch person when I saw how she fed her man. She's home watching youtube all day and he's out pulling construction work in 90+ heat and comes home to a dinner of a handful of stir fried chick peas with some tomatos and zucchini thrown in. I would never treat my mate like that. A man that works his ass off all day in the hot sun deserves better.

#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: May 18, 2011 - 11:02
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original

^Wow. Any other crankery she's into if she's watching youtube all day?

#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
alexastormPosted: May 18, 2011 - 11:30
(0)

Hybrid

Of course. She's a Zeitard.

#10 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: May 18, 2011 - 11:40
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original

Oh...wow, you personally know a zeitard.

#11 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
alexastormPosted: May 18, 2011 - 11:58
(0)

Hybrid

Yep. Normally I spent so little time online I doubt I would have ever heard of TZM otherwise. This is a person that has pretty much restructured her entire life based on youtube videos. Oh, and everything they eat has to be organic. Aside from the occasional blurb here and there I didn't even know that much about CT's. That's why I sometimes seem surprised by some of this stuff. I had no idea how wide spread it was or how deep it ran. When I stumbled across this site and began reading I was truly stunned by some of the stuff I was reading. This is a smaller town, pretty mixed and not much extremism going on. Not in the open anyway. But maybe it's worse than I thought. I know a zeitard and the end of the world guy.

#12 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: May 18, 2011 - 12:03
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original

Lol organic. I find it so ironic that environmentalists love organics when it has a lower per acre yield and leads to more deforestation. Organic works fine for small scale agriculture, but it would never work for large scale agriculture to feed the world population.

Anyway, though...that's sad. Restructuring her life based on youtube vids and TZM. What does her husband think of this?

#13 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
alexastormPosted: May 18, 2011 - 12:20
(0)

Hybrid

Organic is a great money making hoax I'll give it that. I almost hate to say this, he's actually a really nice guy but he's so damn whipped he doesn't say much of anything. I've never seen or heard him promote TZM but he sure won't say anything against it. Summer before last we threw a huge end-of-summer party and he was scarfing down burgers like a starving person. That was sad.

#14 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
MuertosPosted: May 18, 2011 - 12:21
(0)

Paid Disinformation Blogger

Level: 14
CS Original

I love animals. They're delicious!

If we aren't meant to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?

#15 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: May 18, 2011 - 12:30
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original

@alexastorm

I have a feeling he hates TZM and all it stands for but is afraid to speak against it.

#16 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
alexastormPosted: May 18, 2011 - 12:41
(0)

Hybrid

That's possible. But he has a tendency to fall for most of the CT's too so I just don't know. He at least is still rational enough to listen to counter arguments. Or he was. Haven't seen them in a while.

#17 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: May 18, 2011 - 14:10
(0)

Ordo Ab Chao.

CS Original

Don't forget the massive and detailed amounts of archeological evidence pointing to our ancestors eating meat and thriving off of it.

Fun fact of biology: Animals eating solely meat have much shorter intestines than plant eating animals (e.g., lions and cows). Why? Because meat is so much fucking easier to break down and absorb. This relationship extends to most omnivores, whose intestine length is between that of carnivores and herbivores.

Not just homo sapiens 20,000 years ago, mind you (who cooked their food as well), but pretty much every fucking link between us and our ECA to other primates.

Two major things led to the evolution of homo sapiens. The ability to walk upright, and the ability to obtain and consume meat. The relationship is very obvious looking at skeletons. As you get closer to homo sapiens in the evolution chain, you'll notice upright, smaller jawed, bigger headed humanoids (as I'll call them). This clearly points to us have a meatier diet, which should (and observably does) lead to bigger, more complicated brains.

I would not be surprised at all if any vegans you meet are also ignorant and/or disingenuous about evolution/biology, etc.

To deny the consumption of meat is to deny what made us... us.

#18 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: May 18, 2011 - 14:14
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original

I think I might go to the cafe restaurant around the corner and get a hamburger with cheese melted right into the meat.

#19 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: May 18, 2011 - 14:18
(0)

Ordo Ab Chao.

CS Original

^ That sounds fucking delicious.

I think my parents are grilling today. SWEET! I love me some precut muscle to cook and place between two slices of bread.

#20 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: May 18, 2011 - 14:24
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original

It is fucking delicious. Not sure how such a place survives here in organic, vegan and health-woo loving western Mass, but meh. I'm thankful it's here!

#21 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
alexastormPosted: May 18, 2011 - 18:57
(0)

Hybrid

@Omni - I've already tried the archeological evidence argument. I guess I should add that well before youtube and CT's this gal was already extremely obsessive about anything she took an interest in. I just no longer have any interest in wasting my time.

We've got a 5 Guys about a mile away. Best damn bacon double cheeseburgers I ever had.

#22 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: May 19, 2011 - 07:20
(0)

Level: 10
CS Original

"and one was grossly overweight"
-

How the hell do you get grossly overweight on a raw food diet?? They have a lot of problems trying to get enough calories in the day to sustain them.

Also I know a vegan and a few vegetarians and they aren't anything like what some of you lot are describing. However, I have met ones like you are describing, and they are very annoying indeed.

#23 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Evil ElvisPosted: May 19, 2011 - 07:28
(0)

STFU!

Level: 1
CS Original

Non-human animals?!? Crap, have I been eating human animals all these years!

#24 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: May 19, 2011 - 07:39
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

"Also I know a vegan and a few vegetarians and they aren't anything like what some of you lot are describing. However, I have met ones like you are describing, and they are very annoying indeed."

Veganism is an ideology and will thus have evangelicals.

#25 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: May 19, 2011 - 10:42
(0)

There ARE more sluts in public schools. Shut up and let me explain.

CS Original

I'm better than you because I don't eat animals, just humans.

#26 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: May 19, 2011 - 10:43
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

LONGPIG

#27 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]