Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Was Jared Loughner inspired by Zeitgeist?

Tags: The Zeitgeist Movement, MOONBATTERY, Jared Loughner, gabrielle giffords [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to The Zeitgeist Movement | Reply to Topic ]
FenrisPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 15:29
(0)

Level: 0
CS Original

According to the Arizona Republic, friends of the perp in the recent shooting claim that not only was Loughner a fan of Zeitgeist the Movie, he was obsessed.

Loughner began fixating on a documentary: "Zeitgeist: The Movie."

"He wanted to watch it all the time," Osler said. "It was cool at first. But then it got weird. It was all he wanted to do."

Loughner developed a seeming obsession with currency, grammar and literacy rates. They were becoming the objects of his rants and screeds. Those around him didn't understand.

Considering we've seen enough hand-washing in the wake of the shooting to dry out a river, whatever TZM's response is won't surprise me in the least.

Source: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/01/16/20110116gabrielle-giffords-jared-loughner-profile.html</p>

H/T Screw Loose Change: http://screwloosechange.blogspot.com/2011/01/more-on-zeitgeist.html

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 15:59
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

Zeitgeist promotes a paranoid, isolating world view where everyone who isn't a Zeitgeister becomes an enemy.

When someone becomes obsessed with a paranoid, isolating movie or becomes involved in a paranoid, isolating "movement" and they already suffer from a mental illness, nothing good will come of it.

I would not be surprised if a good majority of Zeitgeisters are unemployable for this very reason.

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 16:44
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original

But they're just trying to squash this wonderful, compassionate movement that so threatens the establishment with its internet forum!

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
domokatoPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 16:49
(0)

Level: 4
CS Original

wow, this is not looking good for ZM lol. I don't recall Gavin ranting about currency or literacy rates. Loughner must have been on the forums if he was so obsessed with it.

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 17:04
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

I remember reading posts from that GavinPalmer guy.

I think he's schizophrenic.

#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Sil the ShillPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 17:07
(0)

Level: 9
CS Original

""He wanted to watch it all the time," Osler said. "It was cool at first. But then it got weird. It was all he wanted to do.""

That's weird with any movie, but with Zeitgeist that sounds like fucking torture.

#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
BrentonPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 17:49
(0)

CS Original

But they're just trying to squash this wonderful, compassionate movement that so threatens the establishment with its internet forum!

I think that in fairness no matter how much he obsessed with it you can't actually directly blame the film for his actions, because he was clearly fucked up - not to mention that Osler's awareness of his interest in the film was a 2 year old anecdote. If we're being fair, it's as much a scapegoat as saying he was inspired by Palin or Ayn Rand. The guy was clearly suffering extreme manic depression, schizophrenia, something along those lines.

I'm not saying the film had no influence, but you certainly cannot directly blame it.

#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 17:50
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

^Former cultist

#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
BrentonPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 17:53
(0)

CS Original

You can call me whatever you want. But it's like saying that The Catcher in the Rye was directly responsible for the murder of John Lennon because the gunman was carrying a copy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_catcher_in_the_rye#Controversy )... Well, it's taught in every school in this country, so, why isn't Australia extremely violent & childish?

#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 17:56
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

"why isn't Australia extremely violent & childish?"

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/8648/steveirwinmovcrop.jpg" />

#10 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
BrentonPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 17:58
(0)

CS Original

Not really making a point.

Entertaining, sure, but not much else.

#11 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 17:58
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

^Former cultist

#12 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
BrentonPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 18:00
(0)

CS Original

Again, not making a point. If I'm a former cultist then I have no bias to defend them. I'm just not gonna behave in a retarded manner and defame at all costs. That's not right.

I mean for him to watch ZI all the time, he still had to COME TO THAT MOVIE with an obsessive personality in the same way a deranged person comes to a marriage and becomes destructive in that marriage because they already had the seeds of that "bad fruit".

#13 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 20:13
(0)

There ARE more sluts in public schools. Shut up and let me explain.

Level: 8
CS Original

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Spree_shootings_in_Australia

#14 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Inside JobPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 20:20
(0)

Level: 2
CS Original

You've got to do better than that Roxette. Only one of those shootings had deaths in doubles figures, one was was committed by a foreign national and another was 95 years ago. American high school students get more kills than that...

#15 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 20:20
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

"American high school students get more kills than that... "

Prove it.

#16 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 20:27
(0)

CS Original

Australia has less than 1/11th the amount of people too.

#17 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
BrentonPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 20:31
(0)

CS Original

It still, really doesn't prove a point. Australia has nowhere near the violence leading to death of the United States, and yet, much more freedom to commit violence, much less police per capita, and to go even further - much more liberal ratings on violent programmes and media productions. So, go figure.

#18 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Inside JobPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 20:31
(0)

CS Original

What? Are you serious? Ok then...

This was the one that I was referring to.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbine_High_School_massacre</p>

But if we include universities/colleges, the record is 32.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#United_States</p>

Now I can't say for sure as I was not there, but I'm pretty sure this information is accurate.

#19 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Inside JobPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 20:32
(0)

CS Original

Don't forget the who has the most war mongers Brenton!

#20 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 20:36
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

I love how its fashionable to be prejudiced towards Americans by the same people who are the first to point their fingers when someone else displays prejudice.

The notion that the United States has the "most warmongers" is not based in reality either now, contemporary history or even remotely ancient history.

Uneducated twerps making broad and incorrect statements.

#21 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 20:41
(0)

CS Original

If you really want to talk about who is most violent, why are we even bringing up America and not places like South Africa? Darfur? School shootings are bad, but mass genocide with farm tools is even worse.

#22 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 20:42
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Because they're bigots.

#23 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Inside JobPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 20:44
(0)

CS Original

I agree with Roxette... but you started it.

Matt, you're a sad, lonely man. I pity you.

#24 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 20:45
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

I'm a sad, lonely man because you're a bigot?

Yeah..... Pity from a bigot. That's rich.

#25 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
MuertosPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 20:47
(0)

Paid Disinformation Blogger

Level: 14
CS Original

I believe Somalia and South Africa are the most violent countries per capita, far outstripping the United States in every category. I also think Brazil is pretty high up there, again far ahead of the US.

I also don't like the double standard of US-bashing that most foreigners seem to think is chic right now. China pursues policies every bit as bad as those that the US has done recently, but they don't get even a tenth of the criticism, because it's racist to bash the Chinese and cool to bash Americans.

#26 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EzPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 20:47
(0)

Level: 3
CS Original

People from NZ (my country) and Aus do tend to act like they are on a moral highground or something. While I don't always agree with every war fought by the US or other countries I realise sometimes there is a need to fight, in this era it is primarily against terrorism, if terrorists are left to become stronger they will likely attempt to commit more terrorist attacks (they already commit alot in the Middle East)

#27 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Inside JobPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 20:49
(0)

CS Original

I'm only a bigot because you have gone mad with political correctness and can't cop reality on the chin. How am I a bigot?

#28 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 20:50
(0)

Level: 10
CS Original

I think you guys might be missing the point...

Zeitgeist 1 is poison to be associated with, regardless of Loughner. This isn't the first nutter to go on a shooting spree that was into these conspiracy theories, it just so happens this particular nutter happened to really really like Zeitgeist.

This isn't about Zeitgeist in particular, its about the fact that the Zeitgeist Movement is associated with these idiots that nutters are attracted to. I've always said Zeitgeist 1 will bite them in the ass but they always claimed no no no its fine, and by Peter that even said its good and brings in most of the audience! Hey Peter, if you want to use your stupid conspiracy theories to attract members to the ZGM you have to take the consequences of that.

#29 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 20:51
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

"I'm only a bigot because you have gone mad with political correctness and can't cop reality on the chin."

What you've said in this thread is not based in reality. Its based in a prejudiced fantasy you've invented.

#30 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]