Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Jacque Fresco believes in the Illuminati??!?!

[ Add Tags ]

[ Return to The Zeitgeist Movement | Reply to Topic ]
MuertosPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 13:18
(0)

Paid Disinformation Blogger

Level: 14
CS Original

Okay, maybe I'm naive here. I'd been under the assumption, evidently erroneous, that it was Merola, not Fresco, who was the chief conspiracy nut in the Venus Project/ZM. But from one of those Anonymous videos I just saw a clip where he confirms specifically and explicitly that he believes in the Illuminati.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM9rHY8G1Uo (begins at 3:15)

So let me get this straight. ZM have been shrieking at us that the Venus Project has nothing to do with conspiracy theories, even telling us that Fresco has specifically said he doesn't believe in 9/11 conspiracy...but he DOES believe in the Illuminati??!

I'm surprised I did not know this. Here I was thinking Fresco was largely ambivalent on the conspiracy issues. Now it turns out he believes in the biggest conspiracy theory of them all, and we've got him on tape promoting conspiracy theories.

Both Peter Merola and Jacque Fresco are hard-core conspiracy theorists. BOTH of them.

How can they possibly say this is not a conspiracy movement? ALL of the senior leadership of the Zeitgeist Movement AND the Venus Project consists of hard-core conspiracy theorists. ALL of it.

I'm really surprised more has not been made of this. Were any of you regulars aware of Fresco's belief in the Illuminati?

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
sorryPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 13:20
(0)

Level: 12
CS Original

Ouch

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Sil the ShillPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 13:35
(0)

Level: 9
CS Original

Video isn't loading for me for some reason, so I don't know the context of it... maybe he means the historical Illuminati?

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
sorryPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 13:37
(0)

CS Original

I tried to believe that, Sil, but said he thinks the Illuminati run the world today.

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
oreolvrsPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 13:41
(0)

Level: 1
CS Original
#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Sil the ShillPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 13:43
(0)

CS Original

"I tried to believe that, Sil, but said he thinks the Illuminati run the world today. "

Oh, I see. Well, if you believe in the Illuminati in that sense, you might as well believe 9/11 was an inside job just for consistency.

#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
sorryPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 13:50
(0)

CS Original

Nah that's silly. Governments don't fly planes into buildings. Illuminati do.

#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 13:54
(0)

Brainwashing you for money

Level: 15
CS Original

Yes I was already aware of this I have even seen that original interview and it is not out of context or edited to make him sound like he said this.

he does believe in the Illuminati and this was only last year.

#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Sil the ShillPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 13:54
(0)

CS Original

But if the Government is the Illuminati, then who's over th- UH OH

#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
sorryPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 14:00
(0)

CS Original

Please don't divide by zero.

#10 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
MuertosPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 14:05
(0)

CS Original

This is astonishing.

I had always thought Fresco was not a CT. In fact we've had Zeitgeisters come here and insist to us that because he was not a CT, that somehow proves that the Venus Project has nothing to do with conspiracies. Now we have direct proof that Fresco is very bit as much of a CT as Merola is.

I've been operating on the assumption that Merola's discovery of the Venus Project after he made Zeitgeist 1 was largely accidental. (I believe it was Brenton who initially told us that). It was therefore a total accident that Merola's CT ideology got married up with the Venus Project. But if Fresco is himself a CT, that may tend to explain why the two of them fell in together, because of a similar worldview, and why TVP is aggressively marketed to conspiracy theorists.

Those of us who oppose the ZM on the grounds that it is a conspiracy movement spreading conspiracy theories, we need to make sure Fresco's belief in conspiracy theories are more widely known, as it totally belies their "TVP has nothing to do with conspiracies" nonsense.

#11 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 14:18
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

I've seen the video before. Fresco is not being taken out of context or misrepresented. He does in fact believe in the Illuminati.

Most likely Zeitgeister apologists will claim he was referring to banksters or something, as if that makes a difference.

#12 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
MuertosPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 16:05
(0)

CS Original

It does not appear to be out of context, I agree.

I'm still stunned. Of the various conspiracy tropes out there, Illuminati is one of the hardest to believe in. I'd find it much more likely that someone would believe in a 9/11 conspiracy before they'd accept Illuminati.

#13 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 16:08
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

It makes perfect sense to me that Fresco would believe in the Illuminati.

He believes "someone" is intentionally causing a scarcity of resources.

If you have a puppet master mentality, then naturally all that's required is for you to become the new puppet master.

#14 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 16:09
(0)

Level: 10
CS Original

VTV even showed this exact interview to me to prove Fresco was not a CT as he says he doesn't think 911 was an inside job, my mistake is I didn't listen to the whole interview ;)

#15 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
sorryPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 16:10
(0)

CS Original

lol

#16 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 16:10
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Ah, but in Fresco's world this is not a conspiracy theory. Its fact. So in Zeitgeister logic Fresco is not a conspiracy theorist.

#17 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 16:11
(0)

CS Original

But if Fresco is himself a CT, that may tend to explain why the two of them fell in together, because of a similar worldview, and why TVP is aggressively marketed to conspiracy theorists.

I could be wrong and I dont know where I heard it so don't know if its definitely true, but I heard Fresco contacted HIM. If anyone has a source or knows for sure let us know.

#18 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 16:13
(0)

CS Original

I would really like to know how Fresco defines the Illuminati, there is a chance it could be quite different to how Merola does.

The thing about Merola is that he never denied the NWO or Illuminati before and now he acts like he was saying they didnt all along.

#19 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 16:13
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

I'm pretty sure that it was Merola who contacted Fresco after seeing that Future by Design movie. That's my understanding at any rate.

#20 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 16:14
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

"I would really like to know how Fresco defines the Illuminati, there is a chance it could be quite different to how Merola does."

A shadowy cabal that controls the planet's resources and creates scarcity.

#21 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 17:35
(0)

Brainwashing you for money

Level: 15
CS Original

He says it in the video Ed and agrees with it.

Thats what Fresco thinks ^^

#22 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 17:51
(0)

CS Original

But Fresco is senile IMO so I want to have someone explain to him what people like Alex Jones think the Illuminati is and see if that is indeed what he agrees with. Just to be thourough and just so Zeitgeisters can't use that as an excuse

#23 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 17:52
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Did you not watch the video? Its pretty damn clear what the context was.

#24 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
oreolvrsPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 17:53
(0)

Level: 1
CS Original

"But Fresco is senile IMO so I want to have someone explain to him what people like Alex Jones think Illuminati is and see if that is indeed what he agrees with. Just to be thourough and just so Zeitgeisters can't use that as an excuse " - Good point indeed

#25 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 17:56
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

No, it isn't a result of senility. Fresco knew exactly what was being asked and answered it, even clarifying what he meant. Did you guys even watch the video?

#26 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 18:00
(0)

CS Original

Matt, the exact quote is damning for sure. But there are many levels within that and I for one want to know exactly what he really thinks. Does his definition of the Illuminati really match lunatics like Alex Jones, maybe it's worse and it's like David Icke (unlikely). Maybe it's something more different than that, i hope someone asks because I really would like to know what his defence is.

#27 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 18:01
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

He. Told. You. What. He. Thinks.

Why is Fresco deserving of some special attention about his Illuminati beliefs? He said what he believes.

Am I supposed to give Fresco's beliefs about the Illuminati credibility because he thinks they control scarcity rather than because he thinks they are reptoids? Stupidity is stupidity.

#28 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
MuertosPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 18:05
(0)

CS Original

I agree with Matt. I don't think there's much room for doubt here. It's rare that a YouTube video shows something with context, but it appears to be here in this case. He believes in the Illuminati, and he is undoubtedly a conspiracy theorist.

#29 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 18:07
(0)

CS Original

We can only go by what the question and answer was. I don't want to put words in his mouth and conclude he therefore believes everything Alex Jones does. This isn't special treatment it's what I would do regardless of who they are. As I said it's damning and calls out for a response.

Think of it this way, if you are a lawyer in a trial this is something you'd have to follow up in to make them hang themselves if they really are nut jobs.

#30 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]