Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - TZM is destined to fail, here's how not to (Message to Peter on the new TZM forum)

(Someone linked me this on my blog)

[ Add Tags ]

[ Return to The Zeitgeist Movement | Reply to Topic ]
JimJesusPosted: Mar 25, 2013 - 08:25
(2)

Bacon Pancakes! Making Bacon Pancakes, take some Bacon and I'll put it in a Pancake! Bacon Pancakes that's what it's gonna make...Bacon Pancaaaaaake!! ♪

Level: 3
Someone linked me this on my blog while I was at work. Might as well leave a copy here before Merola deletes it. He hates being questioned.

http://thezeitgeistmovementforum.org/showthread.php?640-TZM-is-destined-to-fail-here-s-how-not-to-(please-read-Peter)&p=1757#post1757

TZM is destined to fail, here's how not to (please read Peter)
This is a lot of text (1000+ words) so skip down to "Solutions" if you don't want to read it all.

Before you go on about my negative energy or whatever, I want everyone to know I care about this movement, and once considered myself a member. I still treasure the ideals, but it's obvious that the message is not getting out, and the RBE is not gaining any ground. I wanted to express my thoughts, and see what people thought.

It really struck me that tzm was in decline when Kony 2012 hit. Kony 2012 in it's month of fame made 10x more of an impact than tzm has done in its 5 years of existence. This was the moment when I really gave up, because it was obvious what the problems were. From "reading out to the public" and mixing in with 911 conspiracy theories (it's in 2 of the films), to new-age mumbo jumbo and speeches, it's obvious that tzm is NOT being guided by science or evidence.

Why the hell is this group reaching out to the general public? Moreover, why the constant media hypes to only appeal to the already converted? You aren't winning over new people (despite whatever anecdotes may come up in your next 8-man meeting). The venues for the events are getting smaller and smaller. 299 seats this year for the main event? And not to mention all the other events with 10 times more seats than people. One "event" was just some German dude handing out dvd's and getting into arguments, and this made the global map. It really is desperation.

It's blatantly obvious this is going nowhere. For the efforts Peter Joseph puts into his "Culture in Decline" series, the returns are very poor. A few ten thousand views is not going to inspire anything. I know the production of all the media is an attempt to hit a key note that will spark the whole thing to life, but it's just not happening, and evidently with the style of the media it's never going to happen if you keep doing the same thing over and over again (Insanity as a certain someone defined it).

THE TROLLS have given up on tzm! They find it so dead that they are bored with it! The blogs that used to fuel hate have been shut down, and the owners have gone to do something else with their time. Is there any other slap in the face that will "wake you people up?"

Imagine for a moment a team of people planning to make a video game. A few guys have the programming skills, a couple have very good art and animation skills, and then there's Reginald, the "idea's guy". Reginald thinks of all the awesome ideas, and the other guys do all the work. He says "Make this happen" then goes to play DOTA all day while the other guys do all the work. The team is hard at work, and Reginald comes in saying "I think that there should be 10 classes, each with 40 skills, and there can be fire skills, ice skills, lightning skills, and to be different love and hate skills, and they can have fire and cold resistance too. And then the skills can be combined with each other using special runes you put in your armor, and then you can make a spell split or bounce, or multiply as it hits enemies. Ok you guys do that im going to play DOTA to be inspired bye". Be honest, would those guys really want to listen to Reginald? TZM and TVP are Reginald in this instance. You really are playing the role of "Idea's guy".

I didn't come here bearing only harsh critiques. Again, I want to reiterate that I care about this movement. I do have some more "things you can do" business.

SOLUTIONS

1. Abandon Routines
Zday and the Media Festivals are just bad ideas. I don't mean to put anyone down, especially the passionate organisers, but the turnouts are awful in most cases, and it really doesn't impact anything. (Definition of insanity)

2. Be real
Have the courage to admit things are going sour. TVP, when asked how things are going, always say "very well" and there's this awkward silence where the asker awaits all the triumphs to be elaborated on. Not much to say in the way of progress. You really have to bite the bullet, and admit how shltty the movement is doing. Once you admit this, you can fix it.

3. Cut out all the bullshit and bullshitters
While I recognise what a "figure" Douglass Malette seems to be, he's obviously not intelligent, nor honest. He has this 2 year old business plan that's nothing but plants on a wheel at this very moment. He flaunts his "experience with nasa" like that matters. Also, people who dig deeper would know that he worked as a contractor for a firm that once did some work for nasa. That's IT! He didn't do anything else for the space shuttle program. You are overselling this guy. I don't mean to pick on him specifically, but it seems the movement seems to be desperately grabbing onto anyone who can do public speaking. In regards to everything else, you need to know that the 911 conspiracy stuff is just bullshit, instead of saying "we don't affiliate with that" just say its bullshit, because it is.

4. Stop trying to convert the public, and bring your ideas into science
Converting the public doesn't prove anything, even if tzm was getting lots of people. The public are mostly scientifically illiterate. This is where TVP(which is supposed to be science based) and TZM fail. They try to convert weak minded folks from the public, rather than have scientists who would oppose the idea to really critique it. Forget the public. They are not smart. If this idea is ever to make any ground, it would be with the scientific community. Do you really think converting "the general public" will earn you any kind of respect? With all the stupid nonsensical organisations out there with lots of followers, this is an awful initial approach. And finally

5. Debate it
Do you really want attention? Do you really want to highlight the problems and create new talking points? Debates with adamant believers on either side draws crowds like nothing else. The Atheism movement has made SO much ground from open debates, where the ideas are really tested, and the best arguments are really exhausted, and a public who enjoys this kind of discourse can be encouraged to think either way if the arguments are solid. Peter Joseph, if you are reading this, your public talking is really top notch. You could really compile some solid arguments and bring many believers of the free market to their knees. If there is any way to have this movement gain momentum, it is through this means. It would likely also be cheaper to produce than your CID series, and its effect would be hugely wide reaching. Free marketeers would flood to the scene, and you have an audience of people who are not aware of the RBE.

If you don't take these points seriously, this movement is destined to dissapear. It's happening, and you deny it at your own peril. Please Peter, no more 1-sided videos. Find an opponent and crush his backward reasoning. A simple debate with Stephan Molexnue (however u spell it) would be a good starting point. A LIVE debate, 1-1.5 hours, where the two of you could converse with each other.

If there's another way to bring this vision to life, I haven't heard of it. Doing the same thing over and over will not work.

Other stuff:

While everything above is what I want to say, I actually want to throw some critiques in the face of the RBE itself, and why others might not take it seriously:

No model has actually been developed. until the "Design Institue" really does get SOMETHING there's not much going for the RBE.

Also some plain english Algorithms for the "Resource Management" program would be good. Algorithms can be abstract, just describe how exactly you measure wants, needs, resource depletion etc.

Do some of the work. Again don't be the "Idea's guy" like Reginald. There are so many books that could have been written in the time and with the expense it took to do these movies and whatever. I don't mean "envision a future" or "image the possibilites" kind of books, I mean books that detail the nitty gritty detail of algorithms for the systems, clear descriptions of required resources per city, or per 10000 people. Human behavious mechanics - How to make people not want in excess what they need, and what to do if they do want excess, or lay out clear proof that that kind of thing wouldn't be a problem. I mean you really need to know the human being super well, not just to support your stance on human nature, but to support the idea that you have any idea how to manipulate it.

Not even in Fresco's work are these things provided. just "Trust me, I have secret blueprints for my toys".
#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Mar 25, 2013 - 09:36
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Level: 5
CS Original
Well I've now seen this countless times within TZM. Where a member within TZM looks at opposing rational/logical information, started to crack from the information, then decided to yell at Peter the leader of TZM for not doing anything.

It gets tiresome from reading the same story each year from different people who basically waste a lot of time in something that they reap ZERO reward from it. Why does Jossos say that insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting something different? If this is true then why would he even continue to affiliate himself with TZM.

Although I agree with several of Jossos points emphasizing point 3, it's pointless in the long run. I also see point 5 on debating people useless because if any TZMers debated anybody who has a basic understanding of economics they will fall apart this includes the TZM guru Peter Joseph. I can already see the premise of every single debate any TZMer would have which is TZM RBEM is a attempt at a form of communism, TZM supportors says " it's not communism", knowledgeable person says, "yes it is". Reads the definition of what communism is.

Also I like the fact he admits a RBE is not based on any science, it has no working model. Matter in fact this is the reason I say TVP and TZM are a religion, and that these two separate groups are actually denominations believing in the same goal but ideology differs on how to get to there dynamic utopia.

"Not even in Fresco's work are these things provided. just "Trust me, I have secret blueprints for my toys"."

TVP claims to have blueprints but is keeping them from the public eye. These are the same people that raised $200,000 for there big budget movie and now there rarely is a mention about the movie or how much money they spent from the donations on the movie

Jossos do what you want but I believe your attempt is futile, just quietly leave TZM.
#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Mar 25, 2013 - 09:51
(1)

Brainwashing you for money

Level: 15
CS Original
Oh shit that guys going to get a fucking ban hammer.

I like this person they at least speak sense, and have reasonable requests for what should have been done from day one [5-6 years ago].

However, i feel this person still hasn't gone the full journey and realised that the reason they haven't done anything is because they are trying to build up a castle in the sky, due to them being completely unable to validate everything they say and believe with scientific evidence.
#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Mar 25, 2013 - 10:35
(0)

CS Original
@anticultist I agree with that, I think TZM is a group to mainly promote it's guru Peter Joseph and his conspiracy based films.This is mainly a plea to Peter though, and although Peter is the self-proclaimed guru and leader of TZM, he's also a college dropout, who mediocrely beats marimbas for a living.
#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JimJesusPosted: Mar 25, 2013 - 10:41
(0)

Bacon Pancakes! Making Bacon Pancakes, take some Bacon and I'll put it in a Pancake! Bacon Pancakes that's what it's gonna make...Bacon Pancaaaaaake!! ♪

Quote from The Burger KingI also see point 5 on debating people useless because if any TZMers debated anybody who has a basic understanding of economics they will fall apart this includes the TZM guru Peter Joseph. I can already see the premise of every single debate any TZMer would have which is TZM RBEM is a attempt at a form of communism, TZM supportors says " it's not communism", knowledgeable person says "yes it is. reads the definition of what communism is."

But here's the problem; if you don't agree you "don't understand." To them understanding is believing. I've been accused of this for what, 3 years now? When I ask "Just give me one specific point about RBE I don't understand" I get one of three reactions:
1. "READ THE FAQ" "WATCH THIS VIDEO"
2. change subject
3. call names, accuse me of being indoctrinated/brainwashed.

I have *never* got an answer to that question in 3 years. Not even a bad attempt.
#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Mar 25, 2013 - 10:53
(2)

CS Original
@Jimjesus READ THE BOOK!
#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Mar 25, 2013 - 12:15
(1)

CS Original
All that is happening is the guy who made the post is starting to see through the fantasy. If he maintains that direction of thinking, I predict that they will eventually leave TZM/TVP behind and move onto another group or to do something real with their time.

As Bill said, I have also seen this happen too many times, in fact I even went through the same process myself after getting involved with it and realising that it was nothing more than an online future fantasy cult.

You will never be able to debate with these people either as has also been said, because these people are incapable of accepting their future world is wrong in any way. Somehow these people believe they are able to predict what the rest of the Earth and it's occupants [present and future] require without any evidence. It's like arguing with any regular devout believer, you are not going to crack the fantasy until they have the tools to crack it open themselves.
#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JimJesusPosted: Mar 25, 2013 - 12:22
(0)

Quote from anticultist

All that is happening is the guy who made the post is starting to see through the fantasy. If he maintains that direction of thinking, I predict that they will eventually leave TZM/TVP behind and move onto another group or to do something real with their time.

As Bill said, I have also seen this happen too many times, in fact I even went through the same process myself after getting involved with it and realising that it was nothing more than an online future fantasy cult.

You will never be able to debate with these people either as has also been said, because these people are incapable of accepting their future world is wrong in any way. Somehow they are able to predict what the rest of the Earth requires without any evidence. It's like arguing with any regular devout believer, you are not going to crack the fantasy until they have the tools to crack it open themselves.

I keep thinking I can inspire some to at least give it some serious critical examination, but the ones who can already left and sent us thank you letters for getting them to leave. The ones that are left are the crazies and the ones with too much invested. I was just thinking what yousaid today when one of them tried to tell me to listen to "Bashar" who is an alien that is channeled by some fuck ass named Darryl Anka. When I tried to tell him channeling is a load of shit I got told to "wake up."

Shit is a religion where the messiah is still alive.
#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Mar 25, 2013 - 12:30
(0)

CS Original
It gets embarrassing at that point because you are trying to have an adult conversation and to actually help someone from making a mistake in their life, and to prevent wasting their own and everyone around thems time. Yet somehow, no matter how sincere your motivations are you just become another paid disinfo shill who wants to fuck up the planet.

It really is one of the most embarrassing situations there are, because basically it's just high level Dunning Kruger happening and they are absolutely incapable of knowing.
#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JimJesusPosted: Mar 25, 2013 - 12:42
(2)

I just disabled ratings and comments on all my directly related TZM/TVP videos and I'm blocking anyone who tries to ask me about it. I'm over it. I stopped debated creationists because of the same bullshit. They define what's legitimate science based on their own feelings and ideology, the refuse to examine their beliefs, they accuse people of falling into the same logical pitfalls they flaunt, they assume anything that doesn't agree is the work of a stealth agent working to destroy humanity, and any time you do make any progress you get the "You just don't understand" "Satan's got you" or "Wake up!"

RBE is their religion, TVP and TVP are their churches, and Fresco and Merola are the messiahs.

D-U-N done!
#10 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Mar 25, 2013 - 12:44
(2)

Level: 6
CS Original
Quote from anticultist: All that is happening is the guy who made the post is starting to see through the fantasy. If he maintains that direction of thinking, I predict that they will eventually leave TZM/TVP behind and move onto another group or to do something real with their time.

I'd second that.

TZM's memberbase was crooked from the start. Truthers, Science Evangelists, New-Age crazies...

I'm kind of happy the movement crumbled as quickly as it did. The ones who are interested in actual science can easily be reactivated in case anyone ever starts a group that wants to get some real work done. The rest will be forced to evaluate their own lives instead of chasing robot cities*.

*Who am I kidding, they're probably on Reddit or watching MLP. But still.
#11 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JimJesusPosted: Mar 25, 2013 - 13:16
(1)

Quote from CyborgJesus

*Who am I kidding, they're probably on Reddit or watching MLP. But still.

Doubt it. Ponies are still slaves to the monetary system.
#12 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Mar 25, 2013 - 13:23
(1)

CS Original
Quote from JimJesus

It's just transitional. Pinkie will make some cupcakes to explain it to you, like that Teddy Bear dude.
#13 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JimJesusPosted: Mar 25, 2013 - 13:29
(0)

Quote from CyborgJesus

Quote from JimJesus

It's just transitional. Pinkie will make some cupcakes to explain it to you, like that Teddy Bear dude.

Does she flip though Atlas Shrugged like a flip animation book?
#14 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Mar 25, 2013 - 13:46
(0)

CS Original
Fat guy who ate disgusting cookies and collected teddy bears took down his video! That was funny stuff. I have a copy of the video though as it was just that great.
#15 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Mar 25, 2013 - 17:42
(0)

CS Original
Looks like he has just requested membership to discuss TZM with you all.

I have no interest in debating or being preached at about the TVP/TZM at all, so if he is looking to find out what I think about TZM/TVP I can explain it in two words.

"Bull shit"

If he is looking to chat about why he said what he did in a reasonable none proselytising manner I might have more to talk about.
#16 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Mar 25, 2013 - 17:59
(0)

CS Original
Eh, why not. The opening post was surprisingly lucid by TZM standards; he might have something interesting to say.

Also, Frank Lee is utterly incomprehensible. Talk about using $10 words for 50ct concepts.
#17 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Mar 25, 2013 - 18:12
(0)

CS Original
Yeah that Frank Lee dude pretty much agreed there were issues, but went on to argue via the 2 metre stick anecdote why education was more important than doing anything for the movement. I feel sorry for TZM members when they have to drudge through such superfluous nonsense to talk to someone.

I will say yes to Jossos but if he starts using any of the above noted techniques that TZM fan boys use to defend their beliefs or starts soap boxing, then I will likely bust a vein in my head.
#18 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Mar 25, 2013 - 18:42
(0)

CS Original
At some point it stops being lazy and pretentious and starts being disrespectful to the reader. He takes an entire paragraph to say three fairly mundane things (OP makes some points; OP thinks action > promo; I don't agree) and follows it up with a crude metaphor for leverage.

What ever happened to "take away words that don't diminish the meaning until you can't"? We learned that shit in middle school.
#19 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
ClockPosted: Mar 25, 2013 - 21:11
(0)

:')

Jeez, can we just leave Zeitgeist alone? I mean how many times has this thing been debunked, re-debunked and talked about? I'm pretty sure that when they renamed the website to Skeptic Project, they should have called it The Zeitgeist Project.

Jim, you post is right there is well written, and I agree with most of the points, but that this point, mentioning Zeitgeist again and again is like rehash. I mean, look at the conspiracy forum. In the subforum for Zeitgeist, there are 669 threads about it.

I mean, what's more to be said? Many followers have jumped ship, debunkers on this site like muertos and Evil Elvis called it a dead or quiet movement. I think we're all just beating a dead rat, that's been dead for a long long time.
#20 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Mar 25, 2013 - 22:52
(0)

CS Original
@Jossos if you want to discuss problems, I will be more than happy to listen to you on here or on my mumble server. I may be able to get some of my Sunday group therapy counseling members to hop in as well. I will make an effort to hangout on mumble a bit more. Just keep in mind I have ZERO interest to change your mind on TZM.

mumble server join information
http://other.skepticproject.com/forum/5496/free-online-group-therapy-counselling/#0

If you want to schedule a time to meet on mumble or to chat e-mail me.
cs2012ct at ymail dot com

@Clock I do not mind someone finding something relevant to talk about when it comes to TZM or anything else. I don't mind talking about TZM but it is the same old, same old, there pretty much and at times can be redundant. At that I find talking about chemtrails which is what metabunks was founded upon to be tiresome and a bit more absurd to even contemplate giving any rational thought on as well. 13,026 post on chemtrails on the metabunks category in a span of of a few years. I mean how much could a group talk about lines being made by planes across the sky?

I'm not downing chemtrail talk once so ever however I am saying that everybody is different. I or you may not find relevance in particular topics but others do and I welcome them to post it up. I'm not perfect sometimes I just don't get it and simply say it in a thread but that doesn't mean a individual should stop posting there problems with the Illuminati and rap music or whatever it is, as someone else may pickup the slack and add rational thought and a possible debunk to the conversation.

Keep in mind as well that some members within SP use to be in, work with, or subjected to TZM dogma, and they may find more relevance in TVP and TZM topics then others. They joined SP because of the debunking articles on the SP site and at that SP was and still is the only good debunking of TZM movies. Not that it's anything great but skeptoid mentioned SP in one of his shows which was about Zeitgeist and the majority of the work he referenced was either off SP directly or off Edward L. Winstons articles on TZM. There seems to be a theme where someone asks "omg where is a debunk on TZM" then someone links the skepticproject.com site, that theme is still going around the internet even today.

I hate to say it but SP is some-type of authority when it comes to TVP, TZM or anything affiliated with it. TZM is not the main topic we talk about or what the majority of SP members talk about (check SP facebook, we talk more about Alex Jones than anything else).

If you want to talk about chemtrails or something then please go ahead and do so as well. For me within TVP and TZM or anything affiliated with it I observe mostly money issues such as donations and at one point I was working on a rbe criteria list. These groups are not the only groups I observe and talk about as I have observed/talked about groups such as Scientology, Amway, David Ike, etc...

About Muertos, Someone e-mailed me some stuff on him, and as I do not want to get into details out of respect for Muertos and because frankly it's none of my business, the reason he left the debunking community is to focus more on his personal life. He would still be debunking today if it wasn't for wanting to focus on other things that are more important to him in his real life rather than his virtual life.

References:

Zeitgeist: The Movie, Myths, and Motivations
http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4196

Former Alex Jones Fan's Collection of Alex Jones Stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7uFaZnB1Do

Some website talking about SP and zeitgeist debunk
http://www.rationalskepticism.org/conspiracy-theories/the-arrivals-wake-up-project-t26647.html#p1051363
#21 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JimJesusPosted: Mar 25, 2013 - 23:25
(1)

TZM is different than other conspiracy cliques. They usually just regurgitate the same talking points ad-nausium. People like Alex Jones, David Icke, ...etc. are always pumping out new bullshit for us to debunk and that's why we do focus on it more.

When Zeitgeist does come up here anymore it's about what crazy things they say as a result (killing old people, pets, and the mentally handicapped on more efficient resource allocation grounds,) the connection with Burzinski "clinic" movie, or watching Z-Day get smaller and smaller and watching them think of new mental gymnastics feats to try and convince themselves it's getting bigger. I think if RBE were a real viable solution (and it's really not) the kid nailed exactly why we're even further away from an RBE than 5 years ago but hasn't really thought about the leader's true motives in continuing these "movements." Merola will end up banning this kid because he's a total megalomaniac and has no time or patience for anyone disagreeing with him. Which is why he started a debate with cult leader Stephan Molynuex and then had a then sick VTV ultimately do his dirty work for him.

The whole TZM thing is just a way to get some cash so he doesn't have to keep working at an ad agency anymore and just make shitty internet videos to promote more donations. And it feeds his ego to have people listen to him give lectures and be interviewed on the KremlinPropaganda, err I mean RussiaToday Network.
#22 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Mar 26, 2013 - 04:18
(0)

CS Original
Quote from Clock

Jeez, can we just leave Zeitgeist alone? I mean how many times has this thing been debunked, re-debunked and talked about? I'm pretty sure that when they renamed the website to Skeptic Project, they should have called it The Zeitgeist Project.

Jim, you post is right there is well written, and I agree with most of the points, but that this point, mentioning Zeitgeist again and again is like rehash. I mean, look at the conspiracy forum. In the subforum for Zeitgeist, there are 669 threads about it.

I mean, what's more to be said? Many followers have jumped ship, debunkers on this site like muertos and Evil Elvis called it a dead or quiet movement. I think we're all just beating a dead rat, that's been dead for a long long time.

Listen you're new here so I will give you some slack, but let me explain something to you.

Shit doesn't go away just because you think you have talked about it enough.
#23 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Mar 26, 2013 - 06:16
(0)

CS Original
Gah, now they're posting Sheldrake's dreadful TED talk. As if that organization hadn't accumulated enough bad PR already.
#24 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Mar 26, 2013 - 06:26
(1)

CS Original
Not to get off topic but Just talked with Jossos on my mumble server. Seems to be pretty reasonable person.
#25 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JimJesusPosted: Mar 26, 2013 - 08:22
(0)

Quote from CyborgJesus

Gah, now they're posting Sheldrake's dreadful TED talk. As if that organization hadn't accumulated enough bad PR already.

For the record: Sheldrake has never done a TED talk. Neither has Fresco or Merola. TEDx talks are not TED talks. Anyone can do a TEDx talk and I do mean *anyone.*
#26 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Mar 26, 2013 - 08:59
(0)

CS Original
Officially the x in TEDx stands for an independently organised event.

such as this : http://media.tumblr.com/5d14f0cb33ed603a6cc49cf4c77543d8/tumblr_inline_mk8ewduC8d1qz4rgp.jpg

As compared to actual TED events:

http://www.conferencebasics.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/free-stage-ted.jpg

The fact they are advertising the Sheldrake talk as a 'banned TED talk' speaks volumes about the legitimacy of TEDx events and its follower type.

Quote from The Burger King

Not to get off topic but Just talked with Jossos on my mumble server. Seems to be pretty reasonable person.

Cool. Glad to hear that.

Quote from The Burger King

13,026 post on chemtrails on the metabunks category in a span of of a few years. I mean how much could a group talk about lines being made by planes across the sky?

Exactly my point that no matter how much evidence or discussion points made about conspiracy theories, and no matter how much you have proven them false, conspiracy theorists always pop up with the same redundant 'questions' and claims. So shit will not disappear no matter how much is said about it. Skeptics always have to restate and rehash things ad infinitum to believers who can't be bothered to look at the science and facts.

You can debunk that chemtrail shit with a single word. Contrail, there the conversation should be over. We all know it's not that simple and it will keep resurfacing like a bad dose of herpes.
#27 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Mar 26, 2013 - 09:24
(0)

CS Original
Quote from JimJesus

For the record: Sheldrake has never done a TED talk. Neither has Fresco or Merola. TEDx talks are not TED talks. Anyone can do a TEDx talk and I do mean *anyone.*

They're accessing the same brand, though. TED needs to take a stand and enforce the guidelines they set for their TEDx events. There was a pretty decent post on Reddit (ironically) about the whole fiasco.
#28 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JimJesusPosted: Mar 26, 2013 - 22:40
(0)

....aaaaaaaaaaaaand gone.

HOW DARE YOU QUESTION MY LEADERSHIP!?

#29 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Mar 26, 2013 - 23:22
(0)

CS Original
I archived Jossos now deleted post on TZM's forum.

page 1
http://tinyurl.com/d5wxmfx

page 2
http://tinyurl.com/culy8sj
#30 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]