Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Why are there so few skeptics

Tags: symbolism, lol retarded, New Age woo, goats, GOAT COCKS [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to David Icke and Interdimensional Reptoids | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Jul 03, 2011 - 11:22
(0)

Level: 1
CS Original

...and it seems like most of the Internet thinks like Vigilant Citizen. If you do a web search there are hardly any skeptical CT sites.

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Jul 03, 2011 - 11:24
(0)

There ARE more sluts in public schools. Shut up and let me explain.

Level: 8
CS Original

Most of the Internet doesn't think like them. If they did, Vigilant Citizen would have 604 million likes on Facebook, but they've only got 15K. You're just projecting your feelings on to others, most people think this shit is nuts, if they've even heard of it, and most haven't.

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jul 03, 2011 - 11:32
(1)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original

Also, it just seems there aren't many people interested in actively debunking CTs. Most people haven't heard of it, or if they have, just think it's nuts and ignore it.

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Jul 03, 2011 - 11:43
(0)

HAIL HYDRA

Level: 6
CS Original

Most people don't care about nonsense garbage sites, and thus they don't waste time making debunking sites. Stupid proliferates online, and few even care to get down in the trenches with these people. Likewise, it may in part be confirmation bias. You just remember seeing all the trash sites, and thus you confirm your feelings.

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Jul 03, 2011 - 11:44
(0)

CS Original

Maybe that's it.

There just seems to be so many who believe it that I end up being disturbed by it.

But maybe it's just that most don't pay a lot of attention to it.

But it just seems like everywhere I go there's links to a CT site or someone posting about CTs

#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jul 03, 2011 - 12:25
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original

CTers will frequently go out of their way to spread their nonsense to sites that have nothing to do with CTs, and they frequently comment on news sites to spread their conspiratorial crap. Yahoo news seems to be a favorite site for them to do this. There's another forum I post on that's based around an old game series, but there's one guy there who'll sometimes go on conspiratorial, racist rants and usually links to WorldNutDaily. Thankfully, most of the other boarders ignore him, although mods (like me) will tell him to STFU if he's being racist. Sometimes CTers will organize spamming campaigns. You can see examples here of people on TZM trying to plan online spamming campaigns. Here's a few threads:

http://conspiracies.skepticproject.com/forums/topic/tzm-reaching-critical-mass-via-justin-bieber<br /> http://conspiracies.skepticproject.com/forums/topic/project-youtube-assualt<br /> http://conspiracies.skepticproject.com/forums/topic/zeitards-new-activist-technique<br /> http://conspiracies.skepticproject.com/forums/topic/zeitards-brilliant-idea-for-spreading-awareness

#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Jul 03, 2011 - 12:30
(0)

CS Original

So there's not as many as I thought and it's just that they let their voice be heard more? I can believe that.

There just seems to be so many who think like Vigilant Citizen and so few saying, "that's stupid and wrong." I have had a lot of worry and fear over the VC articles...not really disbelieving or believing them, but wondering if there is any truth anywhere in there.

#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Jul 03, 2011 - 12:37
(0)

CS Original

The popularity of the "sheeple" meme is correlated with the unpopularity of CTers; in other words, conspiracy nuts are only that vehement about pointing out how asleep the regular guy is because almost nobody takes their shit seriously.

One of my former friends now runs a blog about the "lies" behind big pharma, climate change and banking and pretty much everyone in my social circle laughs at that kind of nonsense.

edit: Just went to check the popularity of CTs in MENSA, the newsgroup seems to be more skeptical with 7 threads in b.a.skeptic and two (also critical of woo-woo) in b.esoterik.

The webforum does have a few weird threads about astrology, one with a few guys objecting to homeopathy-critics and one describing The Secret as correct application of quantum physics.

Overall about what you should expect in a regular forum.

#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jul 03, 2011 - 12:38
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original

Most people just ignore it. A lot of it is 'so wrong it's not even wrong', if you will. And a lot of people who really take sites like VC seriously are beyond help, so for most, calling it wrong and debunking it is a fruitless endeavor.

#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Jul 03, 2011 - 12:41
(0)

CS Original

I don't think they're beyond help. I thought a skeptic might see it more like, "There are a lot of young CTers with impressionable minds who need to be introduced to critical thinking

I have seen people who were very deep down the "rabbit hole" become skeptics with the right information

#10 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jul 03, 2011 - 12:46
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original

Well, I'm saying for the vast majority of people, the perception is that people far down the rabbit hole are beyond help. And for many people, it just takes too much time to do the research and compile the information to debunk CTs. A skeptic may see it the way you describe, but most people just ignore CTs and don't care, unless someone they love are falling into the rabbit hole.

#11 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Jul 03, 2011 - 13:04
(0)

CS Original

I don't think they're beyond help. I thought a skeptic might see it more like, "There are a lot of young CTers with impressionable minds who need to be introduced to critical thinking

Well, the conviction that you know secrets the rest of the world does not can provide you with a strong sense of power or status, taking that away will usually be pretty hard. One should try to offer the truth as a help, after all, CTs don't increase your fitness for life in any real way, not slap them in the face with it. If you want to help, that is.

#12 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Jul 03, 2011 - 15:10
(0)

CS Original

Good, points, both of you.

I guess we can sometimes get stuck in our own confirmation bias so much that we don't see things how they really are.

For example, there are many people who believe this is evidence that all those CTs are real:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNSMOuJxZrs

But isn't it just making fun of them? But they don't see it that way. It is creepy, though.

#13 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Jul 03, 2011 - 15:13
(0)

CS Original

Of course it's just making fun of them, but that's impossible to many heavy CTs, instead it's "They're just rubbing it in our faces!" It's only creepy if you actually believe anything regarding it, to most people it's just a joke.

#14 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Jul 03, 2011 - 15:14
(0)

CS Original

To me, it's only creepy that they'd put that in a kid's show because I don't think kids should have to learn about all that conspiracy stuff when they're that young

#15 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Jul 03, 2011 - 16:32
(0)

CS Original

They probably think that this is real evidence that Chaney is an alien:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KCXLGR6gNyE/SvOfzXJfypI/AAAAAAAAAGY/pYtGusJxtHM/s1600-h/dick-cheney-reptilian-cathy-obrien.jpg</p>

Anyway, I'm starting to see how stupid a lot of this stuff is...still questioning things, though.

But what about things like this:

http://www.lovethetruth.com/nwo/worship_dragon.htm</p>

Are they all guilty of what that article accuses them or are they just mixing it up with the ILY sign

#16 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Jul 03, 2011 - 19:13
(0)

Brainwashing you for money

Level: 15
CS Original

I even do that handsign sometimes when i am not paying attention, as i fiddle with my fingers and move my hands about. Plenty of people can be caught doing it if you take a frame from a video you could find numerous instances of a person making that hand sign.

Also in texas hookem horns are not satanic at all:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hook_%27em_Horns

Look at all the people there who are into rock music too those signs were intially made by rockers to scare the shit out of god fearing parents for dramtic effect, none of the artists were satan worshippers or human sacrificers. Since then its become synonymous with rocking out and people who arent even into rock music do it.

Its pretty much a meaningless pop culture symbol nowadays and to look at it in any other way is not consistent with reality.

Aso about the owl on the dollar bill at the bottom of the page that is debunked because if you look in other places on the bill the same 'owl' is there too, for instance its at the bottom of the dollar either side of the words 'ONE DOLLAR' and sidewards on the dollar bill[just above the number one bottom right on the bill], owls dont perch sideways so the notion that theres one owl on the bill hidden is bullshit. In fact its just where the lines of the pattern on it meet up in a fancy artistic manner.

#17 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jul 03, 2011 - 20:09
(0)

Level: 10
CS Original

I saw a documentary about a school which basically put the kids in a massive self help group therapy session. The point being that at one point they did that hand sign and said it was actually a sign of respect and love and they all had to show their fellow students some love and respect by showing them the hand sign. I'm not sure where that origin comes from but the point is these things grow and soon everyone is doing it and whatever the original meaning doesn't even matter anymore. Whether the original meaning was bad or good, it only matters why people do it nowadays.

Questionmark, it also needs to be said that most of the time the people you look to for this stuff use pictures of people that probably aren't even doing that hand sign anyway, its just a snapshot of a point in time where their hands happen to fall like that. Look at the one labeled "John Kerry campaigning in October of 2004" for example, his hands aren't even in that shape at all!! He just has his hands in the air!! If what Kerry is doing there is what is classed as a Satanic hand symbol then practically everyone does this multiple times a day, you may even be doing it right now!

They also talk about the Anton LaVey and the Church of Satan, yet its clear they really have no idea what the Church of Satan was. This wiki introduction puts it quite nicely:

Anton Szandor LaVey[1] (April 11, 1930 – October 29, 1997), born Howard Stanton Levey, was the founder of the Church of Satan as well as a writer, occultist, and musician. He was the author of The Satanic Bible and the founder of LaVeyan Satanism, a synthesized system of his understanding of human nature and the insights of philosophers who advocated materialism and individualism, for which he claimed no supernatural, metaphysical, or theistic inspiration.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_LaVey</p>

On the Church of Satan page is says:

According to Peter H. Gilmore, "Satanism begins with atheism. We begin with the universe and say, 'It’s indifferent. There’s no God, there’s no Devil. No one cares!'"[3]

Beliefs

The Church of Satan does not worship or support a belief in the Devil or other supernatural entities. "My real feeling is that anybody who believes in supernatural entities on some level is insane. Whether they believe in The Devil or God, they are abdicating reason," said Peter Gilmore.[3] Gilmore defines the word Satan: "Satan is a model or a mode of behavior. Satan in Hebrew means 'adversary' or 'opposer'; one who questions."[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Satan</p>

Still confused? The Church of Satan wasn't actually about worshipping Satan.

How can they get something so wrong Questionmark?

Then they promote the Bohemian Grove stuff by Alex Jones who claimed that the Owl was a demon representing Moloch/Molech yet Moloch was never represented as an Owl and I could find no references saying the character was represented as one apart from people quoting Alex Jones.

Why do these people have to lie and hype up these things to make their case? Why isn't the simplest explanation good enough for you? I told you to go through your past family pictures and TRY and look at them as if you were looking at these pictures. You WILL find people doing similar hand signs, but they aren't hand signs at all, or they are making gestures like they one you show here, which just means "rocking out", it doesn't mean your little cousin worships Satan it just means he wants to be cool.

#18 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JoePosted: Jul 03, 2011 - 20:25
(0)

CS Original

Vigilant Citizen is a joke and an idiot. Nothing says is even remotely true so who cares. Questionmark let me ask you a question; would you believe anything that David Icke says about Reptoids?

#19 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Jul 03, 2011 - 22:47
(0)

CS Original

I'm about to go to bed...but I thought i'd reply really quickly. I sort of thought it was probably just a "rock on" hand signal...but I guess I wasn't sure.

Don't have time for a full reply just yet...but if you want to see something that really riled up CTists, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmUrbL_KZEs

I admit, I don't see the masonic symbols that are supposedly there, though. It is a bit creepy how so many people bowed their heads with him...but I guess they took it as a joke. I think (and hope) it was just that. He made an ass of himself.

#20 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JoePosted: Jul 03, 2011 - 23:17
(0)

CS Original

My god it was a freaken joke. Questionmark rock and roll has always been seen as the so-called "devils music". Look at the expressions of the people in the audience it is being done in humor. The only reason that CTers are making a big deal about it is that a large cross-section CTers are also Jesus Freaks; just like the person that made the vid. Really if you can not see that it was a joke then man you are a freaken idoit.

#21 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
duncanlecombrePosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 02:07
(0)

Level: 2
CS Original

About that last video with Jack Black, he was advertising a game he did the voice in called "brutal legend" its even on his shirt. In the game he's a rock roadie that gets sucked into a heavy metal style hellish world and has to fight demons with the power of rock music and that axe he was carrying in the video. Jack Black is simply trying to plug his game, go look up the game and it will seem to make more sense.

The tom and jerry one however is a little freaky, i'd like to see that whole episode, but keep in mind just cause the producers believe some thing and put it in tom and jerry doesn't make it true.

Also about the hand sign thing ed mentioned earlier the hand with the to outer fingers pointing forward is an amalgamation of 2 other sigh language words. I could be incorrect but its something like the words "love" and "you". You will notice when people do this sign they are pointing at some one or a group. Polititions often do it to the crowd and its not evil because that's the official meaning. So if you see Obama doing that to the crown with both hands he's say "Love Ya All" with his hands basically. Keep in mind the satanic meaning has one hand doing that upward with the other doing something else (i forgot). If you gonna get all picky with hand signals you can't just find stuff that sorta fits.

#22 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 02:14
(0)

CS Original

Questionmark, if all of these videos, pictures, etc were evidence of people involved with whatever group(s), how many people do you realistically believe are involved in it? 25%? It'll be an awful lot, because no matter where you look, you see it.

The tom and jerry one however is a little freaky, i'd like to see that whole episode, but keep in mind just cause the producers believe some thing and put it in tom and jerry doesn't make it true.

What's with you guys? It's a fucking joke, making fun of people who believe and promote that. It's not any different than saying "omfg The Simpsons episode with the Stone Cutters is so creepy, the producers probably believe that stuff!" Don't be stupid.

#23 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
duncanlecombrePosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 02:27
(0)

Level: 2
CS Original

It just seems a little dark for tom and jerry, I also agree with you to a point, we really don't know what the creators intentions were, I was just saying in general "Assuming" its not a joke like you say that still doesn't mean its true. I would be reluctant to pass judgment on it unless I saw the whole episode.

#24 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 08:06
(0)

CS Original

I admit, I don't see the masonic symbols that are supposedly there, though. It is a bit creepy how so many people bowed their heads with him...but I guess they took it as a joke. I think (and hope) it was just that. He made an butt of himself.

Its probably creepy to Christians and hard core conspiracy theorists, but its clear it was a joke. So many Americans at award shows do the opposite and start thanking god. And metal music has always pretended to "worship Satan". Remember the Church of Satan wasn't actually about worshipping Satan and the guy who took over from LaVey said that anyone who believes in the supernatural is on some level insane. Its extremely tounge in cheek but these hardcore Christian conspiracy theorists don't notice. And yes Black was just plugging his game, conspiracy theorists never want to put anything into context.

#25 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 08:16
(0)

CS Original

I didn't find the Tom and Jerry one creepy at all, its not the original Tom and Jerry its the new series and they had these kinds of stories such as this. I know because I wasted a lot of time when I was younger watching lots of TV... According to this clip they worship the president of Hollywood... not weird except for what the CT's claim is the Illuminati symbol in the pyramid. So are Disney saying that the president of hollywood is a supernatural demon that leads the Illuminati? Would the scene be at all worth quoting if it didn't have that symbol? Maybe Disney's writers thought the pyramid thing looked cool and like a good symbol to use for the plot, maybe it was CT inspired because they know people think its a secret society symbol, what if the writer was a CT and wanted to put in some of his own beliefs into the cartoon. Certainly makes more sence than... wait... what is it CT's claim this meant to be about? The idea that makes the most sence to be is that its making fun of the idea that hollywood has a powerful demon running everything, the pyramid symbol is irrelevant.

The only creepy bit about it is the CTers that looped the end over and over.

#26 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 08:56
(0)

CS Original

Lots of good answers.

The CTers that I've seen get freaked out at the jack black clip tend to say, "the whole room bowed their heads with him!" I don't think that happened...it looked like it was the front row.

There's a longer clip of the Tom and Jerry episode that I didn't see til after...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0lC3Xo-uO8&feature=related

I think they were just mocking peoples beliefs

Oops...sorry...it's not in English. I saw one in English yesterday and now I can't find it.

#27 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JoePosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 09:37
(0)

CS Original

Again it is just a stupid cartoon; so who gives a fying freak.

#28 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 09:41
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

Analyzing Tom and Jerry, hilarious and sad.

#29 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 09:41
(0)

CS Original

QuestionMark, notice the title of the youtube video "Proof the Illuminati exists". That is what these people consider proof, as Joe says, its just "a stupid cartoon".

Also, notice the reason for the pyramid. It was some Egyptian god, yet CTers claim it is devil worship. So which is it? How is devil worship linked to the Egyptions? They just vomit out a bunch of nonsensical unrelated nonsense and try desperately to link it together to form some fantasy.

#30 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]