Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Internet 2.0

Conspiracy time for 2012

Tags: null, Predictions, Luddites, WTF Is The Internet?, How Things Work, Technological idiocy, Debunked [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to Alex Jones and Friends | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Jan 05, 2012 - 21:58
(0)

HAIL HYDRA

Level: 6
CS Original
So, with SOPA being put up for debate and the recent battle over Net Neutrality, Conspiracy Circuits are ramping up over the "impending end of the internet." Many are arguing that SOPA represents the efforts of the Global Elite to shut down avenues of protest. We have our good friend Alex Jones claiming that 2012 will mark the end of the internet as we know it and that the Internet 2 project representing plans to install a new, more oppressive Internet. As usual, Youtube is already flush with claims about how there has been a long standing conspiracy to end the internet as we know it. This video claims that ISPs have had this plan in the works for quite some time. I think this is a conspiracy we will have to dedicate some time with this year as the year progresses. Personally, I do see heavy changes coming to the internet and the way it is used, but I clearly don't believe its part of some New World Order plan. Some of the change we might not like, and I think there should be heavy consideration and debate around the issue, but we must also keep the hysterics and idiots at bay.

What say you, Skeptic Project?
#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 05, 2012 - 22:35
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original
I pretty much agree 100%. CT nuts have to take everything to the extreme (like this, NDAA is another example). I can't help but think we'll have to devote some time to NDAA too, to encourage reasonable debate and discussion without hysterics and conspiracy theorizing. And who knows what other issues might appear through the year, especially with the election.

I'm considering writing a short article debunking misconceptions on NDAA.
#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
emcadaPosted: Jan 05, 2012 - 22:35
(0)

Level: 0
So long as people understand that these changes aren't apart of a grand conspiracy to contain us or something is fine by me. Accomplishing that is going to take some time though as conspiracy theories are prevalent on the internet. I'm actually curious to see if this will become as big as 9/11 or zeitgeist. From what I can tell people aren't going to be happy with any sort of change to the internet, but I don't think they're ever going to think that it's part of a the New World Order. They'll probably just think this as Orwell's 1984 coming true. The conspiritards will obviously follow whatever their leaders tell them.
#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
emcadaPosted: Jan 05, 2012 - 22:37
(0)

Quote from Wolf Bird

I've started to do that for my blog but haven't continued since there was an apparent change to it after I started. I'm going to try to finish it now.
#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Jan 05, 2012 - 23:00
(1)

There ARE more sluts in public schools. Shut up and let me explain.

Level: 8
CS Original
Short version: The Internet doesn't work that way, next topic.

Long version: Internet 2 has existed for about 15 years and it exists to actually do what the original Internet concept was supposed to do in the first place. I'm not sure where these idiots get a sense of entitlement that the Internet was created for them to bitch and moan about what movies they hate and to cyber with fatties across the world; it wasn't. Furthermore, it's only people who do not understand how the Internet works that make these claims, the Internet is millions of other networks all connected to each other, and barely co-operating, it isn't some thing some place that can be just turned off, it simply doesn't work like that.

Internet 2 is not the future of the Internet, it's not better than the current Internet, it's the same protocols and everything. I think these people are confusing application protocols which run on top of the Internet protocols as "the Internet." The world wide web (http), AOL Instant Messenger, Facebook, etc is not the "Internet," they are things that run on top of it.

If you want to know what the future of the Internet is, take a look at some talks by Vint Cerf and that crazy red haired guy from Oracle.

Not the future: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_2
The future: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv6
#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 06, 2012 - 16:33
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original
Quote from emcada

Quote from Wolf Bird

I've started to do that for my blog but haven't continued since there was an apparent change to it after I started. I'm going to try to finish it now.

Oh, alright then. Then I can devote article writing energy to something else.
#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
PathfinderPosted: Jan 08, 2012 - 21:37
(0)

This apple is your CT. Princess Luna represents logic.

Level: 1
CS Original
Granted the SOPA Act still has to pass Congress, and that very well may be a fight in and of itself.
#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
MuertosPosted: Jan 09, 2012 - 00:52
(0)

Paid Disinformation Blogger

Level: 14
CS Original
SOPA is a tempest in a teapot. Even if it passes Congress (which I doubt), it will be struck down by the courts before the ink is dry. Although I think the ideas behind the bill are perfectly horrible, I'm not very concerned about it. I don't believe it will have much impact in Realworldistan (to borrow one of Matt's favorite terms).
#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
SabertoothPosted: Jan 10, 2012 - 11:36
(0)

Some CTs I once talked to, speak of the "censorship" of the Internet as a certainty. This only add fuel to their paranoia.
#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Jan 10, 2012 - 16:48
(0)

There ARE more sluts in public schools. Shut up and let me explain.

CS Original
Quote from Sabertooth

Some CTs I once talked to, speak of the "censorship" of the Internet as a certainty. This only add fuel to their paranoia.
Ask them for any proof. And I wouldn't consider "the views for my youtube video changed!" or "this account was 'hacked' and the video was deleted [even though tons of other accounts still have the same video]" as proof.
#10 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
SabertoothPosted: Jan 11, 2012 - 07:25
(0)

Quote from The Real Roxette

Quote from Sabertooth

Ask them for any proof. And I wouldn't consider "the views for my youtube video changed!" or "this account was 'hacked' and the video was deleted [even though tons of other accounts still have the same video]" as proof.

Oh one of them pulled that card once. Said that because Youtube kept removing his upload of "Fall of Republic" the triage was already in function.
#11 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: Jan 16, 2012 - 23:52
(0)

Ordo Ab Chao.

CS Original
While I view paranoid theories about this being DE INTERNETZ LOCKDOWN with as much hostility as the next guy, I must inquire;

Firefox has apparently taken a negative reaction toward SOPA.

Wikipedia, a site dedicated to neutrality and objective view, is about to make its protest against SOPA and PIPA.

Could someone explain to me how two organization, especially the latter, would feel threatened or moved enough to engage in protest of these two acts?
#12 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]