Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Why are there so few skeptics - Page 2

Tags: symbolism, lol retarded, New Age woo, goats, GOAT COCKS [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to David Icke and Interdimensional Reptoids | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 09:49
(0)

Level: 1
CS Original

Like I said, I think it was just making fun of it. I posted it more for duncanlecombre who seemed interested in seeing more

#31 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 11:09
(0)

CS Original

This is off topic and i'm considering making a thread for this...but there are also a lot of people who believe that those in power are the ones spreading New Age beliefs.

They say that hundreds those in power have been involved in the New Age stuff.

Have any of you ever heard of a book called The Men Who Stare at Goats...it's about the US military trying to use psychic powers to goats...and this idea was actually taken seriously by those higher up. I find that really disturbing.

Someone on Amazon said:

This is a fascinating tale about people who are completely nuts. Unfortunately, many of these people who are completely nuts hold or have held senior positions in the United States military. Ronson rarely writes a judgmental word, but allows his subject to speak for themselves--and hang themselves with their own words. (At least, that's the impression--obviously Ronson has selected which of their words to present.)

Ronson looks at ideas for a "First Earth Battallion" by soldier-turned-newage-marketing-guru Jim Channon, who proposed in 1979 that the military put greater emphasis on influencing people with alternative weapons such as paranormal abilities and music. Ronson traces the use of music in warfare to the use of loud music by the FBI at the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas and as a torture technique used by the U.S. military at Guantanamo Bay and in Iraq.

The book covers a wide-ranging territory of nuttiness, including Uri Geller (who is quoted in the book suggesting that he has been re-activated for use by the U.S. military), the remote viewers at Ft. Meade (Joe McMoneagle, Ingo Swann, Pat Price, Ed Dames, etc.), the non-lethal weaponry of UFO and paranormal investigator Col. John Alexander, the connections between the remote viewers and Courtney Brown--and then to Art Bell and Heaven's Gate, and the CIA's MKULTRA experiments and the death-by-LSD of Frank Olson and his son Eric's search for the facts about his death.

The book is alternately amusing and horrifying. It would be funny if this craziness wasn't taken so seriously by high-ranking officials who have put it into practice, wasting tax dollars and occasionally producing horribly unethical outcomes.

I highly recommend this book.

#32 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 11:41
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original

These are people who will find Illuminati symbolism in anything to connect the dots. I could probably put on one of DVDs of the 90s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and find what would pass for Illuminati symbolism.

Also, I find the charge that the New Age religion is part of the NWO to be absolutely hilarious. It's even more hilarious when you realize that a lot of New Agers subscribe to many of the same CT beliefs that Jonestown types do.

#33 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 12:20
(0)

Brainwashing you for money

Level: 15
CS Original

The men who stare at goats came from the fact that the military decided to investigate paranormal matters scientifically to see if there were any actual uses and truth to them, the fact that everything they did ended up becoming a dead end study and finally closed down should lead you to one conclusion.

There was nothing of any value to it and all the claims that state the government had super powered soldiers capable of remote viewing and killing people with stares are utterly preposterous.

#34 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 12:29
(0)

Level: 10
CS Original

Men Who Stare at Goats shows theres stupid people in the military, Maj General Albert "Bert" N. Stubblebine III is the guy who comically thought he could walk through walls who incidently is also a 911 Truther.

Uri Geller has been proven a fraud over and over again and people like James Randi has shown that people are very easy to fool, even scientists because they don't know how the trick is done.

#35 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 12:31
(0)

CS Original

Did they really smuggle in so many goats to try to kill them? How much of this is true. I can understand their looking into the paranormal to some extent. But some of the ideas they had were very strange. Why would the higher-ups even provide funding to support something like goat-killing with powers

On an amazon review someone claimed that the body of this information came from declassified documents. How much of this information was in the documents? Was the goat-killing in there? Or is that just a weird urban legend that those interviewed made up to mess with the author

#36 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 12:33
(0)

CS Original

Who cares what they did QuestionMark? There were some people in the military that believed some stupid crap and were high enough up to get public money to indulge their stupidity. That is all. Plenty of people believe psychic nonsense, how do you think this connects to devil worship and people that want to take over the world?

#37 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 12:35
(0)

CS Original

Oh, it was public money? I thought it was military funded. I guess I was mistaken?

#38 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 12:36
(0)

CS Original

.... where do you think the military get their money? Thin air?

#39 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 12:42
(0)

CS Original

No, but I thought you might have been saying that it was independent research or something by a couple of guys who happened to be in the military or something. Sorry for my dumb response. I'm still half asleep.

My point is, why would they waste money on trying to kill goats?

#40 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
KeppPosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 12:45
(0)

Level: 5
CS Original

all the claims that state the government had super powered soldiers capable of remote viewing and killing people with stares are utterly preposterous.

I've been told in person that the government has achieved "level 5 clones". Working together two of them are supposed to be able to lift an army tank. When I ridiculed this, I was told I was "being ignorant".

#41 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 12:50
(0)

CS Original

My point is, why would they waste money on trying to kill goats?

Read the book, even watching the overly dramatised film will give you some of an idea (though its not the same as the book). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC2TzspJn5A Those guys did it because they believed they could use psychic powers as a weapon. But the military itself is about as competent as any big company, money gets lost and money gets wasted in stupid projects and then later someone notices.

#42 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 12:51
(0)

CS Original

i don't believe that stuff about super soldiers either. I just think it's utterly bizarre to waste money on those things.

By the way, why was the goat chosen as the target of these "psychic powers"

#43 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 12:54
(0)

CS Original

I don't know, I haven't read the book yet, but Im sure it mentions it. Why is the question relevant? Is the goat symbolic of something, are you trying to make some kind of point?

#44 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
KeppPosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 12:57
(0)

Level: 5
CS Original

#45 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 13:10
(0)

CS Original

Good trailer for MWSAG:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4nzXt4QaYk&NR=1

:) I love Kevin Spacey's character

EDIT:

http://youtu.be/EbbtiCbPPts</p>

A featurette with Ron Jonson and the "real" story behind the movie and book.

#46 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 13:15
(0)

There ARE more sluts in public schools. Shut up and let me explain.

Level: 8
CS Original

I think the main problem here is that Questionmark seems to be working with the assumption that symbols have some sort of "power." It's sort of like saying chairs or tables have power to influence people. These symbols are only evil and influential if you believe they are.

#47 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 15:02
(0)

CS Original

When I ridiculed this, I was told I was "being ignorant".

kepp :Were you talking to Michael Jackson ?

#48 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 15:34
(0)

CS Original

Ed, interesting links. They seem to really believe animals were killed using their mind

#49 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 17:16
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

If people could kill each other with mind powers, you'd already be dead Questionmark.

#50 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jul 04, 2011 - 20:47
(0)

CS Original

Of course they believe it QuestionMark, they believe stupid things, no shortage of that in the world.

#51 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
duncanlecombrePosted: Jul 05, 2011 - 00:56
(0)

Level: 2
CS Original

I now why the goats were a target of the psychic powers, they were fainting goats, what I read about (I did not read the book BTW)was the guys involved were con men and got paid to "research" psycic powers for military use, they used fainting goats to make it look like they were making progress as they, well like to faint or something naturaly. This is all of the top of my head if anyone care's I can try to find the version of the story I read about.

#52 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
duncanlecombrePosted: Jul 05, 2011 - 01:00
(0)

CS Original

BTW I kinda get where Questionmark is coming from, you know nothing about CT's then you hear about them and you notice all the supposed symbols you never cared about before. After time when you realize what alternate meanings things have and are able to put things into context better it will make more sense. Youtube videos like to edit the source material to conform to their context that's why I like to try to view the material as a whole.

#53 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Jul 07, 2011 - 09:00
(0)

CS Original

That's interesting, duncanlecombre

I am interested in which version of the story you read. And If you can't find it, don't worry.

"BTW I kinda get where Questionmark is coming from, you know nothing about CT's then you hear about them and you notice all the supposed symbols you never cared about before. After time when you realize what alternate meanings things have and are able to put things into context better it will make more sense. Youtube videos like to edit the source material to conform to their context that's why I like to try to view the material as a whole."

That's exactly where I'm coming from

#54 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 07, 2011 - 09:02
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia</p>

Where you're coming from is nothing more than a simple brain malfunction. You can either accept that or continue being crazy.

#55 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 07, 2011 - 09:06
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

In regards to the goats:

A fainting goat is a breed of domestic goat whose muscles freeze for roughly 10 seconds when the goat is startled. Though painless, this generally results in the animal collapsing on its side. The characteristic is caused by a hereditary genetic disorder called myotonia congenita. When startled, younger goats will stiffen and fall over. Older goats learn to spread their legs or lean against something when startled, and often they continue to run about in an awkward, stiff-legged shuffle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fainting_goat</p>

So which is more likely? That someone can kill goats with mind powers or it was a simple con job? I know the answer already.

#56 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Jul 07, 2011 - 09:18
(0)

CS Original

^^^ SHILL, YOU WILL BELIEVE ANYTHING, STAY ASLEEP SHEEPLE

#57 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Jul 09, 2011 - 17:04
(0)

CS Original

the men who stare at goats:

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v19804260T8EsW73r

#58 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
alexastormPosted: Jul 09, 2011 - 20:45
(0)

Hybrid

@ Questionmark, To return to your original question, it's not that there are less skeptics, it's that the majority of people take less than a passing interest in this crap. I know very few people who have heard of Zeitgeist, most people I know brush off the ramblings of 9-11 truthers as a few fanatics. Most people are too busy with work and their lives to take any of this seriously. These same people spend very little time on the internet, being too busy with business to be bothered by cranks. They don't believe the stuff but they're too involved with other things to realize how deep the craziness runs.

#59 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]