Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Why the Merola brothers are true pieces of shit - Page 2

Tags: quackery, alternative medicine, health woo [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to The Zeitgeist Movement | Reply to Topic ]
alexastormPosted: Jul 09, 2011 - 20:34
(0)

Hybrid

Level: 2

@ anticultist *slap*
You know that a CTer would have rejected the same article because it's published by chemo pushers who are paid off by Big Pharma.

And if you don't want to read SAY SOMETHING so I don't run around in circles here. *double slap*

@Ed... don't get me started on the anti-vaccine idiots.

#31 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 10, 2011 - 16:15
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

There's a distinct difference between the disclaimers found on medical sites and the disclaimers found on alt-med sites. The ones on medical sites are pretty standard disclaimers and usually found on a page for that. The ones found on alt-med sites are in your face, repeated often and encompass pretty much any way in which they could possibly be sued.

#32 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
alexastormPosted: Jul 10, 2011 - 23:04
(0)

Hybrid

Level: 2

Yes, they usually read something like this.
"The information in ____________________'s Web site is not intended as a substitute for medical professional help or advice but is to be used only as an aid in understanding current medical knowledge. A physician should always be consulted for any health problem or medical condition."

I was just confused. If you read the article you can see it for yourself, there is no legal disclaimer out in the open. It's in a link at the very bottom of the page, the same place most medical sites put them. Now I'm interested in looking at an alt-med site just to see as I can't remember ever seeing one.

#33 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]