Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - TZM is dead and no one cares about RBE

Tags: TZM, RBE, The Zeitgeist Movements, The Show's Over, Spoiler: Fresco dies at the end, Sticky this and let's stop the rehash [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to The Zeitgeist Movement | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Jul 17, 2011 - 10:27
(1)

There ARE more sluts in public schools. Shut up and let me explain.

Level: 8
CS Original

My father started this site because of the Zeitgeist film, and later on when TZM came about the site became even more popular. If you ask TZM members they'll often tell you that he created the site because he hated TZM, even though it's easy to prove it existed long before the movement did. Even so he always wanted the site to go beyond Zeigeist and TZM so that's why much of the work here is not related to Zeitgeist/TZM at all, in fact out of all the nearly 80 articles only 8 are related to Zeitgeist at all.

The first Zeitgeist film had a lot of influence, but it's been downhill for Zeitgeist/TZM/Merola/etc since then. An important fact still remains: people like Alex Jones, Jeff Rense, David Icke, and others have been far more popular and well known than anything related to Zeitgeist.

Something that's bothered me since I started really reading the site about a year and a half ago and then started posting about 7-8 months ago is how much focus is on TZM and Zeitgeist. It logically doesn't make sense that there are far more influential and dangerous conspiracy theorists than Peter Joseph, yet this site focuses on him and his garbage.

One thing Eric and I were hoping to do was move away from TZM, because the name "Conspiracy Science," even though broad, became directly associated with TZM, and we also wanted to get involved in other skepticism topics like the paranormal. I've been spending my extra time working on a completely new site to replace this one, and while I hoped I'd be done sooner, it's just taking a lot longer than I had planned.

The Zeitgeist Movement is dead, their hits have gone steadily down from the beginning of the year, only shortly spiking after the third film came out. Merola and others figured there'd be millions of people influenced by the film, but despite millions of views on the internet, they do not have even a million "members."

As for the "resource based economy" idea, it's a joke. The entire basis is on tabula rasa, which is a pseudoscience. There is room for discussion of similar concepts such as technocracy, but Fresco has been pushing the "RBE" concept for decades and has only used it to rip people off. RBE is now a term made completely taboo by it being associated with TZM, something in fact my father predicted.

There's so much crap that gets posted on Infowars, Prison Planet, From the wilderness, and many other sites that literally millions of people believe in, and yet our primary focus seems to be on VTV's fake disability and what crappy new movies Merola and his retarded brother are working on.

I don't like to consider myself the owner of the site, though I do have complete control over it, and I do ban people sometimes, which by default makes me the head bitch in charge.

I really want this site to go forth into the skeptic world and get a lot of real information out there, debunk a lot, and so on. I don't think we need to discuss TZM, TVP, Merola, Fresco, etc much anymore. I think there's still a little room for it, but not to where every single day a new topic is posted about a movement that only exists in the members of it and the people who think it's stupid; lest we forget the topics that go on for pages and pages, arguing specifics about an ideology which has no tenants than "technology is good and everyone's inherently nice."

More often than not, the topics regarding TZM, RBE, and so on have already been discussed dozens of times on this forum, and it's stupid, especially because TZM has become such a non-issue. TVP itself has even returned to the bizarre obscurity it once had before Merola latched on to it.

I think it's time as a forum we actually provide real information, talk about people causing real confusion and problems (like Alex Jones) than going on and on, talking about the same stupid shit the Merola has been saying for years, despite his movement becoming less and less popular by the day.

I get tons of emails every day from people asking about Alex Jones, David Icke, the Freemasons, etc, and these days about two emails a month about TZM.

Let's move on, it's stupid and a waste of time. There are still tons of sites that will cover the goings on, but 3 years is long enough for us.

http://anticultist.wordpress.com/<br /> http://zeitgeistmovements.wordpress.com/

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 17, 2011 - 10:31
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

Works for me.

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Jul 17, 2011 - 10:38
(0)

Brainwashing you for money

Level: 15
CS Original

I have been making posts about other stuff these days anyways, aside from the one i directed to disprove vaspers belief and the silly one about ed V the other day. All mine recently have been on other shit like icke, john ronson etc..

So yeah It wont much affect me, I hardly even post on my own TZM critical blog anymore these days as its that boring to me now.

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jul 17, 2011 - 10:55
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Level: 5
CS Original

TZM is lame. I don't want to indulge the thought of a RBE int he firt place as it give the impression that I may be vaguely interested and I don't want to give a false impression that I am.

I agree I'm tired of TZM and would like to expand into other areas such as for example other internet cults as well as UFOers.

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
KeppPosted: Jul 17, 2011 - 11:00
(0)

CS Original

Great post Rox!

#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jul 17, 2011 - 11:19
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original

I'd like to see more discussion of alternative medicine/health myself. That's one of my favorite skeptical topics.

#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
MuertosPosted: Jul 17, 2011 - 11:48
(1)

Paid Disinformation Blogger

Level: 14
CS Original

These are all good posts.

I probably spend more time debunking TZM than I should, so I'm at least partially guilty here. I agree we ought to be spending more time on other issues.

#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jul 17, 2011 - 12:08
(0)

CS Original

I don't think anybody should force it as far as finding anything but TZmer stuff however if you come across something you find interesting that seems to be BS post it up.

#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
freeflyerPosted: Jul 17, 2011 - 16:36
(0)

Level: 0

Dear Rox,
I stopped following up with TZM and VTV and all of the associated things long time ago after going through its critique on this site and anticultist's site and I very much welcome the idea of broadening the span of this site to many other more important, and relevant things.
One interesting thing that you said though was about the RBE. The venus project is based on RBE as its concept, and considers humans as tabula rasa when they're born. This you consider to be pseudoscience. However, your father actually like this idea as he describes here: http://conspiracies.skepticproject.com/articles/zeitgeist-addendum/. So, do you disagree with your father here? I'll be honest, I don't know much about the current state of science in the nature vs. nurture debate. Would you elaborate more on the tabula rasa as pseudoscience? Perhaps direct me to some relevant links?

#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Jimmy BiscuitPosted: Jul 17, 2011 - 16:41
(0)

CS Original

Really pleased to hear this. I don't spend as much time here anymore cause I've never been that interested In the zeitgeist stuff and at times it felt extremely over represented here. Bring it on!

#10 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Jul 17, 2011 - 16:43
(0)

Level: 6
CS Original

This you consider to be pseudoscience. However, your father actually like this idea

He doesn't: http://conspiracies.skepticproject.com/forums/topic/resources-for-debunking-the-blank-slate-theory#post-10908

#11 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
freeflyerPosted: Jul 17, 2011 - 16:45
(0)

Thank you cyborg. Which one is her father?

#12 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Jul 17, 2011 - 16:49
(0)

Brainwashing you for money

Level: 15
CS Original

President Camacho is her pops

#13 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
freeflyerPosted: Jul 17, 2011 - 16:53
(0)

Thanks AC

#14 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Jul 17, 2011 - 17:11
(0)

Level: 6
CS Original

It's a good move. If anyone still wants to debate economics and/or politics of or close to TZM, I'm game, but I doubt that's gonna happen. There are few writers with a fundamentally critical stance on capitalism and those who I've read do not get their facts right, including PJ. One need not take attention away from the good ones by focusing in on TZM as if it were the leader in this area.

#15 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 17, 2011 - 17:31
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

Tired of debating believers in RBE. Shits a meaningless concept based entirely in pseudoscience. If you want to be a communist, fine. Just don't mix the science fiction into it.

#16 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Elm Nehmara Grand RapidsPosted: Jul 17, 2011 - 17:52
(0)

I don't deal well with shrillers

Level: 1
CS Original

I would also like to see the move away from from TZM and focus more on the whackier conspiracy theories out there, such as the MK-Ultra/Project Monarch mind control things and debunking the stuff that Vigilant Citizen and others come up about illuminati symbols in the media and such.

#17 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Jul 18, 2011 - 02:03
(0)

CS Original

So, do you disagree with your father here?

Yes, I think RBE and TVP is stupid.

#18 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EzPosted: Jul 18, 2011 - 06:38
(0)

Level: 3
CS Original

I agree with Elm. The Illuminati, NWO, Bankster conspiracy theories are by far the most ridiculous, but they are also the most commonly believed, often by people who don't dwell on it too much (ie not hardcore believers), but who simply believe in it because someone told them about it, or they read about it on the internet, or because KRS-ONE and Lupe Fiasco rap about it.

I've been surprised at the amount of people who believe that crap, and I tend to avoid discussing politics with people as alot of them seem to be into it (if you could even consider conspiracy theories as politics; but for some people "strong political views" means they are into conspiracy theories or some other extreme ideology)

#19 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
freeflyerPosted: Jul 18, 2011 - 08:32
(0)

Just to clear up confusion if there is, I'm not a "believer" in RBE and was kind of surprised for this website's support for the Venus project when I read it first.

#20 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Vasper85Posted: Jul 19, 2011 - 21:32
(0)

CS Original

This requires a sticky.

#21 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Evil ElvisPosted: Jul 28, 2011 - 03:10
(0)

STFU!

CS Original

nothing wrong with Venus project when you first see it - why not have an automated society where robots do our bidding. when you scratch the surface you see the bullshit and that usually happens as soon as you've clicked on their web site and seen their request for non-disclosure agreements before they proceed with providing more info. oh and coffee mugs with that fossils face on them going for $20.

#22 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Aug 18, 2011 - 01:53
(0)

CS Original

So it's been a month since I created this thread, so far I think we've done a good job at talking about other things since then, except big stuff like Zeitards wanting to blow up dams.

Let's see how things have gone for TZM still:

The last year:

This image shows a huge spike after the third film came out, but then a huge dive, to lower than previous levels. Where are the millions of members?

It's still consistently dropping:

No doubt people are disappointed by the fact that it's becoming less popular, but I have a feeling a lot of it had to do with the wait of a year for the third film, with promises it will have the answers to gaining critical mass, and poof, nothing.

Lest we forget Merola even suggested he could get an academy award for the film:

http://conspiracies.skepticproject.com/forums/topic/will-dr-peter-joseph-merola-king-esquire-dictator-win-the-academy-awards

#23 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Aug 18, 2011 - 02:02
(0)

CS Original

Peter said he had mainstream media pounding at his door for a interview with him; Which he said he refused to do interviews until after the third movie was released... People are Still waiting to see some-type of mainstream interview with Peter (if anybody cares) and no Russia Today does not count. I guess Peter was kinda mainstream in some sense if one considers the Jared Lee Loughner incident.

Peter also said the third movie would QUADRUPLE the number of members in TZM when launched. What happened Peter?

#24 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Aug 18, 2011 - 06:19
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original

The only reason they didn't reach critical mass is because of this tiny forum with about a dozen or so regular posters, and a few who pop up. We prevented TZM from saving the world, so when everything collapses, it's our fault.

#25 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]