Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - TVP'ers Getting Excited because Russell Brand knows about "Paradise or Oblivion".

Tags: null, Russel Brand, Russel Brand is now god, TVP <3 Russel Brand, Russel Brand situation, Russel Brand is the future Jesse Ventura, Alex Jones, David Icke, Crank Magentism [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to The Zeitgeist Movement | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Nov 08, 2013 - 15:00
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Level: 5
CS Original
Question: Who is Russell Brand?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Brand
Answer: Russell Edward Brand[4] (born 4 June 1975) is an English comedian, actor, radio host, and author.

TVP logic: A comedian watched "Paradise or Oblivion" therefore TVP becomes more legitimate and is based on science.

TVP higher up Joe Parks posted this on TVP.

It's official! Russell Brand knows about Paradise or Oblivion. Check out Bryce Blake's re-tweeted message on Russell Brand's twitter account!

Disclaimer: I recently talked with Joe Park over TS3 and I thought I would add a disclaimer in this topic based on the concerns of this individual who is a official representative of TVP. Joe did not tell me to do this, he mentioned this topic as a example as to why he doesn't take SP.com seriously. So first off this topic is to the best of my knowledge accurate to the years of my experience in dealing with TVP and TZM. I stand by this topic and any others I have written on SP.com however will correct topics that are inaccurate or wrong to the best of my ability.

Joe disagreed with this topic in one sentence I had wrote that it would suggest because TVP wants Russel Brand to agree and join up with TVP to make TVP more legit; Joe states that does not mean it makes TVP look more legitimate or based on science however he suggest that TVP wants Russel Brand because it would give TVP more publicity.

I would like to note Joe Park frustration towards this topic and other topics on SP.com. Being that he is a official representation of TVP he feels this topic and other topics do not accurately represent TVP. He has told me that if I write things pertaining to TVP that I contact him first to get accurate information on things pertaining to TVP. Although I agree with Joe Park on this I do not feel that this will be possible for every topic on SP.com written about TVP or each SP.com members to contact Joe and or TVP when there is a topic written about TVP. In general I do not feel it's possible nor realistic to contact Alex Jones, David Ike, or TVP, when we write a topic involving those people and or groups. However in general if I feel it's needed to contact these groups and or people to get either a perspective or better understanding on a particular topic then I will do so through e-mail only though ( in the case of TVP I will ask a TVP representative on on TVP.com to get in contact with Joe through e-mail).

At that I don't expect anybody else on SP.com to abide by this disclaimer. I thought I'd add this disclaimer because Joe was concerned about topics pertaining to TVP on SP.com. I do not think it's realistic that the atmosphere should change on SP.com but after what I would define that Joe put up a passionate discussion I thought it would be a good idea to acknowledge Joe's side as well as he is the official representative of TVP and he would be talking behalf of TVP as well even if i do not agree with everything he said. I think I made this disclaimer on good faith to suggest that SP.com members are individuals who are more than willing to listen to others.

If anybody has a problem with what someone writes on SP.com please contact me or someone else on SP.com and we will figure something out.

I hope this disclaimer is good enough for Joe/TVP. I do not believe I have posted anything personal in nature between the conversation between me and Joe (though I could be wrong) and have made a effort to keep it broad but still managing to get the overview of the conversation said between me and Joe. If Joe or a official representative from TVP disagree's with the disclaimer or wants me to consider revising it please contact me through e-mail at cs2012ct at ymail dot com

On TVP facebook

Thanks to Russell Brand for re-tweeting about Paradise or Oblivion.
We hope to hear his reaction about our documentary. In the meantime, feel free to respond to his twitter post. Let's keep the momentum going!

As always, thank you for your support.

Comments on FB about Russell Brand

https://www.facebook.com/TheVenusProjectGlobal/posts/618066188257036

FB commenter: Hopefully this will get us more exposure through all media

The Venus Project - Global: yes!=)

FB commenter: Emily, I told you this is what Brand was chatting about!

FB commenter: Russell Brand is behind this? That's a huge deal

The Venus Project - Global: yes JT, it is a huge deal, very wonderful!

FB commenter: He is a sexy bitch glad he re tweeted. some people said they were inspired by the film. Good to hear

FB commenter: it would be a great response from the TVP community to retweet. That is for whomever has a twitter account.

FB commenter: The Venus Project - Global You should also consider talking with Oliver Stone.

The Venus Project - Global: we would love to!

Joe Parks: It's great that Russell knows about Paradise or Oblivion, but we've yet to see how he responds to it. Hopefully it will be favorable.

FB commenter: Positivity attracts positivity.

FB commenter: He's a good man, doing good work.

FB commenter: Finally. Following his recent outbursts, I've posted several times that Russell Brand needs to discover TVP. Hopefully it will have the same eureka effect on him that it had on me.

FB commenter: finally some momentum

FB commenter: That is awesome news

FB commenter: Awesome... He's a good human!

FB commenter: Excellent idea to capitalize on the current coverage of Russell Brand - hope your idea gets out to the masses.

FB commenter: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/11/05/huffruss-russell-brand-in-conversation-with-mehdi-hasan_n_4221633.html

FB commenter: its nice to see that you guys made a connection

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

More on TVP facebook about Russell Brand aka TVP spam attack

The Venus Project - Global post on FB:

Hey everyone, in light of Russell Brand's viral BBC interview we've been getting alot of suggestions to try and contact him to discuss TVP and RBE. Here's how you can help. Please go to his facebook page found here:
https://www.facebook.com/RussellBrand
and post the following message:

"A world without politics, poverty and war can be achieved by the intelligent use and distribution of resources as well as using technology and science to benefit all the worlds inhabitants equally. In fact Jacque Fresco (often referred to as the modern day Leonardo da Vinci) has been working on a realistic and viable plan to make this a reality through what he calls a resource based economy (RBE).
Please take the time to view this short documentary which briefly explains how an RBE would work, and what implications it would have.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KphWsnhZ4Ag&feature=c4-overview&list=UUPNMR_iABvyFmc3G9i1r3Lw
The Venus Project's website can be found here:
http://www.thevenusproject.com/about/aims-and-proposals"

Please keep in mind to effectively communicate the aims and proposals of TVP it is important to refer Russell to official TVP sources to be properly educated, unless you have a very thorough education in The Venus Project, giving the wrong impression of what TVP is could be more detrimental than helpful.

Comments on FB about Russell Brand

TVP FB commenter: He is already aware of it, he just isn't going to mention it yet because that will cause it to get ridiculed, and people will think he has gone mad. He is going about it intelligently by the looks of it.

TVP FB commenter: he already mentioned it kieran=)

TVP FB commenter: he would be the best ambassador for tvp

TVP FB commenter: I like to believe that none of us really want to fight against one another, to battle and compete against one another, to strive toward seeking and getting and taking from one another for our own survival, living, development and unfolding. I believe, within ourselves, we are all holding Infinite Love, Light, Peace, Brotherhood, Highness and Unity. It is just the external circumstances that are being imposed upon ourselves presently, from how we are letting and accepting the world to be right now, the constant external pressures, the scarcity, the obligations being forced upon us all that make us fight, battle, compete, bite, kick, hit, outrun, put down and exploit one another, but not really Who and How We Really Are within, not really this being our intrinsic Human Nature, but rather, only having these behaviours coming from the present external conditions and different constant and continous pressures imposed upon ourselves. I believe we all deeply desire for ourselves and for all True Peace, Brotherhood, Family, Self-Development, Unity, Sharing & Generosity, Meaningful and Authentic Relationships, Freedom & Highness, Equality & Justice, Community, Artistic and Creative Expression and our own Self-Realization. It is however only because we are obligated to pay for our own presence and existence here on earth, with everything having a price tag because we presently are accepting the individual privatization of Our resources, which belong to all Equally, without exception, as well as accepting a culture that mostly only promotes individual, egoist and selfish gains, the promotion of one single individual over all others as being what Success is, as well as supporting a culture that simply promotes and encourages global competition and opposition of us against one another, where for one to win another has to lose, with activities such as professional sports in which most of them violence is accepted, promoted and especially encouraged. I believe we would all like to live as a great big Family in a Free and Peaceful and Loving and Sharing Community, it is just that we are presently accepting our own division, our own separation from one another and even from Ourselves, our own battling and fighting against our own Race, against our own Brothers and Sisters, against our own Family, not as much because we really love this, not because it is really our Nature, but rather because, it seems sometime, that the whole present way the world subjectively is constructed - as it could very well be another way if we would simply choose it to make it so, as the world and our way of living and being are nothing else but what we ourselves make it to be, or accept it to be, and nothing else, only the outer expression and product of the whole of the People, done so Consciously or as presently unconsciously - is meant at making us have to fight and battle and compete for our own survival and living, fight and battle and competition exerced against one another, barely making it enough for us to live, unless we start hitting, kicking, screaming, fighting and battling harder, or the hardest. I feel deep down within myself that living and being here, one with another, isn't meant to be a fight, a battle, a race nor a competition, but rather a big and whole global expression of Unity, of Family, of Connection, of Peace, of Love, of Sharing, of Self-Realization, but sometimes, it feels as if we, and the whole Human Race, the whole Planet Earth, have been hijacked, as if something was draining us from our own Life, our Life Force, of all of our Energy, like a life-vampire, like a leech, like a parasite, sucking the very last little bit of life and energy from us they can get from us all, taking everything they can get from us, and we ourselves, out of unconsciousness of Who We Truly Are, our unawareness of our Intrinsic Infinite Highness, of our Wholesomeness, from our own Absence of Ourselves, we have been accepting this way of being and of living with one another, here on Earth, on this beautiful blue planet lost in this infinite dark sea of nothingness, only seeking to fight and battle harder and harder against one another to survive, to live and to improve, simply because of being in a particular system subjectively designed that pressures us and obliges us to do so at the detriment of our Unity, Peace, Love, Harmony and Connection between us all, a system we have never really questioned much so far but simply unconsciously accepted simply because it is the way it is presently, when if we would just come back to Ourselves, we would connect back with the Truth of our Being, with our Universality and Connection with one another, and then we could start looking to find to build a way of Being and of Living with one another, a world for Ourselves and for All, where we don't have to bite, to hit, and to kick to survive and to live, a place where True Equality, Justice, Freedom and Sharing are the foundations of our living with one another, in Peace, Harmony, Highness, Love and Light, having our True Selves being the centre of this New World, being both the Artist as well as the Protector of our New Way of Living and Being with one another. Peace, Love & Highness Book project "Being & Freedom ‐ The Life of Being" ‐ A Book about becoming back Truly Ourselves, in all of our Might, Light, Highness, Love & Freedom, Free to All, all are Welcome ~Love & Light :)

TVP FB commenter: He's definitely aware now
https://twitter.com/rustyrockets/statuses/398764540839886848?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

TVP FB commenter: That takes a while. Sounds like he's got the right sociology attitude but without the human behavior education it's a pipe dream

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Nov 08, 2013 - 17:25
(0)

Brainwashing you for money

Level: 15
CS Original
Russel Brand recently made waves in UK news because he had an outburst on news programs, and in an interview he pretty much lost his temper and started calling out the elite and the government. It was a bunch of rhetorical cliches and angry drivel, and to be quite honest nothing particularly original or intellectual.

When asked what he wanted to do about the problems he was discussing he avoided the answer and said he had no idea, however not voting and revolution were definitely the answer. It split the UK public, some liked his outburst, others thought he was a total cock who had nothing valid or relevant to say. It's not the first time he has been in the hot seat, prior to this him and his comedian friend were fired from the BBC radio for pranking a personality telling him they had fucked his grand daughter. This guy is somewhat a clown, ex smack head, ex sex addict, and general anti establishment cock end. His solutions are pretty much meditation and eastern medicine etc.

Although granted he can be rather funny at times, when he is not being a narcissistic prick.

Russel Brand interview newsnight BBC tv:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YR4CseY9pk

Russel Brand sacked for being an arsehole:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/3272149/Russell-Brand-and-Jonathan-Ross-face-calls-to-be-sacked-over-Andrew-Sachs-messages.html

Russel Brand calling for revolution:

http://thebackbencher.co.uk/the-irony-and-stupidity-of-russell-brands-revolution/

UK sarcasm about his rant at its finest:

http://deansbomb.tumblr.com/post/65331954937/open-letter-to-russell-brand
#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Nov 08, 2013 - 22:01
(0)

CS Original
Basically he's not a good representative for TVP lol
#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Nov 09, 2013 - 05:45
(0)

CS Original
TVP/TZM will take anyone.
#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Nov 09, 2013 - 07:03
(0)

CS Original
Quote from anticultist

TVP/TZM will take anyone.

True for a time they did have VTV as there spokesperson, then again it's kind of fitting because VTV being TVP and TZM's spokesperson is an accurate representation of what these groups attract.
#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Nov 12, 2013 - 08:02
(0)

CS Original
I added a disclaimer to this topic. Enjoy

Disclaimer:

Disclaimer: I recently talked with Joe Park over TS3 and I thought I would add a disclaimer in this topic based on the concerns of this individual who is a official representative of TVP. Joe did not tell me to do this, he mentioned this topic as a example as to why he doesn't take SP.com seriously. So first off this topic is to the best of my knowledge accurate to the years of my experience in dealing with TVP and TZM. I stand by this topic and any others I have written on SP.com however will correct topics that are inaccurate or wrong to the best of my ability.

Joe disagreed with this topic in one sentence I had wrote that it would suggest because TVP wants Russel Brand to agree and join up with TVP to make TVP more legit; Joe states that does not mean it makes TVP look more legitimate or based on science however he suggest that TVP wants Russel Brand because it would give TVP more publicity.

I would like to note Joe Park frustration towards this topic and other topics on SP.com. Being that he is a official representation of TVP he feels this topic and other topics do not accurately represent TVP. He has told me that if I write things pertaining to TVP that I contact him first to get accurate information on things pertaining to TVP. Although I agree with Joe Park on this I do not feel that this will be possible for every topic on SP.com written about TVP or each SP.com members to contact Joe and or TVP when there is a topic written about TVP. In general I do not feel it's possible nor realistic to contact Alex Jones, David Ike, or TVP, when we write a topic involving those people and or groups. However in general if I feel it's needed to contact these groups and or people to get either a perspective or better understanding on a particular topic then I will do so through e-mail only though ( in the case of TVP I will ask a TVP representative on on TVP.com to get in contact with Joe through e-mail).

At that I don't expect anybody else on SP.com to abide by this disclaimer. I thought I'd add this disclaimer because Joe was concerned about topics pertaining to TVP on SP.com. I do not think it's realistic that the atmosphere should change on SP.com but after what I would define that Joe put up a passionate discussion I thought it would be a good idea to acknowledge Joe's side as well as he is the official representative of TVP and he would be talking behalf of TVP as well even if i do not agree with everything he said. I think I made this disclaimer on good faith to suggest that SP.com members are individuals who are more than willing to listen to others.

If anybody has a problem with what someone writes on SP.com please contact me or someone else on SP.com and we will figure something out.

I hope this disclaimer is good enough for Joe/TVP. I do not believe I have posted anything personal in nature between the conversation between me and Joe (though I could be wrong) and have made a effort to keep it broad but still managing to get the overview of the conversation spoken said between me and Joe. If Joe or a official representative from TVP disagree's with the disclaimer or wants me to consider revising it please contact me through e-mail at cs2012ct at ymail dot com
#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Nov 12, 2013 - 08:20
(0)

CS Original
So another TVP klingon who wants to be near Fresco and Meadows is butthurt because of something that was written on an internet forum ?

I won't be giving this guy any time of day to check whether my opinion of TVP is in accordance with his views. The problem with TVP is not only that they want everyone to believe their claims without any solid evidence, but when their interactions with infamous public figures could be a total clusterfuck for their public image they refuse to accept that this is the likely outcome of their participation. Plus piggy backing their company off the back of a pubic figure does nothing to validate their claims, it only brings in more funding and notoriety.

To me that is all TVP have ever been concerned about, funding and notoriety, they have not once shown any validity to their claims either physically or scientifically. All they do is make more models and more tv programs saying the exact anecdotal cliches Fresco has been saying for the last 35 years. So the notion of me having an opinion on them veto'd by a rep of theirs is simply not happening.

I have no opinion of this Joe guy though, never heard of him or met him.
#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Nov 12, 2013 - 09:16
(0)

CS Original
'I won't be giving this guy any time of day to check whether my opinion of TVP is in accordance with his views."

@anticultist I totally agree.

There is a bit more to the story I can't on here but if you or anybody cares I'll add to it in IRC (I'm still in the SP.cpm IRC).

http://widget00.mibbit.com/?server=irc.slacknet.org&nick=CS%3F%3F%3F&channel=%23conspiracies&settings=c76462e5055bace06e32d325963b39f2

Not that I will defend any statement on SP.cpm (Too time consuming) when I say, "TVP logic: A comedian watched "Paradise or Oblivion" therefore TVP becomes more legitimate and is based on science.", I say this in one way for me its satire. I personally do not believe that because a famous person lets say Jenny McCarthy endorses antivaccines that in fact makes antivaccers and their cause more legitimate. However I do think that antivaccers do see this and at that I do think TVpers within TVP believe this as well. At that we often see celebrities endorsing a product within society and because a celebrity endorses a particular product on TV therefore people think that product is good.

That's why I put that comment down. When I see such comments like that I suspect TVP is attempting to look more legitimate by getting a celebrity on board with them by endorsing there product. So I stand by that particular statement and can back it up as well.

Good example's
TVP FB commenter: he would be the best ambassador for tvp

TVP FB commenter: he already mentioned it kieran=)

FB commenter: Excellent idea to capitalize on the current coverage of Russell Brand - hope your idea gets out to the masses.

Joe Parks: It's great that Russell knows about Paradise or Oblivion, but we've yet to see how he responds to it. Hopefully it will be favorable.

FB commenter: Russell Brand is behind this? That's a huge deal

FB commenter: Hopefully this will get us more exposure through all media

References of celebrates endorsing products.

Anti-Vaccine Evangelist Jenny McCarthy Is the New Elisabeth Hasselbeck
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/07/jenny-mccarthy-joins-the-view-elisabeth-hasselbeck.html

Nike Hair Air Michael Jordan Commercial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U34A7tO7eA

Slim Jim Light Bulb Commercial (Macho Man Randy Savage) (1996)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxp_3000h_U

By MICHELLE CASTILLO / CBS NEWS/ October 7, 2013, 12:24 PM
Kids may be highly influenced by athletes' endorsement of unhealthy foods
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57606317/

How Much Is a Celebrity Endorsement Really Worth?
http://www.bloomberg.com/video/how-much-is-a-celebrity-endorsement-really-worth-9_zEi7L6QOqSX_lAklpzBg.html

Celebrity-endorsed headphones: Some good, some bad
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57360439-1/celebrity-endorsed-headphones-some-good-some-bad/
#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
ClockPosted: Nov 12, 2013 - 09:40
(0)

:')

Russel Brand bassically pulled off an Alex Jones on Piers Morgan, without being entertaining.

I just find it ironic that Brand is complaining about the economic inequality (less rich than poor) when he is an incredibly successful actor and comedian making tons of money every year. And of course conspiracy theorists lap it up.
#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Nov 12, 2013 - 10:15
(0)

CS Original
Quote from Clock

Russel Brand bassically pulled off an Alex Jones on Piers Morgan, without being entertaining.

I just find it ironic that Brand is complaining about the so economic equality (less rich than poor) when he is an incredibly successful actor and comedian making tons of money every year. And of course conspiracy theorists lap it up.

Exactly, the Alex jones comparison is spot on.

It's interesting that TVP or it's current PR lackie would even consider the attachment to such a controversial figure to be in their best interests. I mean just a small amount of research into the background and public persona of Brand would probably be enough for any seriously academic group to casually put a huge distance between themselves.

To me it shows TVP to be less interested in academic and scientific authenticity, and more worried about someone showcasing the goods they have for sale.
#10 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JimJesusPosted: Nov 15, 2013 - 21:55
(0)

Bacon Pancakes! Making Bacon Pancakes, take some Bacon and I'll put it in a Pancake! Bacon Pancakes that's what it's gonna make...Bacon Pancaaaaaake!! ♪

Level: 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1EyN9xTK94

^^ Farley sums up why TVP/TZM won't be able to hold on to him. Just like they couldn't get the guy from Incubus or Michelle Rodriguez. They get a slight endorsement and take it too far and it creeps them out and they run away screaming.
#11 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Nov 21, 2013 - 20:48
(0)

CS Original
LET THE WAR OF WHO WILL GET SUPPORT FROM RUSSELL BRAND BEGIN! WILL IT BE TVP OR TZM!

TZM London TownHall with Peter Joseph, November 15th 2013 [ The Zeitgeist Movement ]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZYS0vKBZac

44:50-47:40 talks about Russell Brand wanting to interview Peter and to call Russell Brand.

59:20 Peter talks about a comment Russell Brand made.

1:05:20 Someones quote brand saying well brand said what's the point of voting. Voting is a bloody farce so vote for me.
#12 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Nov 22, 2013 - 05:59
(0)

Level: 6
CS Original
If this works out we'll have three fractions in no time.
#13 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Nov 22, 2013 - 11:51
(0)

CS Original
"Voting is a bloody farce so vote for me."

Russell Band is not so good at spotting things that are farcical, hence the interest in TZM/TVP.
#14 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Nov 25, 2013 - 09:00
(0)

CS Original
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11/15/postprofit_prophet_russell_brand_is_the_christ_of_startus/

Some news events are so momentous they instantly become burned into the memory - as irreversibly as an iOS firmware upgrade. For example, I'll never forget where I was when the Berlin Wall came down.

I was still a schoolboy: in prep school in Geneva, trying to buy heroin. But 23 years later, everything about that day comes flooding back to me so vividly.

Achtung Baby... "We are a Grandmother"... Ninety Nine Red Balloons, Floating In The Summer Sky. (Thank you for that timeless classic, Nico!)

Or .... was I actually in Goa, trying to buy heroin? Never mind. The Wall had came down, and Es Tut Mir Leid, Herr Dumpty, we will not give you Planning Consent to put it back up again.

It wasn't all good memories, though.

When my father, the financier and diplomat Gilbert Xavier de Bong was a schoolboy, his own father had caught him smoking. In the family tradition, he sat his son down with a full packet of cigarettes and made him smoke each one, until the packet was empty. He matched him smoke for smoke. It worked, and Papa never touched a cigarette again. So imagine my discomfort, then, when my father paid me a rare and unexpected visit to the boarding school in Geneva, only to catch me with several back copies of Color Climax. Let's just say the next two hours were rather excruciating for both of us.

But I digress.

In the years to come, we'll look back on the autumn of 2013 as equally historic and epoch-defining. Thanks to two people.

First, there was Russell Brand's electrifying, unifying declaration about profits. "I say profit is a filthy word, because wherever there is profit there is also deficit," said the Bard of Essex.

Here was one generation of popular entertainer speaking truth to power - or more precisely, to an a slightly older TV personality.

Some people argued this was hypocritical. Brand needs money too, they said. Of course he does. He needs to buy eyeliner and sex toys as much as the next former Radio 2 presenter. But what Brand was saying was that there is more to life than vulgar Mammon. You can Exit before achieving a successful Business Model.

The other historic contribution came from Emily Bell, a visionary who brought gurus like Jeff Jarvis and Clay Shirky to advise The Guardian newspaper - so it could make its historic pivot from an analogue era print dinosaur into a data-driven coffee chain of one.

"Costs are no longer tied to the ebb and flow of market revenue," wrote Bell, describing how the Guardian was not a business any more, but "an intervention". Lots of similar interventions, she wrote, were creating "an irrational market for journalism".

Brand and Bell. Think Watson and Crick. But social.

Now if you can't make head or tail of Bell - if it sounds like a chimpanzee drawing words at random out of a hat - then I think you're missing the other vital ingredient.

Brand explained that a central administrative committee dividing up the world's resources was the next stage in human evolution - beyond the sham of democracy we have today. But to get there we would need to reach a state of higher consciousness. This is something I have sought myself, most recently by sniffing 3D printing polymers straight off the print head.

Here is Russell explaining it to the always sensible political philosopher Alex Jones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkWWaOp7Zb0

And on a YouTube channel devoted to expanding your cosmic consciousness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PYpHFwcITI

So how can we make this happen? Well one way is to start lots of companies that never make money, then direct the power of the state to support them. Nothing is fairer than spreading the "cost" of an unprofitable business equally throughout the community.

Think about it.

If what Russ says about profits is true ("there must be a deficit"), then the opposite must also be true. Where there is a loss, then everyone gains a little surplus. The more money I lose, the more you make. I'm basically stuffing money into your pocket.

Brand and Bell's revolution is already under way. But instead of the Berlin Wall coming down, it's the Pay Wall that's coming down. ®
#15 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Nov 25, 2013 - 09:18
(0)

CS Original
I deleted this comment and incorporated into the one above. Video link
#16 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]