Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - TZM is destined to fail, here's how not to (Message to Peter on the new TZM forum) - Page 2

(Someone linked me this on my blog)

[ Add Tags ]

[ Return to The Zeitgeist Movement | Reply to Topic ]
JimJesusPosted: Mar 27, 2013 - 00:09
(0)

Bacon Pancakes! Making Bacon Pancakes, take some Bacon and I'll put it in a Pancake! Bacon Pancakes that's what it's gonna make...Bacon Pancaaaaaake!! ♪

Level: 3
For the efforts Peter Joseph puts into his "Culture in Decline" series, the returns are very poor. A few ten thousand views is not going to inspire anything.
This is misleading. There are 730,324 total views of the Culture in Decline series so far.

Talk about number manipulation.

All together that's 730,941 views for the 4 episodes. That doesn't account for repeat views, individual viewership, or people who just watched the first minute and said "fuck this shit"

A more fair representation of viewership would be the subscribers. i.e. the people who liked the videos they saw enough to subscribe to more videos: 18,593

Now let's be even more generous and assume 1/2 of those people don't have YouTube accounts, or don't subscribe for whatever reason and double that and you still only have 37,186

That's not even half of a 6 digit number. Sorry, dude's right.
#31 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Mar 27, 2013 - 03:13
(2)

Level: 6
CS Original
I've talked to many friends and acquaintances in person, posted things in Facebook & other forums to spread awareness, and taken robotics courses. Are you saying you've done those kinds of things too? Please answer my question, mention at least one thing (specifically).

Oh wow. in that case I've done more than you. Nice work keyboard warrior

#32 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
ClockPosted: Mar 27, 2013 - 15:52
(0)

:')

Level: 5
It would seem as if I've struck a nerve when it comes to my post. I'm not quite sure what I was thinking when I wrote that one, but in the way it was written I feel as if I pulled it out of my bottom. MY QUESTION:

Why is TZM still a popular topic despite being covered already? Why so much interest in something that has lost interest? I am new to this website, but what is the motivation? To make it dissapear in its entirety?
#33 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
ClockPosted: Mar 27, 2013 - 15:59
(0)

:')

Quote from The Burger King

@Clock I do not mind someone finding something relevant to talk about when it comes to TZM or anything else. I don't mind talking about TZM but it is the same old, same old, there pretty much and at times can be redundant. At that I find talking about chemtrails which is what metabunks was founded upon to be tiresome and a bit more absurd to even contemplate giving any rational thought on as well. 13,026 post on chemtrails on the metabunks category in a span of of a few years. I mean how much could a group talk about lines being made by planes across the sky?

I'm not downing chemtrail talk once so ever however I am saying that everybody is different. I or you may not find relevance in particular topics but others do and I welcome them to post it up. I'm not perfect sometimes I just don't get it and simply say it in a thread but that doesn't mean a individual should stop posting there problems with the Illuminati and rap music or whatever it is, as someone else may pickup the slack and add rational thought and a possible debunk to the conversation.

Keep in mind as well that some members within SP use to be in, work with, or subjected to TZM dogma, and they may find more relevance in TVP and TZM topics then others. They joined SP because of the debunking articles on the SP site and at that SP was and still is the only good debunking of TZM movies. Not that it's anything great but skeptoid mentioned SP in one of his shows which was about Zeitgeist and the majority of the work he referenced was either off SP directly or off Edward L. Winstons articles on TZM. There seems to be a theme where someone asks "omg where is a debunk on TZM" then someone links the skepticproject.com site, that theme is still going around the internet even today.

I hate to say it but SP is some-type of authority when it comes to TVP, TZM or anything affiliated with it. TZM is not the main topic we talk about or what the majority of SP members talk about (check SP facebook, we talk more about Alex Jones than anything else).

If you want to talk about chemtrails or something then please go ahead and do so as well. For me within TVP and TZM or anything affiliated with it I observe mostly money issues such as donations and at one point I was working on a rbe criteria list. These groups are not the only groups I observe and talk about as I have observed/talked about groups such as Scientology, Amway, David Ike, etc...

About Muertos, Someone e-mailed me some stuff on him, and as I do not want to get into details out of respect for Muertos and because frankly it's none of my business, the reason he left the debunking community is to focus more on his personal life. He would still be debunking today if it wasn't for wanting to focus on other things that are more important to him in his real life rather than his virtual life.

---

Actually, I don't spend that much time on the chem trails section on Metabunk. You will most of the time see me on the conspiracy theories section. (I'm not sure what does go on in that section, I rarely take a look myself) The reason why chem-trails are so big on that science is because the creator (mick) is his favorite conspiracy theory. Some of you may know him from the website Contrail Science (which is also his website) Maybe TZM is Skeptic Projec's favorite conspiracy theory?
#34 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Mar 27, 2013 - 16:25
(0)

Brainwashing you for money

Level: 15
CS Original
You haven't struck a nerve Clock, you are just asking people to stop talking about something. It's as if you came along and asked everyone to shut up, even if you didn't mean it that way.

TZM is dead, and it may appear to be beating a dead horse to you, and perhaps it actually is, but they recently had their annual cult festival which was worth at least a little poking fun at. Also every now and then something of interest happens there. You don't have to participate in the discussions about it if you find them trivial, but it's probably a bit out of order to request no one else does. If a topic comes up it comes up, that is all there is to it.
#35 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JimJesusPosted: Mar 27, 2013 - 17:38
(0)

Bacon Pancakes! Making Bacon Pancakes, take some Bacon and I'll put it in a Pancake! Bacon Pancakes that's what it's gonna make...Bacon Pancaaaaaake!! ♪

Level: 3
I only post about TZM or TVP when it's something worth a discussion. If Merola does another shitty lecture or of Fresco does another incoherent ramble at TEDx I could care less. But when it comes time to show the few remaining idiots how fringe they really are compared to last year, or if one starts spouting insane or dangerous ideas, or if one of the flock publicly challenges Merola on his own forums; I'll post to see what you think. It used to be if Fresco or Merola said something demonstrably false or silly, there would be a topic on it, but those days are long over.
#36 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Mar 27, 2013 - 18:16
(1)

Level: 6
CS Original
I'm actually interested in alternative economics and TZM just happens to be the cargo cult of that field.
#37 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Mar 27, 2013 - 22:19
(1)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

CS Original
@Clock

"It would seem as if I've struck a nerve when it comes to my post. I'm not quite sure what I was thinking when I wrote that one, but in the way it was written I feel as if I pulled it out of my bottom. MY QUESTION:"

I don't have a problem with it. I know you are a typical yippidy Canadian like Vasper or even Stefan Molynuex, who screams about their freedoms/rights/points and says "What aboot my freedoms ehhh? What aboot my rights ehhh? What aboot my points ehhh?", to the extent that your giving the appearance that your point/s, freedoms, rights are being suppressed and undermined. Well no one is forcing you to post in topics you don't find relevance in, as far as I know you are not being suppressed, and you have as much rights as anybody else on SP eehhhh.

"Actually, I don't spend that much time on the chem trails section on Metabunk."

I don't really care if you spend your every waking day on chemtrails or little incriminates of time of the week on it. Chemtrails are line/s across the sky made by planes, the idea someone would believe there is a sinister plot behind it is absurd.

"Why is TZM still a popular topic despite being covered already?

It's not. Check the SP group facebook.

"Why so much interest in something that has lost interest?"

I'd reflect the question back at you when it comes to chemtrails. I've not met a lot of believers in chemtrailers but in TVP and TZM it seems at one point in time as far as I can spit I came across TVPers and TZmer on a random webforum promoting there ideology. We're giving it as much interest in it as anything else, though as I have reluctantly said previously that SP is the authority when it comes to TVP and TZM do to nearly any mention of TZM debunk defers to this site. I gave more reasons in the previous post. Check back at that as well.

"I am new to this website, but what is the motivation??"

Well your new on metabunks as well as you just joined on Nov 2012, only being 5 months onto that site; it seems your new to the skeptic scene in general let alone the debunking scene (I don't have a problem with it and I could be wrong that your new please correct me if you are not).

"To make it dissapear in its entirety?"

sure

"Maybe TZM is Skeptic Projec's favorite conspiracy theory?"

Again check back at my previous post. Jossos (who this post topic is about) who is in disbelief about TZM because of information said on SP is a good reason. Though I do not think anybody has as you say a "favorite conspiracy theory" here. I can't imagine anybody smiling when they have to write a debunk on something that they think is completely off base or non-rational thinking. I'd rather that people did not believe in such non-rational thinking, but they do.
#38 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]