Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Russian TV Channel Pushes 'Patriot' Conspiracy Theories

Tags: Russia Today [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to General Conspiracy Stuff | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Sep 14, 2011 - 21:18
(1)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original
#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
shamsham1090Posted: Sep 14, 2011 - 21:32
(0)

Level: 0
I like the The Alyona Show http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAlyonaShow

But SPLC is right RT does welcome kooks from birthers to truthers. Is the Kremlin trying subvert us to an idiotocracy?
#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Citizen CostiganPosted: Sep 22, 2011 - 23:31
(0)

Made In America

Level: 0
The only Russia Today program I have ever enjoyed is Thom Hartman. The rest of it is damn thoughtless anti-western trash.
#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Sep 23, 2011 - 03:08
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Level: 5
CS Original
So if I go on Russian TV and start dissing Russia will they censor me?

Russia is only good enough to harbor Americans sewage.
#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Sep 23, 2011 - 05:07
(0)

There ARE more sluts in public schools. Shut up and let me explain.

Level: 8
CS Original
RT isn't Russian TV. It isn't broadcast in Russia, it's not in Russian (most Russians do not speak English). It's state TV that's a propaganda machine.
#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Sep 23, 2011 - 05:25
(0)

CS Original
^ Actually most Russians I come across do speak English. Then again just about every foreigner I come across speaks ok English, excluding people who live in Poland. When I say Russian TV it was meant to mean Russian today TV. I'm not sure how one could take it that I am somehow suggesting RT is broadcasting in Russia and watched by only Russians. I'm saying if I talked bad about Russia on that Russia TV station will they censor me.

So if I say Russia is only good for storing American feces in it, will they censor me? How about showing nice charts and graphs of how poor the average Russian person is compared to an American person.

For calling themselves Russian today, they don't talk very much about Russia.
#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Sep 23, 2011 - 05:47
(0)

CS Original
I imagine the reason you find Russians that speak English so often is because you're on English web sites or services, if you go to Rusnet or Kontaktv, most people there do not speak English at all. In Russia, a lot of young people know a little bit of English, but not enough to hold a coherent conversation or to really understand what others are talking about. It's a lot like America, in that most people speak only one language and don't ever bother to learn anything else.

The official name is "RT" it's not "Russia Today" anymore, because of that very reason. They like to censor any sort of dissenting opinion that is not anti-NATO, so shitting on Russia would probably not be allowed.
#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Sep 23, 2011 - 06:03
(0)

CS Original
I understand that it just seems from my perspective that the friends I have made in Russian Land have friends and parents, and friends of friends who speak decent English as well but that's only from my perspective. I know friends, of friends, of friends, of friends, who speak decent English who live in Russia and they don't go looking for English sites or anything, so in my opinion I'd assumed most Russian speak ok English.

I got a interest in Russia today and decided to do a google search on Russian today and found some interesting things.

Margarita Simonyan, RT's editor-in-chief, says the station was born out of the desire to present an "unbiased portrait of Russia."

If that quote is true why is it I know nothing about Russia when I watch Russian Today. I know more about how awful america from watching Russian Today than about how awful Russia is because by far Russia is pretty bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)
#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Sep 23, 2011 - 06:42
(0)

CS Original
Well, even if that's the desire behind it, it's state funded and clearly focuses on being anti-NATO now, at the cost of any real integrity.
#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Sep 23, 2011 - 07:02
(0)

CS Original
I like this description about Russia Today on the rationalist wiki.
Russia Today also features conspiracy-nut Alex Jones as an expert on various subjects. Anyone objecting to this, is, of course, a NATO spy.
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/RT

OMG ALEX JONES WAS ON RUSSIA TODAY, THEREFORE IT MUST BE A LEGIT NEWS STATION!
#10 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Sep 23, 2011 - 07:07
(1)

CS Original
That's something I'll never understand, government lies, therefore let's trust the Russian government.
#11 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Sep 24, 2011 - 10:33
(1)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original
^We can just ignore that when it confirms our CT woo beliefs.
#12 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]