Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Antony C. Sutton

Has any of you heard of him?

[ Add Tags ]

[ Return to General Conspiracy Stuff | Reply to Topic ]
JoePosted: Feb 01, 2012 - 12:06
(0)

Level: 8
CS Original
I am posting the Wikipedia entry on him. I just want to know your guys thoughts on him if you know about him.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antony_Sutton
#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JoePosted: Feb 01, 2012 - 19:31
(0)

CS Original
This Guy is starting to worry me. It looks like this might be lageniment. I went on J-Stor on my College Libariery's web site and found some book reviews of is first three books. They had good reviews. Does that mean that all his other books sould be taken as laginiment? Is he right about the Sovet Union be completly built by Western Corpreot intrests? What about all is other books?
#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
emcadaPosted: Feb 01, 2012 - 20:48
(0)

Level: 0
Quote from Joe

Is he right about the Sovet Union be completly built by Western Corpreot intrests?

I would say yes in the sense that Marxist theory which basically makes up the entire Communist system was against corporate interests. I could see how Hitler could have risen to power as a side effect of corporations from the '20s. I don't think there's any conspiracy theory going on here, unless his books are about how Rockefeller started the Bolshevik revolution and was the one that put Hitler in power, which would actually be extremely incorrect.
#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Feb 01, 2012 - 23:32
(0)

Level: 6
CS Original
Is he right about the Sovet Union be completly built by Western Corpreot intrests?

Yes and no. The SU was still in the state of a developmental nation, and those obviously depend on imported technologies to establish an industry capable of competing internationally, just as South Korea or Japan did when they moved from agricultural/mineral economies to high-tech industry. It's not a controversial point to make.
#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JoePosted: Feb 01, 2012 - 23:44
(0)

CS Original
What about his later books. Is it possiable for someone to do three good books and then go conpletly off the resivation? Just take a look at the wikipedia link and give me your thoughts.
#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
emcadaPosted: Feb 02, 2012 - 00:02
(0)

Level: 0
Skull & Bones isn't generally a conspiracy theory in the making. It's literally a highly exclusive frat at Yale (emphasis on the exclusivity). Members here usually get onto seats of government thought (i.e. GW Bush and his cabinet). Think of it as sort of like other frats where once you graduate you get benefits provided previous members are in a position to get you what you want or need such as a job. The only difference is that the jobs from here tend to be offices. So I don't think this guy started to go completely insane. I'm still skeptical of his Federal Reserve Conspiracy though. I can only imagine what it is that he's written on those pages atm.
#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JoePosted: Feb 02, 2012 - 00:27
(0)

CS Original
I have never read any of his books but this is what I was able the gather. He was a University Professer and was with the Hoover Institute. He did threse books cleaming that the Sovete Union never developed and technlogy on the own and that is all came from the the West; you could find book reviews of these book on JStore. He also cleams that the Bankers built started the Russian Revilulion and built up both Hitler and FDR. He also cleams that the head of the CIA told him that he had just destroied his career and then hw lost his job. He was shows like Jeff Rense's and he died in 2002.
#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JoePosted: Feb 02, 2012 - 10:07
(0)

CS Original
Basicly from what I am getting is the he belived that the the Cold War was totally fake and that the Sovet Union was a artifecale enemy built up with U.S. Technology.
#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JoePosted: Feb 02, 2012 - 12:48
(0)

CS Original
In a Interview he did with Jeff Rense he cleams the Skull and Bones is linked with the Illuminatti. Since I already know that the Illuminatti does not exsits; the all his later books a all CTer non-scince. Thanks for the help guys.
#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Von KleistPosted: Feb 07, 2012 - 05:38
(0)

Level: 1
CS Original
Antony Sutton's book on Hitler is out of date and extremely faulty to begin with. He relies heavily on the so-called autobiography 'I financed Hitler' by Fritz Thyssen, which any Historian worthy of the name wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole. I've run into plenty of CT-ers who cite Sutton, but few of them have ever read the book and none have the first clue about the authorship of the Thyssen memoir (It was written by someone else, on a different continent).
Henry Ashby Turner provided the best account of NSDAP funding in 1985, by doing stuff that historians are supposed to do, inspecting archives, correlating multiple sources, etc. Any 'alternative' view has to provide a rebuttal to Turner's thesis to be credible. Now, it's not Sutton's fault that he wrote 9 years before Turner, but it is certainly the fault of CT-ers who espouse his fantasy not to wonder if maybe in the 35 years since he concocted it some more research in the field may have been done.
#10 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JoePosted: Feb 07, 2012 - 17:13
(0)

CS Original
What is 'I financed Hitler' by Fritz Thyssen? I never heard of it.
#11 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Von KleistPosted: Feb 09, 2012 - 04:14
(0)

Level: 1
CS Original
Sorry, my mistake. The title is 'I paid Hitler'. It's supposedly an autobiography by German businessman Fritz Thyssen. However, it was written by American journalist Emery Reeves in 1941. Thyssen himself spent the war in captivity in Germany, and disavowed the memoir after.
#12 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]