Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - A coupla gems from a ZM post about "trolls."

[ Add Tags ]

[ Return to The Zeitgeist Movement | Reply to Topic ]
MuertosPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 10:26
(0)

Paid Disinformation Blogger

Level: 14
CS Original

http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=99999&func=view&catid=231&id=266657

They're talking mostly about the Anonymous YouTubers, but I LOL'd at a couple of statements.

Peter Joseph is unfortunately likely to discover, that his behavioural model can't completely account for the Internet; there are some people here who don't behave badly due to environmental stimulus, but a lot of the time, sadly, it's because they're just plain mentally ill.

I feel so warm and fuzzy inside when I know they're talking about us!

whats' important is to remember that these people actually think 911 was done by CAVE DWELLERS. their mad that we know who did it for real, and we have a SOLUTION.

Another example of 9/11 Twoof being alive and well in the Zeitgeist Movement.

it took me over 100 tries to pass the test, but it was worth it. if people want to talk on a free forum to discuss the FUTURE, they need to put the work in. pepole who make cheat sheets are probably the same people who have degrees and think they're smart.

100 tries??!??! This nimrod wants to post on the ZM forums so bad that he kept coming back after getting his ass handed to him 100 times by Merola's test? And that's even WITH the cheat sheet?

I wish we had smilies on this board, I'd post a little laughing face!

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JoePosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 10:42
(0)

Level: 8
CS Original

"pepole who make cheat sheets are probably the same people who have degrees and think they're smart."
What do they think we do in college anyway? It's "people".

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 10:49
(0)

Level: 6
CS Original

One guy about Nanos:

"the guy was a TROLL. why do you want TROLLS to be allowed here? the test is a good thing. in fact, i think we should have to have people donate money along with taking the test. that way we would have people who are legitymate members"

That's why group behavior scares the shit out of me.

TZM is pretty good at using basic Blair Warren strategies though, that amount of devotion is kinda impressive. I don't care if they do it intentionally or not.

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
NanosPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 11:54
(0)

Level: 0
CS Original

You know, I think its very unfair that everyone isn't forced to take the test..

Or would that reduce the forums to even more of a ghost town.. :-)

> i think we should have to have people donate money along with taking the test.

I think thats an excellent idea, charge for each test taken, that will raise money ;-)

Even trolls will be helping then..

> I'm quite surprised Nanos was banned. I never considered him to be a troll.
> In fact in some cases he made good points. However I do not know fully the
> circumstance surrounding his ban, and therefore cannot say much on behalf or
> against him.

That'll be the straw that broke PJ's back, when I asked how come he didn't tell us how he made his money so we can have a nice appartment like him..

For some reason he got upset by that.

Seemed only fair to me, I thought we was supposed to help each other on the forums, and being so many of us are poorer than PJ, why isn't he sharing some of his wisdom, experience and information on how to avoid poverty. (Perhaps his brother pays the rent, oh if only a sibling to spounge off!)

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 11:58
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

Did it ever occur to Zeitgeisters that the reason so many people troll them is because they spend so much time invading other peoples' forums to spam their message? Or that the reason so many people troll them is because they screw up online polls by having Zeitgeisters spam the crap out of it with sockpuppet votes?

Probably not.

For example, look what they've done here:

http://www.tvo.org/cfmx/tvoorg/theagenda/index.cfm?page_id=1085

Its pretty fucking obvious what they've done. No subtlety at all.

#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
NanosPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 12:07
(0)

CS Original

Oh, this might amuse you:

http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=99999&func=view&catid=268&id=272044

Anarchy said:

> IRC appears to be offline
>
> It is down cause, im done running the dead irc. Tanktop had me lock it down to
> nothing, i feel like an ass for helping him code that password thing, i have watched
> since feburary at it dieing, i refuse to run it with such idiotacy. My simple
> protections of Blsb, bopm, and defender where enough to stop idiots like bill,
> codie etc. But he refused to listen on the password so i give up.
>
> Tank if you find someone else to run it, have them "ls" and read the newowner(etc
> forgot what the name was) file. It will help them, Good luck zm, Please dont fail
> as i have a feeling it will.

Another happy customer..

I mean, another type 3 troll soon about to be banned no doubt..

Also in the thread which might be useful to some is:

>(Some) Finnish chapter members have moved back to #zeitgeist.fi@ircnet

#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
NanosPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 12:09
(0)

CS Original

> so many people troll them

Trouble is, there are actually so few real trolls there, the vast majority of people labelled trolls are just above average intelligent folk, often with experience of the real world a bit more so than the average TZM member, and who have a tendancy to not play yesman games and voice their opinions.

I worst, I think I might have seen one single troll only on TVP/TZM turf in the last 5 years.

#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 12:15
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Every single mod in ZM is awful. I think the only reason they moved to this anonymous moderating system was to avoid anyone having to take responsibility for the shit leadership.

#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
MuertosPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 12:20
(0)

CS Original

For example, look what they've done here:

http://www.tvo.org/cfmx/tvoorg/theagenda/index.cfm?page_id=1085

Its pretty fucking obvious what they've done. No subtlety at all.

That is absolute bullshit.

What they've done on this poll, I mean, not your post. Internet polls are crap anyway, but this is just beyond retarded.

#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 12:22
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

They don't understand why that is a bad idea. And they wouldn't understand it if you tried to explain it to them either.

#10 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
NanosPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 12:34
(0)

CS Original

> http://www.tvo.org/cfmx/tvoorg/theagenda/index.cfm?page_id=1085

I'm not sure they realise what can of worms they will be opening by suggesting this, as I'm pretty sure their idea's will be riped to pieces and they will just come off as lunatics.

Still, I suppose it might be a wake up call..

Though, it would be more useful if the one currently at number 5 got to number 1..

> Using geothermal energy for electrcal generation and ground source heat pumps
> for home and business space heating

Though this could easily apply to TVP as well, if they let it..

Its at least nice to see them making an effort, pity they didn't bother too much when I could have done with some votes for my solar vehicle on CNBC, but then, I don't imagine they think thats going to change the world like their plan is..

#11 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
NanosPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 12:35
(0)

CS Original

> Every single mod in ZM is awful.

I can't say I found Gman awful at all as one example, and that German woman whose name begins with M whilst a bit dizzy at times, isn't too bad either.

I'd more say, most mods in ZM are awful..

#12 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 12:36
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Mass spamming an online poll is not effort.

Groups of teenagers have been raiding on the Internet for years. Its their group beating another group.

This is nothing more than that.

#13 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
NanosPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 12:37
(0)

CS Original

A poll is a poll, it doesn't become spammed just because lots of people vote for one particular thing.

Now, if it was just a handful of people fiddling the voting, that would be another matter..

#14 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
NanosPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 12:38
(0)

CS Original

Thats like someone accused of being a witch pointing the finger at the person who pointed to them in the first place and calling them witch back!

#15 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 12:38
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

"Now, if it was just a handful of people fiddling the voting, that would be another matter.. "

Okay well I guess you didn't spend very long fiddling with their voting system.

I did, and I can promise you that it was not 5k unique votes. It is very, very easy to vote multiple times.

#16 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
NanosPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 12:40
(0)

CS Original

Being that I don't fiddle with voting systems, I wouldn't know :-)

As your more knowledgable about this aspect than I, I bow to your superiority.

I suppose it was a bit much to imagine that 5,000+ TZM members actually bothered to do something...

#17 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 12:42
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

I don't spend my time online fiddling with voting systems, but I did check out how easy it was to fool this one into letting me vote for something multiple times. And it wasn't hard.

Not a matter of superiority, its a matter of being skeptical.

#18 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
MuertosPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 12:42
(0)

CS Original

I seriously doubt were 5,000 individual Zeitgeisters who clicked on that site. They're not even close to that coordinated.

It's obviously fixed.

#19 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 12:46
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

I followed the poll for a few days. TZM/TVP was consistently behind the other topics listed but maintaining a steady number of votes, so for a time they were honestly voting. Then I checked it after coming home from work one day and the number had leaped to five thousand in the span of a few hours.

#20 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
NanosPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 12:58
(0)

CS Original

I think you could get 5,000+ if PJ bothered to email all 400,000+ on his mailing list and told them to do so.

In my time chatting to TZM folk as they came and went, I met at least several thousand who would be commited to do something, if only someone told them what..

So, did PJ send out an order to do something just beforehand ? (I doubt his radio address would have that effect as so few people listen to it nowdays..)

Talking of which, how come they appear to keep listener figures so they can shout about how more people are listening to it than ever before!

#21 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 13:10
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Yeah Nanos, because its easier to get 5k Zeitgeisters to do something than for 5 Zeitgeisters to rig an online poll with no security.

Hurr durr.

#22 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
MuertosPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 13:16
(0)

CS Original

If there had been a massive campaign to get 5,000 people to spam an Internet poll, it seems that there would be at least one mention of such an effort on their forum.

Granted, I haven't looked, but this strikes me as a pretty low-level target even for Zeitgeisters. No, most likely it's one or a small group of people just hitting a button on their computer multiple times.

#23 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 13:20
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

If they had managed to honestly coordinate five thousand people there would be evidence that something of that magnitude was undertaken. But there isn't, and certainly not in the time frame that those votes appeared.

And if there was you can be damn sure they would gloat about it and rightly so, because that would be genuinely impressive. Instead it looks suspicious.

#24 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 13:35
(0)

Brainwashing you for money

Level: 15
CS Original

It seems again they did not read the terms:

http://www.tvo.org/TVO/WebObjects/TVO.woa?termsofuse

User Conduct and Rules of Netiquette

As a visitor/user of this site, you represent and warrant that you have reached the age of majority and possess the legal capacity to enter into this agreement, and that you have all necessary rights in and to the postings you submit.

kids arent old enough to vote.

You further warrant and represent that:
You will not post or link to any material that violates the rights of others, be they their privacy, publicity, intellectual property or proprietary rights;

Violating TVP's intellectual property and Jacques claims to his videos and shit

Submissions

This site contains an interactive component which enable visitors/users to post comments and information, hereinafter referred to as Submission(s).

You hereby grant TVO a royalty-free, perpetual, unrestricted, irrevocable and worldwide licence to use, copy, publicly perform or display, transmit or distribute, translate, adapt and create derivative works from any Submission(s) that you provide as well as the right to sublicense any or all such rights to third parties.

You waive all moral rights in your Submission(s) in favour of TVO, and acknowledge that there is no expectation of confidentiality vis-a-vis your Submission(s). As such, you consent to TVO's identifying you as the contributor of the Submission(s).

Jacqure Frescos work...copyrighted...giving it all away to TVO for free perpetual license forever.

#25 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
NanosPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 13:35
(0)

CS Original

> If there had been a massive campaign to get 5,000 people to spam an Internet poll,
> it seems that there would be at least one mention of such an effort on their forum.

You would think so, but don't forget they are rather incompetent in joining up all the dots, eg. they (As in just PJ, so hardly what I would call a massive effort..) might mention something in their mass emails, which they neglect to mention/follow up on the forum.

Sadly (Though perhaps not that sadly..) I wouldn't know, as I wasn't on their mailing list, and now not entitled to, so I'm unaware of what magic is going on there :-)

Perhaps we can look back at the Ireland voting effort example, does anyone remember just how many people really voted there, or if there was a PJ announcement to vote there ?

(I have a vague memory of someone, maybe even PJ saying one of the reasons why they didn't ask people to do much was the fear that if they did and people didn't, it would look real bad, so best to never ask and avoid that risk..)

(Then I suppose you can look like you have a massive army poised at your finger tips to do your bidding to threaten others to listen to you, when in fact its all a bluff..)

#26 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 13:37
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Keep JAQing off broseph.

#27 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
MuertosPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 13:42
(0)

CS Original

Nanos...man, they spammed an online poll. That's what Zeitgeisters do, they surf around the net spewing their crap where it's easiest to do so.

Why is this so difficult for you to accept? Why are we arguing about this?

#28 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
NanosPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 14:03
(0)

CS Original

I'm curious to know if its really 5,000+ Ziters who managed to get out of bed, or just a few dozen folk.

Trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but majority of opinion and what few facts exist, point more towards dozens than thousands.

We aren't arguing, we are debating :-)

Next your be calling me a troll :-)

Also, at least no one can say we are biased towards being anti-Z on everything, when in fact some of us do try and help them as much as possible.

Even, with the best of intentions they fail but to come across poorly, which is why I rarely mention them elsewhere, as they are so insignificant. (Its a tad amusing when I check over 2,000+ forums I'm in, archived for the last 20+ years, and TVP/TZM is mentioned in less than 1% of them.. (Most of them pretty negative...))

#29 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 04, 2010 - 14:04
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

You do act like a concern troll, but people don't get banned for being trolls here. So you can JAQ off to your heart's content.

I am perfectly happy to be biased towards being anti-Zeitgeist. There are plenty of ways that people can help both the planet and society without being involved in this bullshit. It has no redeeming qualities because it keeps people from using their energy for things that matter.

I do not have to suffer fools gladly, regardless of their good intentions, especially when it is this appalling. Make no mistake, it is appalling to people who really care about the issues Zeitgeisters claim to.

#30 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]