Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Confusing article on VC

UK Think Tank Wants School Teachers to Address "Conspiracy Theories"

Tags: Vigilant Citizen, Vigilant Idiot [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to The Vigilant Citizen | Reply to Topic ]
Elm Nehmara Grand RapidsPosted: Oct 05, 2011 - 00:32
(0)

I don't deal well with shrillers

Level: 1
CS Original
I'm not exactly sure what the article is saying, but it seems like there is a think tank that is trying to teach kids how to use critical thinking skills when reading on the Internet. Also something about how kids see and believe the stuff that they see on the Internet.

Just read it.

http://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/uk-think-tank-wants-school-teachers-to-address-conspiracy-theories/
#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JoePosted: Oct 05, 2011 - 00:39
(2)

Level: 8
CS Original
CTer thinking "critical thinking" means breanwashing.
#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
emcadaPosted: Oct 05, 2011 - 00:59
(0)

Level: 0
"Critical thinking implies questioning the official version of a story"

Depends on the story.

"seeking alternate sources of information and processing everything to come to an independent conclusion"

Eh somewhat ok

"This is exactly what some of these young people have accomplished, yet the report concluded that they have not used critical thinking because they have believed sources that are not deemed trustworthy (not mass media)."

Nope totally wrong. They just watched a video on YouTube and said it was factual. I bet that these kids didn't even care if 9/11 was an inside job or not until they actually saw the videos on YouTube. Even funnier was that they couldn't tell who made the videos, but they do remember what they were about and that they probably had some good graphics and a dark tone throughout the whole thing to scare them into believing it. This is exactly like the Simpsons episode with the monorail. After the family left Homer couldn't remember who gave the presentation, but could remember that he had a song.
#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Oct 05, 2011 - 10:03
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original
VC is trying to redefine critical thinking in the CT sense of the term, meaning, of course, questioning the official story, seeking independent sources, etc. Emcada is right on both those things.

Here's a list of definitions: http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=critical+thinking+definition&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&q=critical+thinking&tbs=dfn:1&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=M3CMTrPvKYXu0gGkqoSeBw&ved=0CCcQkQ4&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=1995634a4db7f5e8&biw=1280&bih=680

The way I'm reading it, VC here implies that critical thinking means you dismiss 'government' and 'mass media' sources. So to him, critical thinking means only challenge the mass media and government. but totally trust him (and other CT sources).

Also, I only just now noticed the site's subtitle..."symbols rule the word, not words nor laws". LOL.
#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JoePosted: Oct 05, 2011 - 18:42
(0)

Level: 8
CS Original
Wolf Bird
"symbols rule the word, not words nor laws". "
That is a quote that pops up on CTer sites that it was said by Confucius. Of course it appears nowhere else but on CT sites. It is used by those CTers who believe that the Illuminati has nothing else better to do but hide symbols for retards to find.
#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Oct 05, 2011 - 20:32
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original
Should probably go in the quotes database...
#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Elm Nehmara Grand RapidsPosted: Oct 06, 2011 - 18:01
(0)

I don't deal well with shrillers

Level: 1
CS Original
Quote from Joe

Wolf Bird
"symbols rule the word, not words nor laws". "
That is a quote that pops up on CTer sites that it was said by Confucius. Of course it appears nowhere else but on CT sites. It is used by those CTers who believe that the Illuminati has nothing else better to do but hide symbols for retards to find.</blockquot>

It's "Symbols rule the WORLD, not words or laws."
#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Oct 06, 2011 - 18:10
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original
Whoops typo, thanks for catching that.
#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]