Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Zeitgeist III: Moving Forward - Page 2

Tags: zeitgeist, The Zeitgeist Movement, TZM, Jared Lee Loughner, zeitgeist 3 debunked, zeitgeist III debunked, zeitgeist moving forward debunked, the zeitgeist movement debunked [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to The Zeitgeist Movement | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jan 25, 2011 - 17:53
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Level: 5
CS Original

heh, I looked at a page explaining all the key people in the Zeitgeist Movement and one of my favorite (not really) pseudo doctors came up which is paradigm. I remember all the debates two that stand out the most which is their is no such thing as aids and he'll more than happy to receive blood from someone who has aids, the second one is that female dogs and humans should not be having menstruation cycles.

I just remember the times at which I was trying to explain reality and he giving me pseudo websites and trying to pass that off as fact to me and everybody. I also remember when Paradigm would often cuss me out (remember it really well in the aids debate) and thunder would do nothing but when I refuted and debunked all his craziness and told him he needs to do better research thunder goes off and banns me rather than the person spreading pure BS pseudo science BS.

When I enter these discussion I never try to change someones thoughts but he spreads disinformation around to everybody I had to at least give people a form of reality but paradigm often doesn't allow me to speak and often would cut me off with pseudo science BS and thunder would just back him up and tell me to shut it...

I have to put this out their someone that makes me rage at night is in fact not a Tanktop, a Peter or a thunder but a paradigm. By far one of the worst people I've dealt within TZM.

#31 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
domokatoPosted: Jan 25, 2011 - 17:58
(0)

Level: 4
CS Original

Oh Zeitgeist, sometimes I miss having people try to oppress me over the internet.

#32 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jan 25, 2011 - 18:04
(0)

CS Original

Domokata it's okay to take blood from people with AIDS because paradigms says so based off some third party website and his ultimate pseudo intellect.

Paradigm is by far one of the worst people I've come across...

#33 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Evil ElvisPosted: Jan 26, 2011 - 02:29
(0)

STFU!

Level: 1
CS Original

It is available since yesterday, I wonder how many click Peter will claim to have this time. Probably more than Facebook.

#34 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
KeppPosted: Jan 26, 2011 - 17:15
(0)

CS Original

I'm attempting to watch a little of it now.

I wonder how many new potheads TZM picks up with Moving Forward.

#35 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 26, 2011 - 17:44
(1)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

Too many.

#36 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Evil ElvisPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 03:30
(0)

STFU!

CS Original

Apparently my neighbor in one of those nuts, he saw me read a magazine yesterday and told me how stupid it is to waste resources on some bullshit propaganda that is available online anyway. I told him the magazine in question is Rolling Stone and he should be happy that people read that hippie crap. Then I got a lecture on this new world that is coming, he was surprised when I said Zeitgeist. So now it is below average unemployed pot heards they're recruiting - great, I guess that is the force behind Fresco's machinery.

#37 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 08:42
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original

"Then I got a lecture on this new world that is coming, he was surprised when I said Zeitgeist"

Not sure I'm understanding, so I just want to check. Does he believe in some New World Order or is he a Zeitgeister and wants an RBE world?

I'm not sure what's the worst...the world as it currently is, a NWO takeover, or a TZM takeover.

#38 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Evil ElvisPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 09:38
(0)

STFU!

CS Original

NWO through ZG beliefs such as no money, RBE, etc. It all boils down to sad, pathetic people who are arrogant enough to believe they are changing the world. What the're doing is making me reinforce my windows and buy a rail-gun.

#39 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EricPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 09:57
(0)

Oooh baby, baby, baby, baby, ... EEE baby, baby, baby.

CS Original

I don't mind that someone essentially ripped off my review because they posted a link to the site, that's what matters: backlinks!

#40 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 10:09
(0)

Level: 10
CS Original

"ZEITGEIST: MOVING FORWARD | OFFICIAL RELEASE | 2011"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z9WVZddH9w

"Why I Advocate The Zeitgeist Movement by Peter Joseph"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5kU2RBKFPM

also

Moving Forward teaser
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wF4sJ4krLI

The bit at the end of the teaser is SUPER cheesy and made even more cheesy by the music.

#41 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 10:14
(0)

CS Original

Peter is doing a concept based on Ted Talk lecture (not going to find ti right now), where in the ted talk they say the must successful business ask why not how they do things and they sell the "why" versus "how it's so good to people" apparently (not surprising) selling the why is a bigger emotional people than the how. Their is a Ted Talk someone basically explaining how to give the best sales pitch.

#42 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 10:17
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

TED Talks aren't inherently worth a shit. I've seen quite a few dumbass TED Talks.

#43 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
domokatoPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 13:35
(0)

CS Original

Watching it now on YouTube. He seems to be arguing that genetics does not predetermine behavior or illness (mostly). Okay, assuming that's true, that still doesn't mean that an anarchic society can be designed in such a way that it can discourage undesirable behavior to the point where the society is workable, which is what would be required for an RBE to function. This is a huge argument to make and I seriously doubt it can be done.

One of the interviewees was even careful to make a distinction between predetermination and predisposition. Genetic predispositions will still exist and cause problems.

EDIT: I gotta say, it's nice to actually have some science in his movies for once. Also, the production quality of the intro stuff was quite good.

#44 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
domokatoPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 17:24
(0)

CS Original

lol what? Adam Smith meant "God" when he was talking about the "invisible hand"? The CT is starting to shine through...

EDIT: Financial institutions add 0 value to society? Try starting a business without some seed money. What a liar.

EDIT: "Money sequence of value" and "life sequence of value" don't seem to be common terms as Google searches return very few relevant results, so I don't really know what they're talking about here...

EDIT: LMAO, more sick people = better GDP. This is soooo stupid. And more industrial inefficiency = more GDP? That doesn't even make sense. At all.

#45 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
domokatoPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 17:54
(0)

CS Original

Oh, here we go with this cyclical consumption/planned obsolescence crap. We've been over this so much yet Peter refuses to recognize that you CAN'T make every fucking table out of titanium just because it'll last forever. Resources have value and therefore cost, whether or not we have prices associated with them! Get rid of money and you will be left with the same problems of resource valuation and allocation - they won't go away. Resources won't magically become abundant. And you won't be able to build titanium tables responsibly.

EDIT: And I'll go over planned obsolescence again for good measure. The short of it is, IT DOESN'T WORK. It's a bad strategy to adopt in all situations except when you have a monopoly. Why? Because you have competitors that will make longer lasting products than you, and they will steal your customers when your products break early.

#46 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
domokatoPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 18:34
(0)

CS Original

Peter claims children are dying of starvation due to our current economic system. In the Wikipedia article on poverty, it states that "about 1.7 billion people live in absolute poverty; before the industrial revolution, poverty had mostly been the norm[3][4]" (citing Encyclopedia Britanica and a book, so I can't link sources), and that economic growth is the key to poverty reduction [http://www.cato.org/research/articles/vas-0109.html]. Point being, contrary to Peter's claim, our current system has actually lifted people out of the poverty that was the norm at the time.

#47 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
domokatoPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 18:47
(1)

CS Original

Whoever this old dude is, he's claiming that lending with interest "creates money" and you have to create even more money to pay for that created money or something, which doesn't really make sense. But yes, you have to print money, but that's because human labor also creates value and therefore economic growth and if you don't create money to match that growth, you end up with deflation and eventually a deflationary spiral. So there's nothing inherently irrational or wrong about printing money to match economic growth. In fact, it makes a lot of sense to do so.

EDIT: Oh, he's still on this money = debt thing. Sigh. This equation doesn't make any fking sense really. If money = debt, then you're paying back debt with debt? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Or how about paying back money with debt? lol. It's really pretty simple: the point of lending with interest is so both parties benefit. The lender gets some return on investment, and the indebted gets some money to use to create something that will get him more money. Where is the problem with this? I don't see it.

EDIT: Peter claims debt doesn't really exist. Sure, just like how words don't really exist. Or ideas. Or verbal contracts. What a meaningless thing to say.

EDIT: What? Make computers modular and make each module upgradable and interchangeable according to standards? You mean like how they currently are!? Great idea!!

#48 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Evil ElvisPosted: Jan 28, 2011 - 04:39
(0)

STFU!

CS Original

basically their 'overview' of the financial market is as superficial as can be. I was also amused that A. Smith in fact referred to God when he wrote about the invisible hand. But the production this time is decent, I disagree with most of the 'scientists' involved but all in all - much better that Z1. Still a load of crap though which Merola clearly admits with the pathetic ending.

#49 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 28, 2011 - 07:09
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Of course there's better production. TZM is a cash cow.

#50 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Evil ElvisPosted: Jan 28, 2011 - 08:36
(0)

STFU!

CS Original

Now that is outrageous, how dare you, mere $5 per DVD is a bargain! A bargain, you hear! Do you know how hard it is to burn a copy, how many puppies and trees need to die for just one copy :-)

#51 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Evil ElvisPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 06:44
(0)

STFU!

CS Original

Apparently there was an after party after the Z3 projection in the cinema, 50 or so people got drunk: smoked Marlboro and pot, drank beer and groped each other's balls until 5AM congratulating each other on successful step number 17 being achieved. How the hell did I miss such a spectacular gathering :-)

#52 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Feb 01, 2011 - 08:25
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original

From the sound of it, Z3 doesn't bring in any real experts. Only pseudoexperts who know pseudoscience and pseudohistory.

Yeah, seeking out respected credentialed experts.

#53 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
SkyPosted: Feb 01, 2011 - 09:25
(0)

Level: 3
CS Original

There were lots doctors and professors in the movie, most of them seemed pretty normal, not crackpots or anything. I doubt most of them support the Venus Project or anything like that, they were probably just eager be interviewed about their fields of study. Like for example one engineer is in the movie talking about 3d printers and stuff of that naure, of course this really didn't have much to do with anything except "we'll use 3d printers in a resource based economy".

As for the movie itself, all I have to say is that it was boring and forgetable. It probably is the best Z movie simply for having the least ammount of lies and distortions in it. However Z1 was far more entertaining and Z2 seems like better propaganda for explaining TZM and getting people interested. "Zeitgeist: Moving Forward" actually seemed like an addendum to "Zeitgeist: Addendum" more than anything.

#54 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Feb 01, 2011 - 09:35
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original

^Fair nuff. But it seems a lot of the 'experts' were used in the way you described. More or less brought in for the sake of being brought in, but it seems they didn't provide any real 'support'. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

That said, Dr. Mate and Michael Ruppert are not people to be considered experts, and it seems TZM does.

#55 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Evil ElvisPosted: Feb 01, 2011 - 09:38
(0)

STFU!

CS Original

One of these 'experts' claims that illnesses such as schizophrenia are not genetic at all. He also says that behavior depends on surroundings and I agree on that.

#56 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Feb 01, 2011 - 09:40
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original

^That was Dr. Mate. I think he's wrong about the genetics issue, but certainly environment plays a role in how a person develops.

#57 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Feb 01, 2011 - 10:54
(0)

CS Original

We all know that enviroment plays a very important role, its that the ZGM and the Venus Project underplay just how much of a role genetics has.

"There's no human nature, just human behaviour" - Roxanne Meadows

Basically, there's no such thing as instinct... uh yes there is Roxy.

I still haven't got round to see thing this yet.

#58 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Feb 01, 2011 - 10:56
(0)

CS Original

This may have been mentioned but which "expert" in ZG:MF is a big 911 conspiracy theorist? (not Ruppert) John someone

I think it would be fun to make a collection of all the experts and point out which ones are crazy (like Michael Ruppert and the other guy I'm thinking of)

EDIT: John McMurtry
http://tinyurl.com/6x7w3g8

#59 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
domokatoPosted: Feb 01, 2011 - 12:15
(0)

CS Original

Dr Mate was just interviewed on NPR. He talked about how people who were abused as children are much more likely to have an addictive personality, or something like that. He sounds like he's done his research, but that he's also somewhat in the fringe.

That being said, even if I accept his theses, it lends no support to TZM. His ideas, if true, could be used for the benefit of any system, capitalist or RBE. If ZMF is trying to claim, "see! People are blank slates that we can bend to fit into our crazy RBE system!" I think they still have a long way to go before they can really say that. For example, they still haven't gone over the science of motivation, getting people to work for free, getting people not to commit crimes, etc. At most they've shown that schizophrenia and addiction might be avoidable, which is great if true. But the sheer magnitude of what they're trying to prove (that an RBE society can function) makes it a near impossible task.

#60 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]