Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - theories surrounding HAARP

[ Add Tags ]

[ Return to General Conspiracy Stuff | Reply to Topic ]
live and learnPosted: Jan 06, 2013 - 21:15
(0)

Level: 0
so on skeptoid.com I read the article titled "HAARP Myths", pretty good article. in the comments section there are a couple questions asked that I figured I should bring up on here.

comment 1: "Can somebody please shed some light on this EU parliament report that claims this 'HAARP' is indeed a weapon to alter the weather? - what would make the EU parliament believe this "conspiracy theory" as well-?
Go to the below web page and scroll down to "HAARP - a weapons system which disrupts the climate" (in bold)

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getDoc.do?type=REPORT&reference=A4-1999-0005&format=XML&language=EN "

comment 2: "if you go to the united nations website and type haarp into the search box
does anything come up?....and do they talk about it being able to cause earthquakes?
strange eh?"

for comment 2: there is an article on the UN website here, which briefly talks about HAARP: http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2007/gacol3160.doc.htm

here's the actual paragraph for that related to HAARP:
"ALEDIA CENTENO RODRIGUEZ, Frente Patriotico Arecibeño, said her organization had spoken last year on the United States strategy to authorize a nuclear weapons production facility in Puerto Rico, in violation of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons. She explained that Arecibo was home to the Arecibo National Astronomy and Ionospheric Centre (NAIC), which was used as an "ionospheric heater" [an array of antennae which are used for heating the uppermost part of the atmosphere]. Arecibo was also mentioned as a test-site for the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Programme (HAARP), in a patent filed by an individual in the United States, to conducted experiments related to ionospheric manipulation. HAARP could function as an anti-missile and anti-aircraft defence system, permit interception and disruption of communications, weather and submarine and subterranean communications, among other things. The HAARP patent papers also stated that the invention could "simulate and perform the same function as performed by the detonation of a heavy type nuclear device"."

thoughts on this? maybe I'm just misunderstanding the context of those specific areas for each report
#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Jan 07, 2013 - 20:57
(0)

Brainwashing you for money

Level: 15
CS Original

here's the actual paragraph for that related to HAARP:
"ALEDIA CENTENO RODRIGUEZ, Frente Patriotico Arecibeño, said her organization had spoken last year on the United States strategy to authorize a nuclear weapons production facility in Puerto Rico, in violation of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons. She explained that Arecibo was home to the Arecibo National Astronomy and Ionospheric Centre (NAIC), which was used as an "ionospheric heater" [an array of antennae which are used for heating the uppermost part of the atmosphere]. Arecibo was also mentioned as a test-site for the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Programme (HAARP), in a patent filed by an individual in the United States, to conducted experiments related to ionospheric manipulation. HAARP could function as an anti-missile and anti-aircraft defence system, permit interception and disruption of communications, weather and submarine and subterranean communications, among other things. The HAARP patent papers also stated that the invention could "simulate and perform the same function as performed by the detonation of a heavy type nuclear device"."

thoughts on this? maybe I'm just misunderstanding the context of those specific areas for each report

First off this woman can make any claims she wishes about Arecibo, just because it is said in a UN document does not make it real, people bring up all manner of things in international courts and tribunals all over the world and they require evidence. Her claims that people have seen lasers firing into the ground/or air are anecdotes, this is of no value.

Secondly the fact that someone has submitted a patent is of no concern either, for thousands of patents are submitted every month that are there in case something ever gets built based on an idea or principle. The patent owner can then claim damages or ownership if something is ever made. In fact more patents never become products or built because they are unfeasible and not realistic. The patent office has to take them even if they are stupid it seems too, just search for unmade or stupid patents online to see. This does not itself debunk the idea HAARP may be real, however it shows that a patent itself is not a strong case for its existence.

Thirdly claims of high cancer rates are again anecdotal, this could be for numerous reasons and correlation is certainly not causation. This claim would require a medical expert to conduct tests and then have the efficacy tested by others to prove the claim. Again how does this relate to HAARP or a proposed nuclear plant ? Making a claim like this to me requires a substantial amount of evidence, yet none is forthcoming from these people.

Also let us play devils advocate, if HAARP did exist and is being used there, it is obviously a secret testing facility, and secret does not automatically equate to evil or dangerous. It might be for valid national secret reasons it is secret and holds an advantage for some area of the military/political playground.

But since no one actually can prove it exists or what is being done with it, we have to avoid jumping to any conclusions and wait till we actually have evidence showing what is happening and if such a facility is there.

MOST importantly though, I would also recommend finding out who exactly ALEDIA CENTENO RODRIGUEZ is and what exactly she does, as they may turn out to be a fringe activist with beliefs in conspiracy theories, or patrons/clients who have those beliefs. Also we ought to know her history, as she may be very stupid and her credibility could be a fucking mess, so these things need verifying first before we can begin to consider what she claims.A quick search for her name turns these up:

http://www.change.org/users/1254296
http://en.wordpress.com/tag/aleida-centeno-rodriguez/
http://repeatingislands.com/2010/03/23/attorney-claims-puerto-rico-was-unlawfully-exposed-to-experiments/
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread684402/pg1

Also searching for this Frente Patriotico Arecibeño, which I think is her company of representation only turns up posts about that UN document by conspiracy theorists, so the tards are clearly all over this.
#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
live and learnPosted: Jan 07, 2013 - 21:38
(0)

Level: 0
the abovetopsecret link that you sent me (I'm not very fond of that website either) also led me to see this thread in the same site: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread683472/pg1

seriously...this is their "proof"? seems much more like conspiritards trying to connect imaginary dots...
#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Jan 07, 2013 - 23:38
(0)

Brainwashing you for money

Level: 15
CS Original
In the minds of these people nature doesn't cause disasters, only HAARP does.

Just how they imagine the world really worked before technology existed is baffling.

Do they believe there were no earthquakes,floods, storms or disasters that happened where people lived ?

To me it seems they are saying a natural disaster is a creation of mans technology, which seems extremely anthropomorphic of them.

I normally see them respond with, disasters like this don't happen in these places, therefore man made. Well how about mount vesuvius ? Hasn't happened there again either.

Or what about all these earthquakes pre technology where most of them are not common either, with hundreds of thousands of casualties.

1791 05 16 - Moodus, Connecticut
1787 05 02 - Puerto Rico - M 8.0
1783 11 30 - New Jersey - M 5.3
1783 02 04 - Calabria, Italy Fatalities 50,000
1780 02 06 - Northwest Florida
1755 11 18 - Cape Ann, Massachusetts
1755 11 01 - Lisbon, Portugal - M 8.7 Fatalities 70,000
1755 06 07 - Kashan, Iran Fatalities 40,000
1746 10 28 - Lima, Peru Fatalities 5,000
1744 06 14 - Southern Cape Ann, Massachusetts region
1730 07 08 - Valparaiso, Chile - M 8.7 Fatalities 5
1727 11 18 - Tabriz, Iran Fatalities 77,000