Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - LOL, Weird Youtube comment on my video.

CTers try to call everything a conspiracy theory

[ Add Tags ]

[ Return to General Conspiracy Stuff | Reply to Topic ]
Elm Nehmara Grand RapidsPosted: Oct 10, 2011 - 20:35
(0)

I don't deal well with shrillers

Level: 1
CS Original
So I have a video that I put up last year asking why conspiracy theorists believe the way they do out of interest of their way of thinking. Of course I have not gotten any definite answer (like I will.) and got this comment.

Why do you believe in the non-conspiracy way? Which actually is a conspiracy theory in itself.

First off, how do you define, a 'conspiracy theory'? And which 'conspiracies' are you specifically taking about. The ones you mentioned in the video are basically laughable. Almost everything that Alex Jones has stated is fabricated, in order to make money.

LOL, smoking cigs... Is that a conspiracy, that those are bad for one? Is being fit/slim/healthy also a conspiracy theory?

I have noticed this trend of CTers renaming the facts as conspiracy theories, i.e. "the 9/11 official story conspiracy theory." That is those who believe in the official facts, the actual facts that have been proven true, are a "conspiracy theory." Rather the CTers will present their view as just "theories" such as the "WTC controlled demolition THEORY." Making sound plausible.

I don't know what this person meant by the last part of this comment by smoking cigs is a conspiracy? It is a fact that I do smoke as I have been shown to do so on video but how is it a conspiracy? Or the fit/slim/healthy thing, what's a conspiracy about that?

Anyways link to my video and the comment is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDmoe_Z_XiQ&lc=rA2yZ_oAHV_ZcmYaP1WEbQ0cooFHkrj2klyc2y3-P3A&feature=inbox
#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Oct 10, 2011 - 21:20
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original
What the hell is this guy even trying to say? About all I can glean is that it seems that he thinks Alex Jones is in it for money...which makes me wonder if he's a Renser.
#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Elm Nehmara Grand RapidsPosted: Oct 10, 2011 - 21:28
(0)

I don't deal well with shrillers

Level: 1
CS Original
Yeah I don't get it either.

Although I think we should have a Youtube subforum to post non-celeb conspiracy theory videos and comments.

ETA: He just spammed my video with his drivel, anyone want to take up on it since I am not that good at arguing.

1.Conspiracy-

1. A secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful

- a conspiracy to destroy the government

2.The action of plotting or conspiring

Theory-

1.A supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, esp. one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained

2.A set of principles on which the practice of an activity is based

3.An idea used to account for a situation or justify a course of action

With that stated, It is very subjective to use the word, "conspiracy theory". Anything could be defined as a CT, basically.

Thanks for the condescending comment :) "...are you CTers.." First off tell me what a CT is and what isn't by your definition..

I am trying to "convulate" the term ? It is already "convulated" and that's what I saying. Could you maybe use different terminology?

FearTheReaperMan 32 minutes ago

4. A collection of propositions to illustrate the principles of a subject

Conspiracy Theory-

1. A belief that some covert but influential organization is responsible for an unexplained event

F.E. If you aren't really understanding me..

I could state that being fat/obese etc and being 'healthy' do not coexist with one another. So, basically I could define that what you stated, "...one can be healthy at any size.." is a conspiracy theory. Or pseudo science. So therefore, your a CTer :)

I just really don't like the term.. Could you maybe rephrase?

F.E.

Why do you people believe in ways that contradict the scientific method?
#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
emcadaPosted: Oct 11, 2011 - 01:51
(0)

Level: 0
maybe we should give another name to the conspiracy theorists. I propose we do the following

For all Alex Jones followers: Monkeys, (This comes from planet of the apes where Alex is Dr. Zaius and everyone who follows him are the monkeys. The rest of us are the humans or Cornelius and Zira take your pick), or AJ BOTS.

TZM Members: Continue with calling them Zeitards or come up with a new name like The Zeitgeist Morons

Mike Adams readers: The Gullible Nutrionists, Healthy People Lost in Space, or the Dumbfounded Uneducated Mammals.

Anyways this is a suggestion.
#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JoePosted: Oct 11, 2011 - 12:17
(1)

Level: 8
CS Original
^We can call Alex's female fans A Hos.
#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Oct 11, 2011 - 12:30
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9