Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Origins of TVP designs?

[ Add Tags ]

[ Return to The Zeitgeist Movement | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 01, 2010 - 09:04
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

What are the origins of these designs and models? Was their initial intention to be used as altruistic RBE machines or were they designed as toys and luxury resorts for the ultra-wealthy?

Perhaps all this RBE stuff is really just an afterthought to a failed career.

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
NanosPosted: Jul 01, 2010 - 09:34
(0)

Level: 0
CS Original

I would hazard a best guess of altruistic.

Though, I can imagine people thinking they are for the ultra-wealthy, as those are the only kind of folk that could afford such things nowdays.

But..

If you just look at Tata-housing for example, many of their designs have that TVP feel, and they are sold very cheaply!

http://affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/2009/06/the-model-t-house.html</p>

As such, I reckon we could do far better building designs cheaply, which are not just for the ultra-wealthy, but at least for the poor of developed countries such as UK/US.

Though I would go more for earth sheltered designs myself than skyscrapers.

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 01, 2010 - 09:36
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

"I would hazard a best guess of altruistic."

Altruists sell DVD packs of shit available for free online for 300 dollars?

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
NanosPosted: Jul 01, 2010 - 15:28
(0)

CS Original

> Altruists sell DVD packs of shit available for free online for 300 dollars?

Well, even Altruists have to pay the rent..

But I do agree, charging for that aspect is not something I'm in agreement with, nor does it look good either.

What should be happening is he should find some other way to make an income.

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 01, 2010 - 15:30
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

I don't think you know what altruism means.

#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AltonPosted: Jul 01, 2010 - 22:12
(0)

Level: 1
CS Original

It clearly looks like Jacque copied Walt Disney and his team's Epcot designs for his VP circular city. http://www.omniluxe.net/wyw/epcot.htm</p>

Add Marxism, B.F. Skinner's behaviorism, Francis Bacon's "The New Atlantis" writing, and Fresco once being a member of Technocracy Incorporated that emerged in the 1930s, and you also get the main theme of where Jacque could of gotten his ideas for TVP.

#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
sorryPosted: Jul 01, 2010 - 22:14
(0)

Level: 12
CS Original

I would like to visit a Fresco theme park.

#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 01, 2010 - 22:14
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

He also jacked stuff from Fuller.

I have wondered if Merola called him up and they made some deal to make a buck off the rabble of goofy kids he had recruited on his forum.

#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
sorryPosted: Jul 01, 2010 - 22:15
(0)

CS Original

They aren't doing a very good job.

#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 01, 2010 - 22:16
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Fresco owns a pretty big chunk of land and he flies all over the world. I don't think he could do this on Social Security.

#10 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
sorryPosted: Jul 01, 2010 - 22:17
(0)

CS Original

I doubt the guy is funding that on Zeitgeist returns. He didn't hear of Merola until he turned what, 90?

#11 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 01, 2010 - 22:19
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Well doesn't he have to pay taxes on that land and the bills from conventional energy? Not to mention Internet connections and just the money it requires to stay aloat. And pay for plane tickets and hotel rooms and eating out? Plus Roxanne is in tow.

He has to be getting money from somewhere. Maybe selling 300 dollar DVD packs.

Neither Fresco or Merola live a lifestyle I consider to be remotely close to what it should be.

#12 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
sorryPosted: Jul 01, 2010 - 22:22
(0)

CS Original

I can't imagine too many kids are paying for those. This is the generation of DOWNLOAD DOWNLOAD DOWNLOAD. I'd like to see a sales report.

#13 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 01, 2010 - 22:23
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

So would I.

VTV is the only one who has a lifestyle I can understand.

Seriously where are these people getting the money to live these pretty extravagant lifestyles?

I would like to know.

#14 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Jul 01, 2010 - 22:26
(0)

Level: 6
CS Original

He's selling a $300 drawing course through MJ, I bet that's generating some cash. Although it's not that good, and the only testimonial is from Roxanne. You'd be better off subscribing to gnomon for a year.

The world lecture is probably pretty profitable, too.

#15 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AltonPosted: Jul 01, 2010 - 22:30
(0)

CS Original

It looks like most of Jacque's sources of income was based on selling videos on how to draw, videos about TVP, futuristic fantasy books, and doing lecture tours trying to come off as a Buckminster Fuller personality. But unlike Fuller, he has no real world applications and no recognition by fellow engineers and architects.

#16 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 01, 2010 - 22:34
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

So basically he just jumps from quick buck to quick buck.

#17 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AltonPosted: Jul 01, 2010 - 22:38
(0)

CS Original

Yep...in his mind it is most likely, "where can I get a quick buck for a person looking to get a quick fantasy fix?"

#18 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 01, 2010 - 22:40
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

New Age Billy Mays.

#19 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
NanosPosted: Jul 02, 2010 - 01:35
(0)

CS Original

Whilst we are throwing abit of mud about, everyone seems to have forgotten (Or maybe you don't know..) about the charge to visit Fresco that often used to get mentioned on the forum. People who went there, would insist they was told, pay up or you can't come in, to the tune of a couple of hundred dollars. Whilst on the forums, we would be told its 'optional'.. thats if we was told at all.. being that at first, the issue was ignored, followed by, its not important to answer it even..

Then there was some careful wording of replies that could sound either way..

Now, I don't mind people charging, as long as they mention there is a charge up front in advance!

Not wait until folk get there and then spring it on them, and if they say no, get all arsy about it and make it sound like its a must do thing, all the time using just the right words so you can deny you said any such thing, even if it sounded awfully like it..

It did make me wonder, now, would I charge for new friends to visit me..

No, I don't think I would.

I can understand why they would, but I don't think its a good way to make friends!

Anyhow, thats about the only mayor thing connected with this particular thread that pissed me off about them, the awful trouble we had trying to get them to just answer the damn question of 'do you or do you not charge for visitors'...

I'm reminded of job interviews, where people ask you this long and complicated answer, and your supposed to give a long and complicated reply, why not just say yes or no if its that simple!

#20 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
sorryPosted: Jul 02, 2010 - 01:37
(0)

CS Original

I don't have a problem with someone charging for their services or ideas. But do something with that money other than feed yourself and plant a garden.

#21 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Jul 02, 2010 - 01:44
(0)

Level: 6
CS Original

"People who went there, would insist they was told, pay up or you can't come in, to the tune of a couple of hundred dollars. Whilst on the forums, we would be told its 'optional'.. thats if we was told at all.. being that at first, the issue was ignored, followed by, its not important to answer it even.."

That's interesting.

The whole thing looks just as dubious as VTVs chip-ins, $200 monthly for internet? Seriously?

But hey, as long as people have dumb money, somebody's gonna take it.

#22 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
NanosPosted: Jul 02, 2010 - 01:59
(0)

CS Original

> do something with that money other than feed yourself and plant a garden.

Agreed.

As such, it would have been useful to produce a rundown of just where you spent the money, so the public could be assured it did go on something useful, or if not, they could point that out and complain!

Then you listen..

> The whole thing looks just as dubious as VTVs chip-ins

Several things, don't make me entirely happy about that, whilst at the same time making me happy..

Happy things first :-)

Its nice someone can ask for money, and not be told off...

Its good to see someone taking the need for money seriously, and to maintain a service by asking for it.

Now the unhappy things..

Why, when I asked VTV, if he is using the money for what he says he is, does he not just make available copies of his receits for the service so we can be sure the money is spent where he says it is..

The rest of us are not allowed to ask for money...

Now, when the IRC service was running, the people behind that was more than happy to show anyone receits (I saw one even myself!) without getting all upset about it and accusing anyone of asking as 'not trusting' them and getting all arsy about it..

Now, the more I get to hear about VTV, I now wonder, maybe the money doesn't go on what he says, maybe someone else is already paying for his internet and he doesn't want us to know..

Of course, thats a conspiracy theory approach..

But why, when he was perfectly rational one moment, the next when I asked him repeatedly for months, did he get awfully upset every single time..

Its still not damning evidence.. but it would be so easy to make the problem go away, just show a bill and shut me up!

So in essence, I don't mind him using the money to pay his bills, I even think its a good thing, I just wish if he was, he would prove it to us in a way that didn't make us wonder if he was lying or not.

Oh, and if can do it, and PJ can do it, then the rest of us should be allowed to use the TZM forums to ask for money too, to pay our bills, our rent, and start businesses so we don't have to ask for money, but instead give people jobs and money!

#23 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]