Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Zeitgeist member arrested for pretending to be Bin Laden.

Loughner 2.0?

[ Add Tags ]

[ Return to The Zeitgeist Movement | Reply to Topic ]
MuertosPosted: Jan 14, 2012 - 11:44
(0)

Paid Disinformation Blogger

Level: 14
CS Original
"Osama bin Laden" was a fan of American Idol.

At least that's what was suggested by copies of a typed, two-page letter -- purportedly from the al-Qaeda leader -- which started showing up at schools, law enforcement agencies, a medical facility, municipal agencies and private and religious entities in the spring of last year.

The letters demanded that America "neutralize" all its nuclear weapons and arrest unnamed individuals "responsible for unnecessary crimes of War, poverty, and suffering of families in the world" and bring them "to OHare Air Force Base for a live, unedited trial on TV, just like American Idol where people vote to determine results."

FBI officials knew the letters were a hoax from the beginning, but the threats were still a violation of the law. Ten months later, they say they've got their man.

Timothy O'Donnell, the 51-year-old man charged last week with sending the letters, apparently first came to attention of the authorities when they noticed the same IP address had visited websites affiliated with recipients of the mailings within a few days of when the letters were mailed.

According to an August affidavit in support of a search warrant obtained by TPM from the U.S. Attorney's office, O'Donnell was observed visiting the residence connected to the IP address, located on a quiet tree-lined suburban road in Park Ridge, Illinois. Law enforcement agents found an envelope similar to those sent to recipients of the letter in the trash outside his own residence.

At the point the affidavit was written in August, officials had allegedly already connected O'Donnell's fingerprint on the underside of a postage stamp affixed to an envelope containing one of the letters.

The letters referenced a "Secret Covenant" and "secretsofmardigras.com," according to the affidavit, which also said that at least 35 of the letters contained handwritten notes calling for the arrest of British financier Evelyn de Rothschild and American David Rockefeller.

A member of the Zeitgeist movement in Chicago told the FBI that O'Donnell attended meetings from June and Sept. 2010 and shouted out that the Rockefellers should be arrested. He was subsequently banned from meetings because his behavior was "extreme," according to the FBI source.

The Zeitgeist movement "works globally to spread information about a new social system called a Resource Based Economy," according to its website. A movie by the founder of the movement reportedly inspired Jared Lee Loughner, the man charged with shooting Rep. Gabby Giffords and killing several others last January.

The letters allegedly written by O'Donnell reflected some of the Zeitgeist movement's points of view, stating that the "supply of resources available on this earth for all families to live a peaceful and happy life." Officials with the Chicago Zeitgeist movement did not respond to TPM's requests for comment.

O'Donnell was released on a recognizance bond of $5,000.00 on Thursday.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/01/osama_bin_laden_letters_suspect_was_deemed_too_extreme_for_zeitgeist_movement.php
#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 14, 2012 - 12:27
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original
Crap like this makes me glad TZM now belongs in the dustbin of history.
#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JimJesusPosted: Jan 14, 2012 - 16:14
(0)

Bacon Pancakes! Making Bacon Pancakes, take some Bacon and I'll put it in a Pancake! Bacon Pancakes that's what it's gonna make...Bacon Pancaaaaaake!! ♪

Level: 3
"Let me be clear, we do not want to die. But our families no longer accept living in poverty when there is [hidden by graphic] supply of resources availavle on this earth for all families to live a peaceful and happy life."

This is Zeitard talk, there's no way around this. This guy was a total Zeitard, even talked like one. I'm sure we'll hear the typical line "Anyone who advocates violence is not TZM" no true Scotsman argument. Last I checked the chapter coordinators who advocated mass murder are still there organizing chapter events. I guess they aren't really TZM for just that brief moment where they wanted to kill people, then they rejoined. I dunno. Who really understands Zeitard logic anyways? It's all muddled with DMT and bong water.
#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
PathfinderPosted: Jan 14, 2012 - 16:44
(0)

This apple is your CT. Princess Luna represents logic.

Level: 1
CS Original
TZM members calling him extreme? While I agree...still...TZM...heh....
#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Jan 14, 2012 - 17:11
(3)

HAIL HYDRA

Level: 6
CS Original
Oh my god. The horse is dead and rotting, and this dude just went and attracted more attention to it just so it could get kicked some more.

Zeitgeist: the herpes of internet movements.
#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Jan 15, 2012 - 02:42
(1)

Level: 6
CS Original
Maybe he can use the Ron Paul defense. "I didn't write the letters and heck I didn't even read them"

Made me grin.
#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jan 15, 2012 - 13:40
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Level: 5
CS Original
Quote from Kaiser Falkner

Oh my god. The horse is dead and rotting, and this dude just went and attracted more attention to it just so it could get kicked some more.

Zeitgeist: the herpes of internet movements.

LOL
#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 15, 2012 - 14:31
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original
"I'm a member of the Zeitgeist Movement, and I'll make a comment. Laughner was not inspired by the Zeitgeist Movement, because the Zeitgeist Movement is a non-violent movement, which refuses violence of any kind. The movie often mentioned in the news reports about Loughner was Zeitgeist: The Movie, and when it was made by Peter Joseph there was no Zeitgeist Movement... it was a college project, nothing more. But there was a lot of online interest in it, by people who thought some aspects of what was proposed, mostly the money system explanation, called for some mass effort to create a world where we didn't have an insane symbolic 'permission to live' system in place that causes mass corruption and dysfunctional thought. But it is a basic of the resulting Movement that it cannot come from violence or coercion whatsoever. The human species has to choose it without being forced in any way.

It is freely admitted that events and human choice, en mass, might prevent our model of society, but certainly as the dysfunctional systems slowly disintegrate, and the ecology dies, alternatives to the violence oriented and insane 'isms' will be precious and considered.

That is all we ask. It is based upon the application of mostly already existing technology, not on fantasy, and the cultural obsession with a negative and insane definition of 'human nature' is it's largest block to overcome. We are not about changing things until the people of the world choose to change things, including those who are in power now. We are not racist, religious, or political, and frankly consider these problems to be irrelevant, created by the dynamics of the money and military system. Peter Joseph can command nobody, has no power of any kind. Nobody in the movement has power over anyone else.

I've been teaching the same concepts for 50 years, long before the Zeitgeist Movement came into existence, and I knew it would come into existence eventually. Others who taught these ideas are Jacque Fresco and R. Buckminster Fuller, and there are more. These are not new ideas, and frankly, they are the most rational and freedom oriented ideas I have ever found.

We invite anyone to look at our concepts and judge for themselves, but we do ask that they do not pre-judge us without doing their homework. For our ideas to come into existence, to become more than a fantasy, it will take all of us, all humanity, not any small portion. Does anyone really think that we went through millions of years of evolution just to 'stupid' ourselves to death?"

How cute, a zeitard trying to defend the non-movement with the tropes we're so familiar with. TZM is non-violent, do your homework, hints of 'if you disagree with us you just don't understand' and probably more that I'm not noticing.
#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JimJesusPosted: Jan 15, 2012 - 14:51
(0)

Bacon Pancakes! Making Bacon Pancakes, take some Bacon and I'll put it in a Pancake! Bacon Pancakes that's what it's gonna make...Bacon Pancaaaaaake!! ♪

Level: 3
Quote from Wolf Bird

"I'm a member of the Zeitgeist Movement, and I'll make a comment. Laughner was not inspired by the Zeitgeist Movement, because the Zeitgeist Movement is a non-violent movement, which refuses violence of any kind. The movie often mentioned in the news reports about Loughner was Zeitgeist: The Movie, and when it was made by Peter Joseph there was no Zeitgeist Movement... it was a college project, nothing more. But there was a lot of online interest in it, by people who thought some aspects of what was proposed, mostly the money system explanation, called for some mass effort to create a world where we didn't have an insane symbolic 'permission to live' system in place that causes mass corruption and dysfunctional thought. But it is a basic of the resulting Movement that it cannot come from violence or coercion whatsoever. The human species has to choose it without being forced in any way.

It is freely admitted that events and human choice, en mass, might prevent our model of society, but certainly as the dysfunctional systems slowly disintegrate, and the ecology dies, alternatives to the violence oriented and insane 'isms' will be precious and considered.

That is all we ask. It is based upon the application of mostly already existing technology, not on fantasy, and the cultural obsession with a negative and insane definition of 'human nature' is it's largest block to overcome. We are not about changing things until the people of the world choose to change things, including those who are in power now. We are not racist, religious, or political, and frankly consider these problems to be irrelevant, created by the dynamics of the money and military system. Peter Joseph can command nobody, has no power of any kind. Nobody in the movement has power over anyone else.

I've been teaching the same concepts for 50 years, long before the Zeitgeist Movement came into existence, and I knew it would come into existence eventually. Others who taught these ideas are Jacque Fresco and R. Buckminster Fuller, and there are more. These are not new ideas, and frankly, they are the most rational and freedom oriented ideas I have ever found.

We invite anyone to look at our concepts and judge for themselves, but we do ask that they do not pre-judge us without doing their homework. For our ideas to come into existence, to become more than a fantasy, it will take all of us, all humanity, not any small portion. Does anyone really think that we went through millions of years of evolution just to 'stupid' ourselves to death?"

How cute, a zeitard trying to defend the non-movement with the tropes we're so familiar with. TZM is non-violent, do your homework, hints of 'if you disagree with us you just don't understand' and probably more that I'm not noticing.

That was Roan Carratu, guy is a super nutjob.
#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
emcadaPosted: Jan 15, 2012 - 15:53
(0)

Level: 0
Quote from CyborgJesus

Maybe he can use the Ron Paul defense. "I didn't write the letters and heck I didn't even read them"

lmao.

i wonder why he thought this was a good idea. Did he ever stop to think that going under the name of the most wanted man in America was actually going to get people to listen to him, or not suspect he's a fraud?
#10 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jan 15, 2012 - 20:01
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Level: 5
CS Original
I think I may have talked to Timothy at some-point. From down the pipe line I am hearing that Timothy O'Donnell was never banned from TZM meetings and that when he spoked about his thoughts about NWO stuff he was actually supported by many admins/mods/members within TZM.

Of course TZM motto is bad publicity is good publicity. I guess the 13 wounded 6 people died in Arizona by Jared Lee Loughner rampage who was a member of TZM is just collateral damage to promote the TZM cause.

Gabby Giffords and Diane Sawyer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOZgta88L5A&t=2m42s

It amazes me that Gifford and her husband can forgive Loughner after what he did. This all just makes me more concerned for other individuals within TZM.
#11 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
MuertosPosted: Jan 16, 2012 - 00:56
(0)

Paid Disinformation Blogger

Level: 14
CS Original
Quote from JimJesus

That was Roan Carratu, guy is a super nutjob.

Roan Carratu is the nutbar who ranted at me in an impassioned plea that became one of my most infamous blog entries:
http://muertos.blog.com/2010/10/30/seeing-like-a-state-take-2-responding-to-the-zeitgeist-movements-latest-broadside/

Many of his words wound up being quoted in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jId-_EpCdio

He is definitely a nutjob.
#12 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]