Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Zeitard asks for transparency, mod locks thread and threatens ban

[ Add Tags ]

[ Return to The Zeitgeist Movement | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Apr 30, 2011 - 10:00
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

Zeitard:

I would appreciate a transparent access to the review process. What method is being used (scientific?), what the data upon which the decision is based and what the pass/fail threshold parameters for measuring the data are, and if the decision is "Arrived at" I would like to know the criteria for being part of the people who "arrive" at this decision as well as the criteria used to excluded people from "Arriving" at the decision, and of course would like the decision that was arrived at to be available.

In my "opinion", it is preferable for public/community decisions to be based on transparent information and transparent protocol available to all people in the community affected by the decision (as well as other communities that might benefit from the experience). This both minimizes the likely hood for abuse or arbitrary slips and allows people to understand.

http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=231&id=337265&Itemid=100114&lang=en#337265

Mod reply:

THREAD LOCKED (AT ANOTHER MODERATOR'S REQUEST) WHILE UNDER REVIEW.
PLEASE DO NOT START A NEW THREAD TO CONTINUE THIS DISCUSSION OR INTERJECT THE SAME RHETORIC IN ANY EXISTING THREAD. ANYONE DOING SO WILL BE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE ACCOUNT SUSPENSION.

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Apr 30, 2011 - 10:30
(0)

Brainwashing you for money

Level: 15
CS Original

I do not really understand the point of the thread other than discussing voting and transparency for the decision making process in the group, that's what it seems to be discussing to me.

How this post has led to locking and threatening of account termination is a fucking joke. I can see that the dictatorial threats are continuing for what seems like a fairly mundane post and opinion.

haha TZM is pretty fucking poor when it comes to the decision making process anyway, and this is primarily down to the people who have positioned themselves into controlling it.

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Apr 30, 2011 - 14:09
(0)

Level: 6
CS Original

The review process is a farce. The guy they convinced to come over from the Colbert boards also got his thread locked for review and was IP banned after that.

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Apr 30, 2011 - 14:13
(0)

HAIL HYDRA

Level: 6
CS Original

is it just me, or are the ZM forums getting even more bizarre? Matt has been posting some of the lowlights, but there is generally a trend perceptible as an emergence of more irrational thought and behavior. It is as if, without TVP, people can no longer be distracted from the core reasons they joined the movement. Without a proposed solution to their anomic thoughts and relationships they suddenly find themselves in a group of people struggling either to reorient the movement or otherwise vent their dismay. And in response, those who benefitted most, in whatever ways that may be, are looking to retain control and once again find the parameters they need to maintain their "movement."

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Apr 30, 2011 - 14:49
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

I'm not sure the ZM forums are any more or less bizarre than they've always been. I just don't always bother with lurking their forums to re-post funny stuff.

#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]