Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - FAT HEAD (a film response to Super Size Me)

Tags: to do, food [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to Movies | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Apr 06, 2011 - 15:11
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original
#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
DJboREPosted: Apr 06, 2011 - 15:38
(0)

Sleep, Laugh, Type, Skate, repeat

Level: 1
CS Original

Nice find, love the low budget docs. I was always annoyed at the fact people acted like Supersize Me was this holy grail, eye opening experience, when it's premise pretty much states the obvious of what h appends when you eat foods high in fat and at the volume he was consuming it all.

Will watch while eating a quarter pounder and a large drink.

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Apr 06, 2011 - 15:47
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

This film is making me realize that Spurlock is a much bigger liar than I previously thought.

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Sil the ShillPosted: Apr 06, 2011 - 15:55
(0)

Level: 9
CS Original

"Nice find, love the low budget docs. I was always annoyed at the fact people acted like Supersize Me was this holy grail, eye opening experience, when it's premise pretty much states the obvious of what h appends when you eat foods high in fat and at the volume he was consuming it all."

Eat over 4000 calories a day. Get really fat. Somehow impress people.

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Apr 06, 2011 - 16:08
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Well, what's interesting is that Naughton shows that Spurlock couldn't have consumed the amount of calories he claimed to in Super Size Me.

#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Sil the ShillPosted: Apr 06, 2011 - 16:24
(0)

Level: 9
CS Original

"Well, what's interesting is that Naughton shows that Spurlock couldn't have consumed the amount of calories he claimed to in Super Size Me. "

Oh? I've never actually seen Super Size Me. Should I watch that first to fully appreciate the thrashing that Naughton gives it or is "Fat Head" still good on it's own?

#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: Apr 06, 2011 - 20:53
(0)

Ordo Ab Chao.

Level: 8
CS Original

5,000 calories using no exercise? Of course he'll fucking gain as much as he did!

He could have done the same with fruits and vegetables and gotten the same result.

(sigh) I remember when I liked Super Size Me.... seriously, being a skeptic sucks sometimes because it tears down that idealized version of the world one has, much to one's surprise.

#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Apr 06, 2011 - 22:43
(0)

Level: 6
CS Original

You'd have to eat ~24lb worth of apples to reach 5000 calories, that's close to impossible.

Fast food isn't inherently bad, but it allows people to consume amounts of calories that you just aren't able to reach with "normal" dietary habits. Whether you blame obesity on the individual being too stupid to choose a proper diet or on corporations/advertising/society for creating artificial motivators to eat more of this stuff will ultimately depend on your political leanings.

#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Apr 06, 2011 - 23:28
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Level: 5
CS Original

I'm watching the start of it I'm already not liking the fact he's cutting out a lot of carbohydrates. If you want the most accurate study he has to eat everything including the carbohydrates he decided to cut out. I'll continue to watch though looks interesting I just can't take this to seriously now.

Since his study is if he can lose weight and still eat fast food I won't knock him on the fact he's doing more exercise to to counter balance the fast food calorie intake into a deficit.

#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Apr 06, 2011 - 23:28
(0)

CS Original

#10 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Inside JobPosted: Apr 06, 2011 - 23:51
(0)

Level: 2
CS Original

Chad Ochocinco eats Big Macs everyday and he is a professional athlete (Wide Receiver, Cincinnati Bengals). If he can eat McD's and not get fat, then everybody else can too.

#11 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Apr 07, 2011 - 03:34
(0)

There ARE more sluts in public schools. Shut up and let me explain.

CS Original

Just finished watching it, great film! I got it over bittorrent (btjunkie.org).

#12 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
scitopsPosted: Apr 07, 2011 - 08:52
(0)

Level: 4
CS Original

There's a trainer at my gym who I've seen eat tons of food at buffets and fundraising dinners. However she exercises so much she can burn it off. There is not an ounce of fat on her.

#13 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Apr 07, 2011 - 09:30
(0)

CS Original

I watched about a half of the film and it's pretty awesome. I take back what I said about it not being a totally realistic scenario. I find the guy to be very honest and he begins to poke holes in Super Size me at which I never watched the movie myself but it's just awesome.

The fact he cuts some carbohydrates out of his diet isn't so bad but I kinda wish he'd just get a typical fast food meal to see if a person who eats at a fast food restaurant on a daily bases for a month can maintain good health; I suspect you can.

#14 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Apr 07, 2011 - 09:33
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

If the person eating the fast food doesn't include soft drinks with calories and gets regular exercise, there's no reason why said person cannot maintain a weight healthy for their body type while eating it.

Its sad that this film will not get the sort of attention Super Size Me did. But there's more money to be made by scapegoating McDonalds rather than defending it, also its more fashionable.

#15 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Apr 07, 2011 - 09:47
(0)

CS Original

@Agent Matt their could be money made in this film if that guy got a few fast food restaurant to endorse and promote his film he could be seeing some serious cash. I just do not think a Fast food restaurant would at first risk there reputation on something that could potential backfire after seeing success I think they would be more willing to do such things. This would put that guy from Super Size me on the chopping block.

I think this guy that made Fat Head could seriously push farther into the fast food chain myth and possible make a longer film with the endorsement of fast food chains. I'm a big fan of this movie now.

#16 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EzPosted: Apr 08, 2011 - 22:25
(0)

Level: 3
CS Original

We watched a movie in class the other day, i cant remember the name, but it was pretty much saying how the companies that handle meat processing in the US basically own all the farms and everyone has to do what they say and that their meat is disgusting.

It went on to say that the government make fast food cheap so poor people will buy it, so they can help their corporate buddies. At the end I was convinced it was just an anti capitalism film, ranting on about fast food which is a popular topic for moonbats.

Needless to say, i went to Burger King and got a Whopper afterwards and it was delicious!

#17 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Apr 08, 2011 - 22:42
(0)

CS Original

Ez, was it Food, Inc? That movie is a load of shit.

#18 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: Apr 08, 2011 - 22:51
(0)

Ordo Ab Chao.

CS Original

Why is Food Inc a load of shit again?

I remember watching it, but can't seem to recall much.

#19 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EzPosted: Apr 08, 2011 - 22:53
(0)

Level: 3
CS Original

That rings a bell Roxette, i think it was Food, Inc

#20 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Apr 08, 2011 - 23:04
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Food Inc is one of those kinda films that show you how sausage is made, if you get my drift. I personally don't care about any of the agendas it tried to push so it was wasted on me.

#21 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Apr 08, 2011 - 23:06
(0)

CS Original

They really play on the "if you knew how it was made, you wouldn't like it." Of course, people who don't automatically believe everything a movie tells them don't care and still eat meat.

#22 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Apr 09, 2011 - 00:05
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

I know how its made and I still think its delicious.

#23 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Apr 09, 2011 - 11:34
(0)

CS Original

I know how it's made. I even hunt, and process the meat I get. I like the taste of meat and I'm not going to stop eating meat just because someone says it's bad. Being a medical student I can tell you meat is perfectly ok to eat but of course like anything else in this world if you eat to much of something it can be harmful.

These Veg people think their on some higher plane because they don't eat meat but in fact they still kill plants to get their nutritional needs. Plants have feelings to! Plants just can't talk or cry when they are brutally slaughter by us evil humans!!!

If science comes up with a alternative way to produce meat that doesn't involve killing animals and it's economically feasible to do so I may try it out. I'm not going to give up hunting or anything but I'll try out synthetically grown meat if it ever comes out.

#24 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Apr 09, 2011 - 11:38
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

I'm pretty skeptical that a cow or chicken has the intellectual capacity to realize it's fate anyways.

#25 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]