Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Truth-out freaking out about Disney

Mickey Mouse teaches kids to be consumers with false consciousness!

Tags: Disney, Truth-Out, lol retarded [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to General Conspiracy Stuff | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Aug 24, 2011 - 15:22
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original
http://www.truth-out.org/se-mouse-roared-how-disney-instills-greed-and-consumerism-starting-three-months/1310572322
http://truth-out.org/how-disney-magic-and-corporate-media-shape-youth-identity-digital-age62008

Even Mickey Mouse is part of the vast conspiracy! Target the children, oh no, the CHILDREN, brainwashing them with corny songs and stories about friendship!
#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Aug 25, 2011 - 14:40
(1)

Level: 6
CS Original
I don't think Giroux sees it as a conspiracy.

Disney is a business, businesses want to sell stuff, so Disney (and other advertisers) teaches kids to want new stuff.
#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Aug 25, 2011 - 15:25
(0)

HAIL HYDRA

CS Original
I agree with CJ. This isn't a conspiracy theory, its a legitimate look at the intersection between corporate interests and media consumed by children. Its no mystery that children are impressionable, and that companies like Disney are not entirely altruistic, concerned entities. The thing is, PARENTS need to be given critical thinking and information so that they can make the decisions best for their family. There are themes in Disney's pantheon that are questionable, that I wouldnt want my kids to fall into, but I'd have honest conversations with my kids in regards to those themes.
#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
imhotepPosted: Aug 25, 2011 - 16:45
(0)

Level: 0
CS Original
Quote from Kaiser Falkner

I agree with CJ. This isn't a conspiracy theory, its a legitimate look at the intersection between corporate interests and media consumed by children. Its no mystery that children are impressionable, and that companies like Disney are not entirely altruistic, concerned entities. The thing is, PARENTS need to be given critical thinking and information so that they can make the decisions best for their family. There are themes in Disney's pantheon that are questionable, that I wouldnt want my kids to fall into, but I'd have honest conversations with my kids in regards to those themes.

What are those themes?
#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Aug 25, 2011 - 18:04
(1)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original
Truthout is moonbat bullshit.
#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Aug 25, 2011 - 23:04
(0)

HAIL HYDRA

CS Original
What are those themes?

There are legitimate issues concerning sexism and racism and the roll of gender on establishing success. A lot of the older Disney stuff is just oozing with all kinds of racist overtures and the like. Why is it that Disney princesses are only every completed or their success measured by meeting and finding a man?
#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
imhotepPosted: Aug 26, 2011 - 18:33
(0)

Level: 0
CS Original
Quote from Kaiser Falkner

What are those themes?

There are legitimate issues concerning sexism and racism and the roll of gender on establishing success. A lot of the older Disney stuff is just oozing with all kinds of racist overtures and the like. Why is it that Disney princesses are only every completed or their success measured by meeting and finding a man?

Because they want to make money so they make movies for the broadest audience possible?
#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]