Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Anyone care to debunk this: Barbara Bush actually Crowley's daughter?

[ Add Tags ]

[ Return to General Conspiracy Stuff | Reply to Topic ]
MuertosPosted: Nov 30, 2010 - 12:52
(0)

Paid Disinformation Blogger

Level: 14
CS Original

I've been emailing a guy who is, if not a CT, certainly sympathetic to them. We've actually had some pretty productive discussions and he's at least making an effort to understand things from a skeptic's point of view. I explained to him my theory that CT'ers are fundamentally lacking the "bullshit detector" that most people have. Here is an excerpt from an email he sent me:

Some conspiracies I was hoping to address, in order to clear the air, investigate, debunk or confirm, are the following....

-Barbara Bush being the possible daughter of Aleister Crowley (something which rather surprised me as to how surely "possible" it could be. The arguments are that Barbara's mother was close friends with Crowley, may have participated in his rituals which involved sex, was away with Crowley around the time of Barbara's conception, and, finally, that Barb actually has a rather interesting physical resemblance to Crowley. To counter this, I tried some frail google searches and I have at least confirmed that Marvin Pierce, Barbara's officially listed father, has an equally strong physical resemblance to Barbara..... though I emphasize equal, because Crowley still looks a lot like her too. But thats not quite enough to rule it out altogether. I imagine I should put more work into looking into this before declaring anything, but currently the only thing that makes me refuse it is that gut instinct of how ridiculous it would feel if one of our First Ladies or U.S. Presidents were literally spawned from a leading satan worshiper. The Bullshit detector is a useful thing, but it still doesn't feel the same with out the facts to enforce it. I would say, in reference to your example, that rather than having my bullshit detector broken... I simply do not trust it. Notably, I would have used my bullshit detector against skeptics at one time before I found them useful.... so I really don't know which way to use it).

I told him I thought this was so far out there that I seriously doubt anyone would even want to try to debunk it, but I thought I'd see if there are any takers here.

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
SkyPosted: Nov 30, 2010 - 13:33
(0)

Level: 3
CS Original

I did some quick research and the main source for this seems to be this article which got all of it's information about Barbara's mother from one anonymous member of Crowley's cult.

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Nov 30, 2010 - 13:33
(0)

HAIL HYDRA

Level: 6
CS Original

Theories like this border on the perverse. Of course I'd really wonder about the relevance if she was, in fact, Crowely's daughter. Does having a genetic relation to someone suddenly transform or erase your social-familial ties that you built over your whole life? But that aside, when you start prying into issues of personal family issues and even the conception and birth of a person, you reduce that person's existence to a tabloid-ready narrative. This theory, for me, crosses a line of respect for others.

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
MuertosPosted: Nov 30, 2010 - 13:50
(0)

Paid Disinformation Blogger

Level: 14
CS Original

Kaiser: yes, I generally agree with that way of looking at it. The person who sent me this seems particularly interested in false identity/secret relationship type CTs. For example he's fascinated with the concept of world leaders employing doubles, and investigated a CT that Saddam Hussein was secretly switched for a double at his execution. He says he doesn't believe this CT, but asked me a lot of questions about it.

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]