Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Your favorite ironies and inconsistencies in CTs

Tags: to do [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to General Conspiracy Stuff | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 10:52
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original

Post your favorite ironic and inconsistent aspects of CTs and woo in general!

One of my favorites is how believers in the NWO/Illuminati/Freemason conspiracies like to parrot the founding fathers, even though several founders were freemasons. I know Ben Franklin was for sure, and I think George Washington was too, though correct me if I'm wrong.

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AKBastardPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 11:02
(0)

Level: 5
CS Original

When they use Operation Northwoods as justification for wars that occured decades before that memo was ever concieved.

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
MuertosPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 11:02
(0)

Paid Disinformation Blogger

Level: 14
CS Original

It's hard to pick just one or even a couple.

I'm always puzzled by what Larry Silverstein is supposed to be doing in the 9/11 plot. Most Twoofers believe 9/11 was done for some political objective, such as to justify wars in Afghanistan and Iraq or justify the PATRIOT act. Yet to a man they believe Silverstein was in on it because he said "pull it" and it was some insurance scam. How did a political plot come to encompass insurance trickery? Did the people who supposedly did 9/11 call up Silverstein and say, "Hey, Larry, just thought you might like to know, we're going to blow up the property you lease with a false flag terror attack and we were wondering if you might want to make an insurance killing on it at the same time?"

I asked one Twoofer this and he responded, "Yes, that's exactly what happened."

I asked another Twoofer and he said, "That doesn't matter. Silverstein said 'pull it,' what more do you need to know?"

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 11:10
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

They refer to secret societies as being evil when in reality secret societies were formed so they could discuss science and philosophy without being imprisoned for it.

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 11:10
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original

Well, with that logic, I suppose we never need to know the context for anything, do we?

#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 11:12
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Inability to understand context is a cognitive deficiency, many conspiracy theorists suffer from it.

#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 11:13
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original

"They refer to secret societies as being evil when in reality secret societies were formed so they could discuss science and philosophy without being imprisoned for it."

Yeah, I know. That's exactly what the real historical Illuminati was.

#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AKBastardPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 11:23
(0)

CS Original

My issue is that conspiracy theorists are so certain of their beliefs, yet they can't all get on the same page about anything.

For instance, when it comes to the NWO/Illuminati, you have some who think it's a "shadow government", others who think it's Satanic iguanas, others who think it's TEH JOOZ, others who think it's "international bankers" (whatever that means), others who think it's communists, others who think it's the Anti-Christ, others who think it's Bigfoot, Santa Claus, Lex Luther's Legion of Doom, Grayskull, and the list goes on.

Yet when we take a look at what these people would call "mainstream science", you generally see that they all have a (more or less) common understanding of the world we truly live in. Of course, CTers will like to say "that's because mainstream science is Illuminati propaganda!" or whatever the fuck nonsense.

Or maybe, just maybe, it's because they know what they are talking about while CTers don't.

#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 13:34
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original

Another one for me...

The supposed fleet of stealthy black helicopters. How can a fleet of helicopters be stealthy when just one going overheard makes building windows vibrate?

#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EzPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 13:44
(0)

Level: 3
CS Original

They revise a whole bunch of stinky and its sometimes hard to tell the real stuff from the bullstinky. An example is the Illuminati; CT'ers go on about all these supposed symbols they use and how they worshipped Lucifer even though they never did and as NWO Florist said; was formed as a way to discuss things away from the Government (who at the time were quite authoritarian).

Same with Freemasonry, i used to think it was some shady organisation just simply from reading CT books and only recently did I discover what it really was.

#10 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AKBastardPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 13:50
(0)

CS Original

What ARE the Freemasons, for real?

#11 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EzPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 13:59
(0)

CS Original

It is basically a fraternity. Its secular (as in not a religious group itself) but you do need to believe in a higher power to join, what belief doesn't matter however. They really aren't that interesting, although CT'ers will try and convince you otherwise.

#12 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 14:01
(0)

HAIL HYDRA

Level: 6
CS Original

Freemasons are a glorified Rotary club. Or perhaps.... rotary crub.

#13 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 14:01
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original

I hear they do a lot of community service type of things, too. A high school friend of mine is now a freemason. I keep in touch with him via facebook and he makes no secret about being a freemason and what he does.

#14 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EzPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 14:12
(0)

CS Original

Yeah they dont do secret hand signals although they do have handshakes and stuff to get into meetings so random people (CT'er nuts probably) cant just walk on in.

#15 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 14:16
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original

And because CT nuts can't get in, that means it MUST be a conspiracy!

#16 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EzPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 14:22
(0)

CS Original

Of course, CT'ers and wingnuts rage about their privacy, but god forbid Skull and Bones and the Freemasons get theirs! It must be something sinister!

#17 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 14:23
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original

^that's another one. They can have privacy, but other people can't.

#18 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EzPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 14:26
(0)

CS Original

Another reason why the CFR, Trilateral Commision and the Bilderberg Group don't allow the media to go in, because anything they say can be taken out of context (CT'ers aren't the only people who do this, the media is guilty of it too). Besides even if they did let people in, CT'ers would still take their words out of context or just claim one of the other 100 or so think tanks are plotting world domination.

#19 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 14:27
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original

^ultimate truth of the world.

CTers are never wrong. How convenient.

#20 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EzPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 14:37
(0)

CS Original

^ Exactly

Besides if I were in government or business I'd sure as hell have better and more important things to do than cater to a bunch of tinfoil heads.

#21 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AKBastardPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 14:43
(0)

CS Original

I tried to tell my CTer room mate that the Freemasons were just a fraternity and he replied "maybe at the lower levels."

Uhhh, what other levels are there??

#22 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EzPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 14:49
(0)

CS Original

The 33rd degree that most low level freemasons don't even know about of course!</tinfoil hat off>

But yeah they claim there is a '33rd' degree Mason that know all the secret and sinister world domination schemes. But really its just a special rite given to people who spend alot of time in the Masonic community.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/33rd_Degree_Mason</p>

Apparently Albert Pike was a 33rd degree mason and I've heard some woo about him being a Satan worshipper or something but on his Wiki page I cant see anything about it.

#23 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AKBastardPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 15:39
(0)

CS Original

Here's another one that gets me.

CTers claim that since they can't assassinate people like Alex Jones or David Icke, they "assassinate their character" and that's supposed to be good enough, as if it's such a stretch to mock someone like those two.

Also, isn't assassination of character a conspiracy theorist's specialty?

#24 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EzPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 15:46
(0)

CS Original

My question to them; If the NWO is going to take over and kill everyone one day, why dont they just go out and kill all the people spreading the 'truth' now? Everyone will find out when 80% of the population is dead anyway..

#25 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 16:54
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Because that's not "the plan."

Don't ask me to explain it. I just troll here.

#26 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 19:12
(0)

Level: 10
CS Original

Here's one of my favourites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MusSulcJwSk

Its regarding truthers claim that the demolition of the towers was so intense and powerful heavy steel was propelled hundreds of feet BUT they used thermite so its quiet and why it isn't picked up on any video camera.

It is surprisingly difficult to get them to understand why that's ridiculous, in fact I don't think I have ever been able to get one to understand. Even when some of them have admitted a contradiction, still go on to show they still don't understand that you can't make quiet explosives. I still find it astonishing.

I'm like "pick one! It can't be both intense and quiet!"

#27 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 19:13
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original

LOL. That's a new one to me. Like TZM, I don't know THAT much about the 9/11 CTs and all their inane idiocy.

#28 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 19:15
(0)

Level: 10
CS Original

Oh that's just one, there's plenty more! :D

#29 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 19:19
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original

Oh, I'm sure! I'm quickly learning this stuff, but I can still only absorb so much at a time.

#30 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]