Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Zeiterrorism

Tags: Terrorism [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to The Zeitgeist Movement | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Aug 16, 2011 - 13:41
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

In this thread we will discuss whether or not TZM is a breeding ground for domestic terrorism. Will the anti-government rhetoric boil over into direct acts of violence? Why or why not?

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
MuertosPosted: Aug 16, 2011 - 14:14
(1)

Paid Disinformation Blogger

Level: 14
CS Original

The leadership of the movement itself isn't coordinated enough to do anything, and, as little as I think of him for pushing conspiracy theories and doing the other awful things he does, I don't think Peter Merola is the type to willfully incite others to violence.

However, as the Loughner and Breivik incidents show, all it takes is one loon with the wrong ideas in his head to cause a hell of a lot of damage. I believe Zeitgeist attracts these loons to a far greater degree than do other organizations, because belief in conspiracies corresponds with mental illness and extremist beliefs much more frequently than in the general population. I think it is ominous that Zeitgeisters are talking about violence and terrorism, and it's probably only a matter of time before some crazy loner decides on his own that he's going to advance RBE ideology with bullets and bombs.

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Aug 16, 2011 - 14:24
(1)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

I don't think Peter Merola is the type to willfully incite others to violence.

I'd agree with that. But on the other hand, its a bit disturbing that such a thread would not only find like-minded thinkers, but that such a thread has remained un-molested by the ever present, heavy-handed mods. If someone were to start a thread criticizing Merola, it would be shut down and the person banned. If someone starts a thread proposing violent direct action, it remains open.

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Aug 16, 2011 - 17:04
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original

I agree with Matt. The fact that such a thread remains open...and others that are completely offensive (like the one about killing pets and old people) also remain open, it's very telling. Talking seriously about violence is at least acceptable. It's sad, but I can't help but think there'll be a lone nut in the future affiliated with TZM.

They can claim compassion all they want, but what they actually talk about says otherwise.

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JoePosted: Aug 16, 2011 - 21:59
(0)

Level: 8
CS Original

But the question remains how much blame should go to the Zeitgeist Movement for Jared Lee Loughner? Also how blame should go to groups like the English Defence League be blamed for Anders Behring Breivik?

#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]