Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Was Jared Loughner inspired by Zeitgeist? - Page 3

Tags: The Zeitgeist Movement, MOONBATTERY, Jared Loughner, gabrielle giffords [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to The Zeitgeist Movement | Reply to Topic ]
Inside JobPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 22:25
(0)

Level: 2
CS Original

I was just trolling matt. i have a little game that i like to play... it's called "see how many things you can say about america before matt calls you a bigot"

#61 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
BrentonPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 22:25
(0)

Level: 0
CS Original

Is there not some loud "reality beacon" sounding when your annual homicide rate (by guns alone) is greater than Italy, Switzerland, Australia, Japan, Canada, Finland, France, England, Wales, and Scotland combined overall homicide rate?

And by the way, this is per capita.

Western nation means of European (especially Western European) descent, thus having shared/similar values.

#62 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 22:30
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

"i have a little game that i like to play... it's called "see how many things you can say about america before matt calls you a bigot""

No you don't. You're just dumb.

#63 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Inside JobPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 22:33
(0)

CS Original

You keep telling yourself that, if it help you sleep at night.

#64 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
BrentonPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 22:33
(0)

CS Original

Innit that chart above a masterpiece? Innit it gorgeous?

#65 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 22:36
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Ah yes, a graphic with a very impressive array of dots.

#66 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
BrentonPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 22:38
(0)

CS Original

Ah yes, a graphic with a very impressive array of [truth telling] dots.

#67 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Inside JobPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 22:39
(0)

CS Original

did you join them to make a pretty picture? i got a butterfly

#68 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AKBastardPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 22:40
(0)

Level: 5
CS Original

Wasn't it Merola who said the United States was the most violent country in the world, or something along those lines?

EDIT: Not attempting to compare Brenton to Merola.

#69 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
BrentonPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 22:41
(0)

CS Original

He said in the Artivist interview I posted, that of all Western nations it's got 30-300 times more violence than others - which is what the graph above demonstrates.

#70 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 22:43
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Well clearly its an even more impressive array of dots.

#71 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
BrentonPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 22:44
(0)

CS Original

Whatever.

#72 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jan 21, 2011 - 04:34
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

CS Original

Matt your favorite holocaust denier Nanos says he's back on the CS site... Keep your eyes pealed lol

#73 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jan 21, 2011 - 04:34
(0)

CS Original

#74 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
BrentonPosted: Jan 21, 2011 - 04:56
(0)

CS Original

Way to post irrelevant crap. There's a PM feature for a reason, or even "add new topic". ;)

#75 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jan 21, 2011 - 04:58
(0)

CS Original

^WINGNUT!!!

#76 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
BrentonPosted: Jan 21, 2011 - 05:16
(0)

CS Original

*YAWN*

#77 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 21, 2011 - 06:36
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Actually Brenton, that's not what it shows at all. It shows gun violence compared to other countries. Nothing more. Of course a country with extremely lax gun laws is going to be higher in rates of gun related violence than the countries listed in that very impressive array of dots because the other countries listed don't.

But it doesn't show base rates of violence among those countries and it doesn't come close to showing base rates of violence world wide. Your graph does not take into account machete related violence in South Africa, nor really any other type of violence at all.

Merola is misrepresenting what it shows, and so are you. You're probably not doing it on purpose, but you're doing it nonetheless.

#78 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
BrentonPosted: Jan 21, 2011 - 06:43
(0)

CS Original

I didn't get this from Merola hon. And I don't see how I'm misrepresenting what is shows because in the post with the graph I specifically state that this is about guns alone. HOWEVER, the statement that this cannot be seen as a fair comparison because America has more lax gun laws doesn't stand up because this is put down to ratios to erase that possibility. It is the closest you could possibly get to an accurate representation because it erases the population difference problem and the lax gun laws issue by it's very construct.

You can try and reinterpret why it was posted and under what pretense I posted it, but that's pretty idiotic because I was very clear about it's parameters in my post.

#79 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 21, 2011 - 06:45
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

I already explained how you're misrepresenting it.

The United States most likely has more gun related violence than the other countries listed in the graph. That's probably true. But it doesn't mean what you think it means.

#80 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
BrentonPosted: Jan 21, 2011 - 06:46
(0)

CS Original

And what do I think it means?

And if you've already explained how I'm misrepresenting it, well, then, you haven't been very clear because I don't understand you or so how you've done so. Please repeat yourself, if you're so sure.

#81 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 21, 2011 - 06:49
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

You said:

"He said in the Artivist interview I posted, that of all Western nations it's got 30-300 times more violence than others - which is what the graph above demonstrates."

And I'm telling you that's not what this graph demonstrates. This graph demonstrates that the United States has more gun related violence than the other countries listed because the other countries listed do not have easy access to guns as a core cultural value.

Now, you can argue whether or not easy access to guns is a positive cultural value all you want. But you don't need to misrepresent dots to do it.

#82 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
BrentonPosted: Jan 21, 2011 - 06:59
(0)

CS Original

I didn't claim to be posting this graph in support of that. Someone mentioned what Peter said, and I knew what he said so I confirmed what he'd said.

This graph doesn't prove that the US has more gun crime because guns are more easily accessible (though the supporting documentation does list that as one factor) because it mathematically removes those problems. This graph removes that possibility when you look at the example of Switzerland which has more gun access, but even though there is more gun access significantly less gun crime. What this graph proves is that the US does have more gun crime and I'm sure more violence by ratio could be proven by other graphs (though I'll add that I'm not claiming this graph evidences that), by the way, ratios being what this graph is using to put it in the most simplistic way I can imagine.

#83 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 21, 2011 - 07:02
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

You confirmed that he was wrong about what he said, although I don't think you meant to.

I'm also extremely skeptical about your knowledge of math since you stated your film production class has too much of it.*

*It appears I misunderstood your point in another thread. You can disregard that. See, admitting error really isn't that bad.

#84 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
BrentonPosted: Jan 21, 2011 - 07:10
(0)

CS Original

Well, I don't agree that America is the most violent nation on Earth (although, if you wanted to get broad it is arguably based on it's military actions - but that's yet again a whole other discussion) and if that's what Peter was claiming then he's wrong but it's not my understanding that he was. I'll have to track down the specific quote if we're now gonna discuss what Peter said.

#85 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jan 21, 2011 - 08:38
(0)

CS Original

Not to inject into this "A" "B" conversation but I looked at this graph for two seconds and I have to say it's a crook of shit.

@Beauty Killer

I have to say Beauty Killer you probably got that graph from a very bias antigun website somewhere and this probably isn't the first time you threw that very misleading graph on the internet.

I need to be able to see the information below the graph that explained more in depth what the graph is about, just because you say this graph is this and that doesn't mean it's so. People make mistakes to, unlike Dr. Peter Joseph Merola.

First thing I wonder that you nor the graph state as a disclaimer is to if this graph is proportionally based, meaning just because the U.S. has more people than Switzerland doesn't mean the U.S. will have more gun violence in relevance proportionality wise compared to Switzerland.

Second in your spare time look into how many people ever report violence in the U.S. or any countries. I understand this graph is global firearm deaths that you try to pass off as violent acts committed but just in general think about how many unreported VIOLENT cases go unreported in such places as Africa, Mexico etc... I think that will give you a better understanding of why I think this graph misrepresenting.

Also I have to ask my self the global firearms death research was conducted over what period of time? In general I would of like to of known how they conducted their research which isn't anywhere on their at all. It simply matter if they collected third party data and mashed it into their paper because then you may have Global firearms death of Australia from the 1950's (outdated) versus trying to compare that with global firearm updates of the U.S. from the 1960's.

You can't just simply put up a graph and expect people to believe you basically. I understand that's how Dr. Peter Joseph Merola rolls but that's not how I roll.

#86 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jan 21, 2011 - 08:38
(0)

CS Original

double post

#87 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 21, 2011 - 09:06
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

I'm inclined to agree with Bill.

This impressive array of dots isn't sourced. We have no idea where you got it from, but I suspect Bill's right and it came from an anti-gun group with an agenda to push.

#88 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Jan 21, 2011 - 10:20
(0)

HAIL HYDRA

Level: 6
CS Original

http://www.economist.com/node/11708865</p>

Here's a break down of knife violence by countries. The homicide rate in the US is appallingly high (not that everyone and their grandmother didn't already know that) but you'll notice that the order of things flip about. Context is key.

Now, for a global context:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_percap-crime-murders-per-capita</p>

Source is included on this webpage.

#89 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jan 21, 2011 - 10:47
(0)

Level: 10
CS Original

I don't agree with most of the "gun nuts" reasons for wanting guns... they seem to think that they need a gun on them so they can stop crime like a super hero and stop government controlling the people or something. What a load of crap.

#90 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]